Indian domestic cricket/ players

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Indian domestic cricket/players

Post by Sandeep »

This is crazy!! Arjun Yadav should be banned. May be it was difficult for him to see Rayudu leave Hyderabad and almost take Andhra to victory steps against his old team!

Well Arjun Yadav was always given preference in Hyd team, sending him one down and all when Rayudu was their best batsman in last season.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

According to Hindu: -
The talented Hyderabad batsman, who opted to play for Andhra this season was guiding Andhra towards an impossible win in a determined manner.

When Rayudu's knock came to end, Hyderabad skipper Arjun Yadav made mockery of Rayudu by uttering unruly words and made unsportsman-like gestures.

As Rayudu was trying to defend him, Yadav, rushed to the stumps and uprooted a wicket to hit him. The timely intervention by the umpires K. S. Giridharan and Sudhir Asnani pacified the players.
And here are some quotes from Deccan Chronicle: -
“It was a healthy spat. I got enraged after Rayudu abused my father,’’ Arjun told this correspondent over telephone after the match. Sources said Yadav and Rayudu, an India team hopeful, had their differences from the days when Rayudu played for Hyderabad.
And the worst part is: -
The players were called back immediately, but officials cited poor visibility and declared a draw. Towards the night, the players were forced to shake hands. Sources said there would be no action against either player. Arjun is HCA secretary Shivlal Yadav’s son. Rayudu had moved to Andhra earlier this year because, he said, of pesonal reasons.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

Prediction:

Vidyut Sivaramakrishnan will soon be in the Indian ODI team. Exciting left hand bat and good left arm spinner
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

No way harshfan. I don't think Vidyut is even in the zone of reckoning. I don't think anyone is watching his pefrormance unless he comes up with some extraordinary scores and turns the attention towards him.

Right now, I would say the focus is on Uthappa, Shikhar Dhawan, A.T.Rayudu and Suresh Raina.

Vidyut is a decent player but I don't see him getting selected into Indian team in near future.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Harshfan, unfortunately i have to agree with sandeep on Vidyut.. He has been given ample opportunities, but hasn't made a lot of progress...

Something is wrong with cricket in TN.. At one time, there used to be so many exciting prospects... Now there doesn't even seem to be even one.. And i don't think Indian under 19 team has any..
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Vidyut is a good player, no doubt. But first he should come up with some good performances so that people start following his progress and then every run he makes count towards the selection process. First he needs to prove he is a good player.

Incase of Rayudu, Dhawan, Uthappa and all, they are already termed as good players. Now all selectors do is validate the claim looking at their scores. A 100 from the 3 I mentioned is much more valuable (in terms of selection process) than a 100 from Vidyut.

And in TN apart from Dinesh Karthik I don't see any one playinig for India in near future.
genius

Post by genius »

Only if they give me the post of selector, i will ensure all 11 players are from TN!
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Only if they give me the post of selector, i will ensure all 11 players are from TN!
Well good that you are not even in the radar of getting that duty!!
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Sarandeep Singh dropped from Delhi squad. A doubt here, if a Ranji player is dropped how will he get back into the team? At which level (Zonals?) shold be perform to be back?
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Depends on how good of a league system they have... In TN, there is a very good first division, which serves as a good test.. Some such system may be present in punjab too..
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Punjab? Sarandeep Singh plays for Delhi.

Anyways, thanks for the reply.
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

Delhi has a good league system. Sonnet Club, for instance, used to have a terrific team when I was in college in Delhi. Sometimes there was fiercer competition to get into Sonnet's side than to get into the Delhi side. (Those were the days when the Mehra domination of the DDCA was under threat, so many players from the Mehra camp -- including my college captain Vijay Mehra -- were never able to make the Delhi side, so they chose to dominate league cricket instead! Vijay incidentally was vice captain of the UAE side at the 1996 World Cup!).
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Yeah Sonnet is damn good club. Most of the Delhi Ranji players are from that club I guess.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Sad to see Rayudu get into a controversy. A good career seems to be in jeopardy now. Shivlal Yadav is making all kind of irresponsible statements. In one of the news channels (telugu), he was like "Rayudu should be given a sword and not bat to play cricket" !!! and things like "This is not first time Raydu is involved in a fight" and all is seriously affecting Rayudu's reputation and career. Hyderabad voted for Pawar faction and Shivlal Yadav has a big say in board matters. Hopefully he will not spoil an upcoming talent with his dirty politics. And the way he is defending his son is atrocious.

Shivlal Yadav - Secretary of HCA
Rajesh Yadav - coach of Hyderabad (brother of shivlal Yadav)
Arjun Yadav - captain of Hyderabad (Shivlal Yadav's son)

That should sum up the story. Hyderabad lost two talented players in Rayudu and Suman to Andhra, if this continues it is bound to loose many more. Sad state :( of affairs!!!!!
gbelday
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by gbelday »

I agree Sandeep. It's all murky!!
The Yadavs are known for their reputation. Their old house was about 2 houses down from our house in Secunderabad. I remember the time when we were invited to his wedding :) There was no place for Rayudu in the Hyderabad cricket team as long as the Yadavs are in command. Rayudu is too talented of a player to be treated like this. It's a sad state of affairs. Looks like after Jaisimha's death, there is no stopping Shivlal :(