F1: Fantasy league contest.

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

vkd_1717
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by vkd_1717 »

if we did get the points the replacement driver got i would say no to this but since we dont its unfair to the people who picked JPM and Sato as their bonus driver
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Dhurv, why can't one get the points of JPM's replacement? I think that is pretty fair to all the people who picked JPM and people who didn't pick JPM shouldn't have any complaints...
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Well because when I first wrote the rules I said
If a driver is replaced then he will be deemed to not have completed a race and so you get bonus points for that. The Klien/Luizzi case is a special one and they will be treated as one and the same driver as RB are doing that this season from what I can tell.
If a driver does not start a race (i.e. is not present on the grid and in qualifying) they cannot give you the bonus points. So Ralf last year when he got injured and did not race in the latter half would not have given you bonus points. Only if the official leaderboard has them as DNF (actually they show the number of laps you did) will you get credit for the driver points.
So basically, if we don't give points for JPM replacements not finishing, (although no-one picked him for bonus) if would be inconsistent to give points for his replacements finishing.

I guess there is some inherent inconsistency between staement 1 and statement 2 so if people really think the replacement driver points should go to JPM, I can easily change the results. I really don't want to take a decision on that myself as JPM is one my picks as well and I don't want to be accused of changing the rules to favour myself.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

My answer is no for substitution for JPM.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Letz say someone has picked JPM not to finish (bonus driver).. In that case if his replacement doesn't finish, then he should automatically get the points.. If his replacement finishes, then he will not get the bonus points..

I still feel that those who picked JPM should get his replacements points.. But as Dhurv pointed out, I have also picked JPM so my vote may not count that much..

If their team , considers Wurz to be equitable replacement for JPM, why should our contest be any different?

Sandeep, tell me one good reason why we shouldn't get Wurz points as JPM is injured... ?
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

See if you talk about validity, then probably JPM can be substituted. My whole point is when F1 is so much on luck, why not this? It is your badluck that JPM is injured. It is my bad luck that Kimi's engine is failing again and again. It is badluck for those who chose Rubens that his engine is failing repeatedly. It is again badluck for someone who chose MS trading 100 points that his F2004 was slower than Redbull.

If Dhruv would have known that Renault would be this dominant winning 4 out of 4 he would have given Alonso atleast 75 points and reduce the price of Schumi to 75. But it is luck for those who chose FA and badluck for those who chose MS. It is all luck dependant right?
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

I agree everything is based on luck...

But My question is this, IF F1 can allow JPM to be replaced and award the points of his replacements to the team that had him as his driver, why can't our contest award the points of his replacement to the Member who has taken him as part of his team... I am not talking about replacing JPM with Alonzo, I am talking about replacing JPM with thier Second string driver..

Come on Kunal, Indians and others who have not chosen JPM let us know what you feel... If all of the others who have not chosen JPM still feel the way Sandeep feels, than I will rest my case..
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Well, your argument seems valid but let us wait for others opinions. Heck, it is just a contest right, do whatever if it makes the contest more interesting and valid :D
Red_Indian

Post by Red_Indian »

I feel that the replacements' points should be included - and I am not saying this now. Go look back at this thread and you'll see I had suggested that vkd and others should get point for their temporary replacement. However, it would be unfair for me to speak on this too much. It is important for those who do not have JPM to be convinced abt this argument, we have enough conviction already ;)
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Kunal, do you have JPM in your team? Oh man, I guess lot of people are getting affected by what had happened to JPM. Well, I don not have problem with replacement.

Earlier I thought we should strictly go by rule, but if more than 50% people are getting affected then probably we can slightly change the rule.
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

i dont think we should get points for are replacements so far because the rules were clear enough .. however i hope dhruv changes the rules for further races
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Yes, so far no to points. from here on it is ok.
Red_Indian

Post by Red_Indian »

No "so far" business - either it applies from the start or not at all. IMhO.
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

Dhruv, if BAR are banned can we make substitutions?
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

I don't think we should be allowed substitutions if BAR was banned Whom do we replace the banned players with? Thatz where everything would be broken down..

..Itz just bad luck for members who chose Bar players.. :(