The baseball thread

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

Red_Indian
Please enter the middle number: 1

The baseball thread

Post by Red_Indian »

Well someone had to do it - there's reasonable amount of interest around here, so I thought I might as well do it myself. Things might be quiet around here in the near future considering we are (potentially) just one game away from the end of the season, but this thread will hopefully be put to good use next season and thereafter.

Enough of me, over to you folks... anyone but Yankees for me ;)
gbelday

The baseball thread

Post by gbelday »

Code: Select all

Yankees for me 
It's only Yankees for me :)
forpar

The baseball thread

Post by forpar »

I fell asleep somewhere between 10th to 11th inning y'day. Anyone but Yankees for me too. But I am pulling for White Sox this time. They seem to be lot better than any other team.
gvhvhg

The baseball thread

Post by gvhvhg »

Enough of me, over to you folks... anyone but Yankees for me
This forum should be honored to have THE BIGGEST Yankee hater on the planet amongst us......Me!
puneets

The baseball thread

Post by puneets »

Chicago White-Sox for me :)
not far from this place.

Go Sox!
forpar

The baseball thread

Post by forpar »

THE BIGGEST Yankee hater
Strange...considering you being in NYC. I dont hate them but I am not inclined towards 'so called dynasties' (except Lakers ofcourse :wink: )
India1989

The baseball thread

Post by India1989 »

Hey are there any baseball team in India? Like does any body play baseball in India?
Kumar
Authors
Authors

The baseball thread

Post by Kumar »

Kunal, i had been meaning to do this for a while!!! Thanx..

If houston wins the next two games, they have a chance to win the world series... But I think they lost the script when they pitched clemens in the first game (with his hammy ) !!!
Kumar
Authors
Authors

The baseball thread

Post by Kumar »

forpar wrote:
THE BIGGEST Yankee hater
Strange...considering you being in NYC. I dont hate them but I am not inclined towards 'so called dynasties' (except Lakers ofcourse :wink: )
As long as they are our dynasty, we do not mind!!!
Red_Indian

The baseball thread

Post by Red_Indian »

Surely he was safe on the last play! Not that it would have made a difference I don't think. Congratulations to Chicago White Sox, the new "World Champions" - it's like Indians calling their National Kabbadi champions "Champions of the World" though. Typical American attitude, though I don't the NBA champs call themselves that.
puneets

The baseball thread

Post by puneets »

Great win by the White-Sox.

In today's world, there are half a dozen teams that will thrash the NBA champs.
gvhvhg

The baseball thread

Post by gvhvhg »

Typical American attitude, though I don't the NBA champs call themselves that
:rofl: they do...thats the sad thing...
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

The baseball thread

Post by S_K_S »

India1989 wrote:Hey are there any baseball team in India? Like does any body play baseball in India?
It's played in every school and playground and has been for decades.....

It's called Rounders!! :devil:
gbelday

The baseball thread

Post by gbelday »

The Indian baseball team is (was) mostly comprised of cricket players from Hyderabad (atleast back in 1996). I've know a bunch of them - they used to play in the local A1 division cricket league. They even toured Japan and Korea back in 96 and were trashed by some local clubs over there. I'll dig up some info (not sure if there is anything in print)

Congrats Whitesox!! I was in Chicago for a year in 97 but mostly watched Cubs games!!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

The baseball thread

Post by jayakris »

Chicago White Sox, the new "World Champions" - it's like Indians calling their National Kabbadi champions "Champions of the World" though. Typical American attitude, though I don't the NBA champs call themselves that.
Well, no! .. There is no typical American stuff here. There was a newspaper called "The World" which used to sponsor the "World" series, and the baseball champions started to be called the "world" champions. Later on the Americans figured out that these champions were indeed the world champions too, as there were nobody else playing baseball at that level anywhere. It is not like the Americans with their "typical attitude" woke up one day and decided to call their team "world champions" out of arrogance.

They never woke up and decided to call their college football champions "world champions" even though that is a sport played ONLY in America and they are in some sense "world champions" .. They don't call the college baseketball national champs "world champs" either. The college baseball champions ARE called "world champions" because the annual Omaha finals decided long back to use the Major League analogy and use "College WORLD series" as a marketing ploy.

The "world" needs to first understand what America is, before jumping into conclusions on anything "typically american" ..

Jay