Whats your handicap

This is the forum for general golf info and queries and comments.

Moderator: Moderators

zulu400

Whats your handicap

Post by zulu400 »

Hi Sree,

Yes I did contact them and they said no one turned it in. The problem with me is that when I have to hit a shot I choose 2 clubs to take with me and I set the club not being used on the ground before I take the shot. And then when I leave I forget abt the club on the ground, and I think the same might have happened with me when I lost the 5 iron.
When I'm using a cart then this happens with all shots, and if I'm walking then its mostly around the green when I have the wedges and putter that I can choose to forget. :kookoo:

Thanks for your help though Sree....
Rajeev
sreek007
Please enter the middle number: 1

Leave the club on the return path

Post by sreek007 »

well... one thing that might help you avoid forgetting to pick up the extra club is: after you walk up to the ball and decide which club to use, drop the extra club between the ball position and the cart position.
Or if you are walking, leave it on the path from the hole you are playing to where you left your bag.

That way when you walk back to the cart/bag, you are "more likely" to pick it up.

I never leave a club in the rough around the green. I either put it on the green on line with my return path to my bag; or leave it next to the flag stick on the ground.
zulu400

Whats your handicap

Post by zulu400 »

Yes, some of my friends have suggested that idea and I think its a good one. Another variation is that when the flag stick is off the hole then you can leave your club on the flag stick so that if not you, atleast someone else might ask "whose club is this" when your group leaves the hole ....

Thanks for your suggestions Sree.

Rajeev.
zulu400

Whats your handicap

Post by zulu400 »

Hi Guys,
How is everyone doing ? I mentioned before that I will be seeking some professional help for my game and so I call this guy's office and they said he charges $145 per hour for an individual class.....
Dang..... can you believe it ???? Its crazy !!
Do you guys know of any good PGA professionals in Long Island ? I looked at some on the internet and their rates are also almost $100 per hour. Is that the normal going rate ??? (I'm still thinking abt the $145/hr deal !!)
chipshot
Please enter the middle number: 1

Handicap...

Post by chipshot »

I loved watching this game over the years on different sports channel and wondered if this game can be played by someone like me. I'll be 40 in Feb'06. Me being a very natural sports person (I played cricket, soccer, field hockey and Table Tennis while I was in India), one of my neighbor (who has been playing golf for some time now) took me out to the driving range in East Windsor, NJ. He had me swing few irons and he noticed that I was swinging the clubs pretty well (I thaught he was making fun of me). He told me to go take some lessons and I did.

I took "Intro to Golf" lessons this year in April. After I had this course, I kept on going to the range and hit about 2-4 large buckets every visit. Then I started going to the course with golf buddy of mine (I met him in the Intro course). I was hitting about 108-112 till about August. But since then, I have broken 100 every time I have been to the course.

Guys, first time when I broke my 100, probably was the best day of my life. I was elated. I am a very confident person and set my goals high. I work very hard to improve my golf game and I do not want to waste my time by just trying. I want to make it in this game. Oh, well you can say anyone plays this game thinks the same way and you are no different. I am different and here is why? I was born and grew up in Ranchi, Bihar and all I played there was cricket, soccer and Field Hockey. Then we moved to Rajasthan (I was 16) and there I saw some sports that I had never saw in life before.... Table Tennis. All the kids and young guys play very good TT and I did not know nothing about this game. Cut the story short....I have represented Rajasthan in Nationals. What happened was all history. Guy from Bihar, knew poor hindi (forget English) can come and play nationals 4 years after picking up the game of TT, can do anything.

I have lived in NJ for 14 years now and for last some years I have been following GOLF but picked up this game very seriously this year. I do golf 2-3 days a week and want to do more of this next year and beyond. I have broken my 90 once (87!!!). My score has reached a bottom now and now I hit somewhere in between 94-96. Not bad for 6 months.

Suggestion:
Keep positive attitude.
Set Goals
Work Hard
Make mistakes and learn from it.
Give all you have to give to this game and this game will give you back what you deserve.

I plan to shoot mid 80's by next year consistently. I hope I did not bore many of you with statement.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Whats your handicap

Post by Sandeep »

Hey like your confidence. COntinue doing what you like. There is always a first for everything. You might be the first guy to start golf at the age of 40 and become a champion. Never know. Go ahead and realize your dream.
zulu400

Whats your handicap

Post by zulu400 »

Wow Chipshot,
You are really doing wonderfully well, keep it up and keep us posted abt your progress.

To everyone out there,
I wanted a list of golf teaching professionals in Mumbai. If you guys have any information could you please pass it over to me. And if someone you know has personally taken any lessons from them then please give me their feedback too.
Thanks guys,
Raj

** UPDATE **
FYI - I have looked into the following website http://www.indiangolftour.com and have obtained some info, but your feed back is still welcome. Thanks.
zulu400

Whats your handicap

Post by zulu400 »

I took a lesson from a pro yesterday. It was a nice experience, although lots of things he was speaking I already knew (the theory that is) but the main difference was that my action was different than what I was thinking I was doing. So it was good that he told me abt what was wrong in my swing and also gave me some drills to practice and eliminate the bad things. All in all I would say it was a good investment ($100 for an hour) and I have ended up messing my previous swing, but atleast I am working on the right technique now, so I am happy. I guess I won't be breaking 100 anymore for sometime now till I get used to this new swing.

There is one guy from the club where I hit balls who is flying to CA today for his Q-School tournament. His game was looking good.

Ciao,
Rajeev.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Whats your handicap

Post by Sandeep »

Good to hear that you are changing your swing. Looks like and you and tiger have some similarities.
zulu400

Whats your handicap

Post by zulu400 »

Ha ha.... Sandeep.... let me assure you the similarities end there !!
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Whats your handicap

Post by Kumar »

wow chipshot!! Amazing!!!
zulu400

Whats your handicap

Post by zulu400 »

Hi Guys,
I did a 18 hole course yesterday (the weather was great) and I shot a 96. (with 2 lost balls, I did not count those shots, hey gimme a break !!) It was the first time I was playing that course and I three (yes three) putted 4 times (yikes !!) but I also made one par and one birdie (Yay !!!), great for me considering I was playing there for the first time. The birdie was dramatic.... I had a 50 feet chip shot from the rough on the par 5.... I used a 9 iron to execute a punch and roll strategy and it went in.... It was amazing I did the Tiger pump and threw the club in the air and my group and the 2 adjacent groups came and congratulated me, it was really awesome. Also on one of the holes I escaped getting killed by a wayward shot (phew) I had to jump in the air to avoid it, thank God I was looking. All in all a very happening and exhausted day of golf. And as a bonus I come home to find out that I finished 2nd (way way way distant 2nd) on the weekly tournament (Vishnu is on a roll) and my day was made....

Keep posting,
Rajeev.