Shankaracharya Arrest

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by PKBasu »

Sonia's sinister shenanigans need to be exposed.
There should be little doubt that the Congress was involved in the fabrication of this case against the Shankaracharya, who was arrested in Congress-ruled Andhra Pradesh. The national press has covered itself in utter disgrace, pronouncing him guilty before the trial and publishing the police's motivated and biased leaks as if they were the gospel truth.
Now who will tell the truth?
Here's S. Gurumurthy's take on the turn that this case has taken in recent days:
News paper article
PKBasu

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by PKBasu »

Surprisingly sensible piece by Rajdeep Sardesai, who is rarely sensible on most issues (!):
http://www.ndtv.com/columns/showcolumns.asp?id=1016
PKBasu

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by PKBasu »

Now Chandraswami is being prosecuted by the CBI for alleged involvement in (and financing of) Rajiv Gandhi's assassination. The Congress-led UPA (with the active assistance of the Communists) are in a mad rush to discredit Hinduism. Chandraswami would have few defenders, but to have him suddenly face prosecution in this matter is very weird indeed.
http://in.rediff.com/news/2004/dec/13rajiv.htm
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by BSharma »

What goes around, comes around. I wonder if the Congress party knows it.

What next can we expect from the Congress party?
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Hi

Post by Sandeep »

I don't know why AP was brought into this issue. He was definitely arrested in AP, but neither Ap police arrested him nor there was the hand of CM in it. Come on, it was tamil nadu police who arrested him. And the seer himself told that he didnot know about the arrest till he reached Tamil Nadu. There is no involvement of AP over here. And P.K.Basu, Y.S.Rajashera Reddy did not become a CM becasue he is a christian. That is very wrong thinking. Ha has a great respect among public and today none of the politicinas in Andhra Pradesh has such a mass hysteria what YS has. And he was made CM on the basis of his popularity among public. And some where i have read some on saying that it is often mindset of Indians to pull some one who is good down. This i feel is a complete negative thinking of what is happening in India. And as if there is no example, thye gave an example of Chandra Babu Naidu. I ignored that as i thought it was not correct to speak about politics in that thread. Please for gods sake, chandra babu naidu did nothing to andhra pradesh. It is all over hype. I can give millions of examples og his exploits. The amount of loan he got from world bank is around 50000 crore rupees. And it is all said that he improve IT in AP ad all stuff. I do accept that he improved Hyderabad, but pleae if you ever come to hyderabad, kindly tell me if u can see the imprvement of 50,000 crores. Villages are completely neglected. And IT in Andhra Pradesh is not even in 4th place after spending 50,000 crores by our hon chief minister. The infrastructure which is say is just a publicity is lying vacant in Hyderabad. To say about chandra babu there are lots.

Coming back to seer, i don't understand why people quite often consider police as fools. Do you think they arrest such a huge public figure with out any proof. Every thing come out slowly you see. There are lot of sensitive issues involved when i speak against seer. That is why I want to stop it over here. But I am one of those believers who believe that seer has hand in this murder.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by BSharma »

Sandeep,

I will stay away from commenting about Andhra Pradesh because I have not seen that state and my information about it is based on my reading in newspapers, and talking with my two uncles and a few cousins who have lived in Hyderabad for the past 50 years and several friends of mine who are from AP. I have heard mixed reviews about the former Chief Minister of AP although more of them were favorable than negative.

Regarding the Seer case - some of us have been critical of the case being tried in the news media rather than in the court where each side gets to present the evidence and refute the charges made by the other party.
i don't understand why people quite often consider police as fools.
The Indian policemen are not fools but many are corrupt and often do the dirty work of the people in power. Is this the case in the Seer's case? I do not know but time will tell if a fair trial takes place.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Hi

Post by Sandeep »

Bsharma,
You are right. But how many of the high profile cases whom poice arrested turned out be farce? I agree that they are corrupted and they show it while arresting people like you and me, bur not on shakaracharya who has sucha popularity in India. As far as i know, police never arrested a high profiled person with our proof.

