Sportspersons and their Endorsements

As we had often come back to discussing economic benefits/impact of sports I thought it was about time for an economic discussion forum.
shaili
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by shaili »

This is a new thread to discuss various endorsements made by sportspersons for private companies as well as for public service campaigns.

Some advertisements are very catchy and effective while others are downright boring (like Yuvraj Singh in the early Westside advts).

Then there is Sania in the TATA tea advt, drinking tea at the courtside during a break. :kookoo:

Of course there is the all time favourite 'Kapil da jawaab nahin'.

Write in about the advt featuring a sportsperson that you like most and dislike most.

p.s. not sure if this should be here in the economic and general development forum or in general chit chat.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

general chit chat would have been appropriate. But never know, we might end up discussing the dynamics of endorsements and their effect on economy. Let us see how the discussion goes and based on that can see where exactly it fits in
shaili

Post by shaili »

actually there have been short discussions about when and what endorsements players should take up. (am not sure about posts in previous years in this forum. i am still new.)

players spending time doing advts has always been discussed by fans and the media. players have been 'blamed' for bad form because they spent more time doing ads during their break and did not train enough, blah blah. i dont agree with that at all.

i think money which players earn through ads is an important source of income. many players make investments using these funds - more like planning for the future when their careers as sportspersons will be over.

(mods please shift this thread to whichever forum it fits in.)
puneets

Post by puneets »

Here are some of the old ones which I remember:
  • Kapil's
    "Palmolive da jawaab nahin"

"kya joote bhi saans lete hain"

Kapil and Sachin's
    "Boost is the secret of my energy"; "Our energy"

Pataudi's Gwalior suitings

Gavaskar's Dinesh suitings