All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

MithuChelu
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Rupesh Roy thread...

Post by MithuChelu »

Tennisprosa,

Some where I heard that Rupesh has found a sponsorer....what happened to it?

I understand money is a vital ingredient to launch the career....at the same time,TIME is also a vital factor and you can't waste it by playing and zapping your energy in matches which has got no impact on the ATP ranking....

Tennis is a cash strapping sport...so a young aspirant either you should have a route to get sponsorer's or should be self supportive,otherwise need to think about a TEAM sport before thinking it as a profession...

Strange situation in this country: Rupesh Roy wants to play a lot but lacks the finance,while Yuki Bhambri has roped in a huge sponsorer "Club Mahindra" but wants to concentrae on his education....

Yuki Bhambri is not going to be apprecated for completing his Xth standard....instead he will applauded for getting this country some laurels in his sport....simple common sense "Education also can be a profession as Sports already is...."

MC
tennisprosa1

Post by tennisprosa1 »

MC

Rupesh did just secure a PRIVATE sponsor who does not have endless funds, we are working to make the funding last for as long as possible and in the best way possible. Rupesh is not only playing club tennis on RED CLAY to make money but improve his game on the surface and to make him a better player overall. There are a lot of European players (Who are the majority in the top 100) who have come through this system of playing club tennis either in France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden etc. Rupesh is trying to be self sufficent, he does not owe any company or people money. He does not have to give up anything with regards to future sponsoship opportunities etc.
Rupesh is by no means wasting time, the average age of the worlds top 100 men is 26.
Yuki has been very fortune to have been at a major academy under the watchful eye of the largest management company in the world, with this comes a huge amount of pressure to perform at every event.
I take my hat off to Yuki for continuing his education.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

tennisprosa1 wrote: I take my hat off to Yuki for continuing his education.
Why? Why can he not get his formal education later? (And, btw, I am a person in the education business.) And really what use is it to him at this point?
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Tennisprosa,

I'm just curious to know what is RR's next ITF ? Where he will be playing next ?

Rupesh is not in the entry list of 15K India F4 starting 3rd of May. :roll:
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

prasen9 wrote:
tennisprosa1 wrote: I take my hat off to Yuki for continuing his education.
Why? Why can he not get his formal education later? (And, btw, I am a person in the education business.) And really what use is it to him at this point?
Getting some basic education is a part of the maturation process and I applaud Yuki for completing his schooling. Now, there is no need for him to rush to a college degree :D -- that can wait for a player of Yuki's immense potential.

BTW, although our family structure should prevent something like this in India but immature athletes who make money very early in life often end up not knowing how to handle either life or money once their playing days are over.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,190555
tennisprosa1

Post by tennisprosa1 »

Great point Arjun.

Saniapower, can you read???? For the 4th time. Rupesh will be playing in FRANCE for the month of May in a French club league with other ranked players. He will then head to the Netherlands starting June 7th for 3 15k's before heading back to India for the 5 Futures there and the 2 Challengers.

Does anyone know if the AITA tornament calendar is correct as they are listing 5 Futures and 2 challengers but the ITF calendar does not show these events.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

arjun2761 wrote: Getting some basic education is a part of the maturation process and I applaud Yuki for completing his schooling.
While this is arguable and perhaps has some merit, Yuki is not really going to school for much of the school year. He is studying on his own and learning things; that is commendable. But, I do not see any use in missing a month and taking the board exam now. What is the point of a board certificate for Yuki? He will neither seek a job nor seek further education now. So, while the education may be worthwhile and he is getting that on his own, the paper certifying that he has certain skills is rather useless --- at least not worth a month's loss in my eyes. Now, if you say that he is only studying because he has to sit for the exam, that may have some merit, but, I would rather that someone study just to know rather than to clear some exam. The comparison with NFL players is not apt; they have socio-economic backgrounds that are much lower than the average backgrounds of most of our tennis players. And, nobody is asking them not to get a degree once they retire. Deferring the education for elite athletes is okay, imho.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

tennisprosa1 wrote:
Saniapower, can you read???? For the 4th time.
He can't ......
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

tennisprosa1,
Ok, fine, i got it. He will give a miss to the 2 indian ITFs scheduled for May & in stead will play in league tennis in France. Ok.
MithuChelu

Post by MithuChelu »

tennisprosa1 wrote: Does anyone know if the AITA tornament calendar is correct as they are listing 5 Futures and 2 challengers but the ITF calendar does not show these events.
According to a TNTA official who is a member in AITA tournament committee the futures will happen...the 2 challengers are highly doubtful because of the sponsor's and the security issues that ATP want's to address on behalf of the players.....He says the chances are only 10%.....likely to be offered to a south east Asian country.

MC
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Money is the issue. One challenger >= 5 Futures

Its understandable why Lehesh dont listen to aita authority, why they dont care about them. What aita have done for them? What they are doing for Yuki, RR, VIshnu, Karan etc? Where the money is going? Indian badminton is doing well. Badminton UP organized a 50k event last year. This year 175K asian badminton in delhi. and aita cant even manage 10k for our women and no challenger for the men !!!!!! This body should be banned immediately like indian hockey federation. It has no business to continue anymore and gradually killing our tennis.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

As Steve mentioned,Rupesh enters in NED f1 on clay starting june 7.
Lets hope he clears those visa problems this time and give us some gud results.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Oh no,Rupesh withdrawn from NED f1.Donno wat exactly is the trouble may be visa again.

But enters in NED f2.Lets see.
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

some twists in rupesh's plans.

scrapped netherland plans and is now planning to play in france where he's playing club tennis.

Thanx to the france tennis fed which plans to organise 3 weeks of tennis.

so hopefully there's no concerns about travelling for Rupesh now and i think he will produce some gud wins there.

And the tourney is in clay.
tennisprosa1

Post by tennisprosa1 »

Rupesh will be teaming with Ashwin Kumar to try a new doubles pairing for the next couple of weeks in France. Rupesh and Ashwin have trained together here in Boston together as a team but this is the first time that they have been able to make their schedules work together. Ashwin attended Harvard and is having some great results with doubles. They pair up well in practise, so we are hoping they get a good draw and go far.