And regarding AP, if your cousins live in hyderabad, they are bound to tell chandrababu naidu is good. He made hyderabad beautiful. I accept it. I wrote i in my previous post also. To give an example, is it difficult for people like us to borrow some 20 crores and build a good house. But the problem comes when we have to maintain it. For people watching, it will look like a beautiful 20cr house. The burden of maintaiing is on people of AP which is showing up in the form of taxes. Just look at the electricity bill we get, or some of the taxes we pay. Very high. This burden isn't much on people who are in upper middle class position. They are ready to pay taxes for comforts. But when it come to poor, ther are facing huge burden. THat is the reason why he lost so badly in this election.
PKBasu

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by PKBasu »

I visited Hyderabad in January 2003 to speak at the CII Partnership Summit. It was my first visit there in 27 years, and I was amazed by the transformation of the city. The head of the US think-tank CSIS, John Hamre (with whom I talked extensively), was equally astonished by what he saw. Chandrababu Naidu deserves substantial credit for bringing this about: Sandeep, I would suggest you visit Mumbai, and drive from the airport toward the city (passing through Dharavi, as you must) to get a feel for what Hyderabad was like 20 years ago (ie, before Naidu began to transform it).
You appear to forget that Naidu won re-election in Andhra Pradesh 5 years ago, despite the fact that he told the electorate that he would be raising power tariffs. YS Rajasekhar Reddy won this year's election with the cynical device of promising free power (something he cannot possibly deliver, as Manmohan Singh reminded him immediately before he was told to shut up by the Congress organisation). What undid Naidu was: (a) farmer suicides because of drought for the past three years (something that was beyond his control, unfortunately) and (b) the defection of Chandrasekhar Rao from the TD to form the Telangana Rashtra Samiti.

The Telangana agitation is one of the most sinister plots against India -- and especially southern India -- ever devised. If you want a bit of perspective, it's worth remembering that Stalin tried to foment a revolution in Telangana in 1948 (as described in some detail in the autobiography of Mohit Sen, who continued to run the Telangana CPI through most of the next few decades). The Naxalites saw Naidu as their greatest enemy because he was showing that capitalist development and an IT revolution can dramatically improve the lives of the people -- and the implicit alliance between Naxalites, the TRS and Congress resulted in Naidu's toppling. The Congress is playing with fire: there is now a Maoist thread running all the way South from Nepal (which is close to falling to the Maoists) through Bihar, Jharkhand, interior Orissa and (especially) Andhra Pradesh. The creation of Telangana (and the consequent ruin of Hyderabad, which will purportedly be its capital) will be the beginning of the end of India's IT revolution. Thankfully, we have a few nationalist figures at the top of the government (Manmohan Singh, Pranab, Chidambaram) who will intervene long before any such madness can transpire. But Rajsekhar Reddy is playing with fire in consorting with the Naxals and the TRS.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Hi

Post by Sandeep »

PKBASU,

Yup this is what i told. Chandrababu naidu improved hyd dramatically. It is too good now. I don't know how to put it. Chandrababu naidu has put hyderabad on world map, but still certain things which he did were not planned properly. Like the three phases of hitech cities. They are lying vacant. What hurts me is, after spending this much money we are still not able to get enough IT projects. I don't compare it with bangalore, as it is way ahead. But we are not able to get as much as pune also. Some things which he did were like just to gain oubicity. Like the 6cr he spent on athletes during national games to represent AP. Karnataka despite having IT exports of around 20,000cr did not spend even half money on bangalore when compared to what Naidu has spent on hyderabad. IN the mean time villages got completely spoiled. Why do u think farmers commited suicide? Lack of rains is one of the reason, but as a CM if he would have spent atleast half the money what he spent on hyd on villages I think we would have atleast overcome drought to some extent.
And as far as YS is concerned, he is trying his level best to improve villages. It is too early to judge his ruling, but i felt atleast he tried sincierly to deal with naxalites.
And reagrding TRS, some of rebels from congress won their elections on TRS candidates. TRS is not that popular as it claims to be. It was a big mistake on congress to join hands with them and give unnecessary strength to them.
And even if state spererates i don't think HYD will go to telangana. I do accept that it would effect hyderabad badly, but i still think that it would be a joint capital.

To end let us hope as how my friends say, Naidu improived hyd and YS is improving villages. WIth in another 15 years if the shift of power continues they say that whole of AP will br developed.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by BSharma »

But how many of the high profile cases whom poice arrested turned out be farce?
It happens all the time in politics of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Bihar, Punjab, etc. A high profile political figure goes to jail when the opposition party comes into power, and is released with great pomp and show when his own party regains the power. Tamil Nadu is not an exception either. The lady Chief Minister has been in and out of trouble depending on who has been in control of the situation.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Hi

Post by Sandeep »

Yup,

But those are politicians. Politicians it happens always. When i mean by high profile, i excluded politicians. As the arrest of politicians is not a big deal. they get arrested one dya and then they will be released the other. This is becoming such a big issue because shankaracharya is worshipped by many. Tell me frankly how many of you supported sanjay dutt when he was arrested in bombay bomb blast. How many of you supported a kethan parekh or harshad mehta when police put them in jail. or for that matter how many of us came forward to say that police did wrong in case of Ishaharath. Is it because shankaracharya claims o br decendant of god that we are doubting police? Or is it our religious sentiments which are making us talk against police?
vishnureddy

Re: Hi

Post by vishnureddy »

nothingnew wrote:Karnataka despite having IT exports of around 20,000cr did not spend even half money on bangalore when compared to what Naidu has spent on hyderabad.

