Shiv Kapur thread ...

All posts regarding specific golfers and golfer threads are in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Shiv Kapur: T7, T18, T3, 4, T8, T2,..., Wins Volvo Masters

Post by suresh »

BSharma wrote:Thanks Suresh for your calculations.
Lin. Extrapolation for 2006: 116 = €206,177 and 147=€121,023.
Can you explain to a math-challenged person how did you come up with this figure? I have not looked carefully at the amount of prize money offered in 2004 and 2005, and what will be given out in 2006 because it may have a bearing on the calculations of rank #116 and #147 for 2006.
I assumed that percentage increase from 2004 to 2005 is the same as the increase from 2005 to 2006. It is called a linear extrapolation because one can draw a straight line connecting the three numbers. I was a wee bit more sophisticated -- I used the average of the two percentage increases (that for the 116 and 147 positions). The end result is that the increase is about 18%. The bottom line is that it gives one concrete numbers to work with.
suresh

Post by suresh »

With Shiv's T26 finish at the BMW Asian Open where he earned $16,290.00, his earning on the European Tour for the year is currently at €122,331 which is currently good for 58th position the money list. I believe that Shiv has run out of co-sanctioned tournaments with the European Tour. As per my estimate, this is good enough for him to gain a Category 12 exemption for next year's European tour. A good run in his first major (the British Open) will solidify this position -- the bottom line being that he should make the cut. Good luck Shiv.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Shiv Kapur received an invitation to the prestigious Quinn British Masters golf championship next month ... He will be the only Indian lining up for the 1.8 million pound event which will be held from May 11 to 14 at The De Vere Belfry golf course.

Kapur invited to British Masters

Here is tournament's site - THE QUINN DIRECT BRITISH MASTERS

Jaydeep.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

I hope Shiv gets few more invites in European tour and few more good results so that he qualifies for the full European tour. Go Shiv!!!
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

It is good to read that Shiv will play in the British Masters in May prior to his debut at the British Open in July. His goal is to earn the EPGA card for 2007 and then try to get into the US PGA Tour, but I hope that he can fast forward his goals and earn the PGA Tour card next year.
suresh

Post by suresh »

ajay wrote:I hope Shiv gets few more invites in European tour and few more good results so that he qualifies for the full European tour. Go Shiv!!!
I second Ajay's wish. He needs about 85,000 Euros to qualify for the full tour which will be easy if he does well in either the British Masters or the British Open -- currently the only European events he is scheduled to play this year. I think he will be getting more invites because he seems to have a fairly high profile as far as the media is concerned -- doesn't hurt that he is the Asian rookie of the year. Let is see what happens.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Shiv Kapur: T7, T18, T3, 4, T8, T2,..., Wins Volvo Masters

Post by jaydeep »

Check Shiv Kapur's interview before The Masters on Hindu site ... He is keeping very realistic view stating his priority is playing all four rounds.

Kapur hoping for a delightful debut

Jaydeep.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Re: Shiv Kapur: T7, T18, T3, 4, T8, T2,..., Wins Volvo Masters

Post by BSharma »

Here is a link to a nice article about Shiv's performance at the British Open.  He came up inches short of making the cut.

Kapur misses cut at British Open
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Shiv Kapur at Deutsche Bank Players' Championship

Post by ajay »

A new high for Shiv Kapur at European tour at Deutsche Bank Players' Championship . Shiv gets his best finish in terms of money in European tour. Shiv finished T22 and earned € 37980.00.  The previous top pay checks for Shiv in European tour were € 29691 in Johnnie Walker Classic where he finished T12, and € 23143 in Jakarta HSBC Indonesia Open where he finished T7. This result moves Shiv to exactly 100th spot in the European Tour Order of Merit.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Shiv Kapur at Deutsche Bank Players' Championship T22

Post by jaydeep »

Good to see Shiv managed to perform consistently over 4 rounds to finished strongly and increase his chances of grabbing EPGA Tour card for 2007 ... Go Shiv.

Jaydeep.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Shiv is currently ranked 100 in EPGA money list. Top 115 at the end of the season earn the EPGA card for the next year directly. But if he dosen't get to play more tournament, he'll certainly fall behind and miss out an opportunity to directly earn the EPGA card. But there is good news as Shiv will get another chance to earn 2007 EPGA card. Read this article "KAPUR SHINES IN GERMANY"

With his impressive result in Germany, Kapur moved up to 100th position on the European Tour Order of Merit with 178,811 euros. He needs to be ranked in the top 115 to book his spot in Europe for next year.
Kapur, currently 15th on the Asian Tour's UBS Order of Merit has a chance to consolidate his position with his impending appearance at the World Golf Championship-Bridgestone Invitational in Ohio, United States next month. The US$7.5 million event has no halfway cut, with last place offering a little over US$30,000.

So he is assured of $30,000, and with some luck he can get little more. If he earns his EPGA card in regular season, he can peacefully go to PGA qualifier near the end of the year and try his luck to qualify for PGA. Go Shiv!!
Last edited by ajay on Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

I didn’t know that 'World Golf Championship-Bridgestone Invitational in Ohio, United State' prize money also get counted for EPGA card.

Jaydeep.
Prem

Post by Prem »

Shiv gets another INVITE for an EPGA event !!!  :D for next weeks KLM event in Holland.
Not sure how he has managed to get so many invites (presume result of winning rookie of year in Asian tour last year) in EPGA..
Great chance for him to win some more money and seal the 2007 card.
Go SHIV goooooo.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

I am glad that Shiv will get another opportunity to earn his 2007 EPGA card.  Go Shiv.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Shiv Kapur will join 77 elite golfers at the World Golf Championship in Akron, Ohio this week.  A great performance can earn him his EPGA card for 2007.  Good luck.