Moderator: Moderators

Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Looking for Tennis Facilities and Coach/Instructor in Hyd

Post by Sandeep »

Phew!! 1 Crore!! That is close to property prices in Singapore.
Well, I am talking about a 4 bedroom independent house. I don't know about apartments though!!
gbelday
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by gbelday »

so what is the address for Secunderabad Club?
The club is in Picket, Secunderabad (about 5 min from Parade Grounds). Any auto guys should take you there :)
You have to be a member of the club to use the courts. Currently, there is a 10 year wait for membership :eek: It took my dad about 8 years to become a member!! You can probably go there with a guest and pay the guest fee. The courts there are pretty decent though and the coaches are good. SP Misra and the likes used to play there..
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Secunderabad club is an army club right? It has dress code and all.
Currently, there is a 10 year wait for membership
Is it currently? Are you sure. 10 yrs waiting time was long time back . Now I think they stopped giving memberships. Anyways it is as expensive as Jubilee Hills club (unless you served Indian army) if not more.
richardtay

Post by richardtay »

Hmmm....looks like club memberships are rather costly heh!!!

Oh...by the way, what is the estimated going rate for coaching sessions? The price per hour session, etc?
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

In Lal Bahadur stadium it was 100 per hour a year ago. But that is just for using courts and not for coaching.

Most of the coaching centers I know charge a monthly fee. And it should be some where around 3000 - 5000 Rupees (a good one).
richardtay

Post by richardtay »

Hmmm.... so how regular are the sessions at that monthly fees?

This question may sound a bit silly..... My company had assigned me a driver. But his usual timing is Monday to Saturday. If I were to go for games, it will be rather bad for me to let him wait till the night....or if I were to get him for regular Sundays. Other than 3-wheelers are there any taxi service that I can use? Perhaps in the range of Rs125 to Rs250?
paulo_eddie

Tennis Academies/Facilities in India

Post by paulo_eddie »

hey everyone,
i've been looking out for reputed tennis academies in india. i've heard of the Bhupathi one @banglore, NTA @ gurgaon, Jaideep mukherjee@siliguri, cci@mumbai, britannia amritraj@chennai
what i'm looking for is some real good weekend and residential progrms. the NTA, i've heard provides residential and weekend programs, but i dunno if the weekend programs run all year round or in bunches at some times of te year or whether it is subject to availability of no. of students or coach etc.
thats all the info i have, if someone knows more bout it plz help out.
also, it would be great if i'd get to know of the various programs being run at the bhupathi academy and the amritraj academy at banglore and chennai respectively. i've tried searching for links or urls of the same, but havent got it yet. if you could send me the relevent info or the links to the same.
thanking you
Edwin
paulo_eddie

Post by paulo_eddie »

hey thanks for informing me about the amritraj academy(its closure).
if the objective i'm looking for is the question, then that would be:
1. find some high quality coaches to train under
2. to find some good quality HITTING partners(in most clubs, we're stuck with middle aged "uncles" who just dont have the speed and power to make good enough hitting partners)
3. get better individualized attention to certain aspects of my game.

for this purpose, i was looking for reputed academies in india which could offer me these. BTW, i'm 17(16 and 7 months actually), i've lived mostly in Goa, just moved to mumbai this summer. i havent been able to participate in any high quality tournaments because of a total lack of awareness about them till recently, although i do have a fair assesment of my game done by one of the asst. coaches at a tennis camp in US which i attended for a week this april. besides i've been able to beat some quite well known juniors during practise(PLZ, i won't name them), which has given me a lot of optimism about my game.
i would like to attend some weekend/week-long/month-long coaching.
...and i did visit the bhupathi tennis village website on the good suggestion by a forum member on another thread.
i hope the info suffices, looking forward to responses about good quality academies and their courses/fees...
thanks everyone & Godbless
eddie
XYZ

Post by XYZ »

Hi Paulo
You may try the following places - not in any particular order :

CCI - Mumbai (I am not sure if everyone is recruited as there is a special coaching scheme)

MSLTA - Mumbai

Practennis - Andheri - Mumbai

Nandan Bal's academy - Pune

Hemant Bendre - Pune

I won't know the fees though.

Please check the ranks of best men / juniors training at these places - hit with them before joining, satisfy yourself and then join.

As far as individual coaching is concerned, please pay per session. By this you can discontinue whenever you find that the coaching / availability is not good.

All the best.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

bobby seems to be visiting this forum once in a while and make some absurd remarks!!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Well, I simply deleted a post from bobby which was making hearsay comments seriously affecting the reputation of an academy, that we cannot allow here...

Jay
paulo_eddie

Post by paulo_eddie »

hey jay nice to see ya in this thread...
man u dont seem like much 2 interested in answerin private messages(dude i asked u such a sincere question, but u never bothered responding....anyway,its all good)
India1989

Post by India1989 »

I am not sure about good tennis courts but there are some. Most of the courts in Kolkata is outdoors. You don't need indoors in Kolkata except in July and August. The rainy time.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

paulo_eddie wrote:hey jay nice to see ya in this thread...
man u dont seem like much 2 interested in answerin private messages(dude i asked u such a sincere question, but u never bothered responding....anyway,its all good)
:Offtopic:
Hey don't take it personally, he rarely replies to my PM's either. ;-)