As you had already said that B'lore was already way ahead and doesn't require much inv as others cities need. BTW, i had recently readan in interview of Naidu where he pointed out that he wasn't taking any loans for Hyderabad as it had become selfsufficient and paying for its infrastructure development by itself. Also there has been a lot of criticism of declining standards recently in Bangalore and so that may indeed be taking effect?

IN the mean time villages got completely spoiled. Why do u think farmers commited suicide? Lack of rains is one of the reason, but as a CM if he would have spent atleast half the money what he spent on hyd on villages I think we would have atleast overcome drought to some extent.

Maybe he could have done a bit more but there is nothing much you can do when there is drought for 4 out of 5 seasons. Even this year when Congress has come into power there have been lot more suicides even after it announced all those initiatives and i doubt it would be any different 5 yrs from now if there is the same drought situation prevailing

And as far as YS is concerned, he is trying his level best to improve villages. It is too early to judge his ruling, but i felt atleast he tried sincierly to deal with naxalites.

But the result of the talks was predictable. There is no purpose of talks if the first demand itself that they make is absurd and unpractisable

And reagrding TRS, some of rebels from congress won their elections on TRS candidates. TRS is not that popular as it claims to be. It was a big mistake on congress to join hands with them and give unnecessary strength to them.
And even if state spererates i don't think HYD will go to telangana. I do accept that it would effect hyderabad badly, but i still think that it would be a joint capital.

This makes me sick. I mean if people of same language, color,etc,. can't live together then states like Nagaland, Manipur,etc,. have every right to become seperate countries. This is :damn: and i am from Telangana by the way

To end let us hope as how my friends say, Naidu improived hyd and YS is improving villages. WIth in another 15 years if the shift of power continues they say that whole of AP will br developed.

Well i really hope that happens
vishnureddy

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by vishnureddy »

PKBasu wrote:What undid Naidu was: (a) farmer suicides because of drought for the past three years (something that was beyond his control, unfortunately) and (b) the defection of Chandrasekhar Rao from the TD to form the Telangana Rashtra Samiti.
The discontentment among the govt employees as he made them accountable could have also played its part and also this rumour which was on every one's mouth( atleast i heard it a lot in Nizamabad dist area in Telangana) , that Naidu took so many loans that it would require around Rs 7000 from every person to pay off those debts. Also CPI and the Congress were successful in painting this picture of WB as a very very bad villain which was responsible for all their miseries and Naidu as his puppet
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by Kumar »

Sandeep, to be a popular public figure in india is not very difficult..
Popularity can be confused with ANTI-INCUMBENCY wave. In Tamilnadu, we are very generous, we don't give the same party power every time.. We rotate the strike every five years..

But I guess we are digressing from the topic..
Coming to the Acharya's arrest, do you know oneof the supposedly 'honest' cop involved in the case PREMKUMAR, was also involved in another case involving torture and forced confessions.. You can see how the people were actually arrested on one day, but as per records they show that he was arrested one or two days late.. You can see the details in the website for MADRAS highcourt,
http://www.judis.nic.in/chennaijudis/qr ... p?tfnm=937

No wonder TN police have a video-taped confession of the seer, which they are willing to play for the public. If a Jeer is ready to confess for a crime during interrogation, why should he refuse to acknowledge it in public.. It is very easy to manipulate the video-confession. All it requires is a very good editor.. As per indian law, the video-taped confessions are not valid in the court of law... I am not saying they may not have evidence, but why they have been only talking about the evidence everywhere (read media) except showing it in the court and give defence a chance to rebut the evidence.. They have kept him in jail without bail for so long.. If it had been a politician, he would have been out of jail in 3 days..
PKBasu

Shankaracharya Arrest

Post by PKBasu »

It is absolutely outrageous that the Shankaracharya has been in jail for more than a month on charges that appear to be trumped-up, with evidence that is flimsy or non-existent, and on the spurious argument that he was about to flee to Nepal.
I'm pretty speechless with outrage. How can the police do this to a highly respected religious figure? And get away with it?