Indian domestic cricket/ players

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Indian domestic cricket/ players

Post by arjun2761 »

Agree fully. The viewpoint that is relevant isn't that it is normal practice for abusers but rather what effect it has on those that are being abused (who are often in minority).
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Even if everyone is abused, and a lot of folks don't complain, we should not accept it if some people don't want to take it. Everyone should have some level of basic comfort in a workplace and not have to put up with abusive language and behavior just because that has been the culture.
Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Abuse should be on hold first investigation should be made on
how Prudhvi Raj KN, made into Andhra Ranji Side. Needs to find out how much political interference took place and who is that unknown victim thrown away for making his place into the team
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Abuse should be on hold in that nobody should be abusing others in the team. All unsavory activities should be investigated. Not one at a time. If there is legitimate reasons for a nepotism charge, that should be investigated too. And both parties punished if they have done something unsavory/illegal/bad.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

prasen9 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:19 pm Indrajith was given India A chances but may be very few and in those few chances he did not do much I can remember. He certainly deserves a full India-A run. I would put him in queue after Rinku Singh.
I saw an article that he was selected for A team, but did not get to play a match. I was under the impression that he played some A matches. As far as i can see, his brother has played A test, but not him at least as of 2018 as per this article. He does appear to be a very good player of spin. My guess is that he may not have passed the eye test (especially against quality pace attack). And TN not making knockout impacts his selection
I was in the India A squad to face the touring Australians in 2016-17 but didn't get to play. I am not part of the India A squad for the New Zealand tour, but I feel I have made an impact and I am getting closer to making it to India A, if I keep performing consistently."
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/out- ... ht-1166809
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Tamilnadu Mumbai ranji match will begin tomorrow. Mumbai has the best pace attack with Mohit, Tushar andShardul. If this pitch supports pace, Mumbai will have an advantage. TN has lot of left handers in line up with Sai, PRP and Washington among top order. Hoping for a sportive pitch aiding both seamers and spinners. Biggest stage for some of TN youngsters to show the mettle. Mumbai will have advantage as game is played in Mumbai. Mumbai shoudl go for track that aids pace bowling as they have strong batting lineup on paper with Iyer, Shaw, Rahane and Munsher and very good batting allrounders.

Other match, Vidharba and MP. Vidharba may be favored, but I think MP has a chance to pull an upset.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Unlike Pujara, Rahane has been total failure in this Ranji season. No one even questioned their omission from the central contracts, especially Pujara who has lit up the domestics. What’s the point of forcing to play domestics but ignoring performances? There was no way to ignore Pujara if domestics is the yardstick. Not that I particularly care about his inclusion or exclusion.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Pujara was carried for the last five years - a few innings excepted. We need a more productive #3, even though Gill is barely, marginally so, he has produced better than what Pujara did wrt scoring runs. Pujara blunted out some balls but your #4 etc. should not depend upon the success of your #3.

Domestic performance is not a sufficient condition. It should be a necessary condition and even then for SkAY, Padikkal, etc., sustained domestic success is not necessary.

As a policy, not recalling senior players who maybe have 1-2 years at best left in them when there are four 35 or over players in the team already is a good policy. Irrespective of his performance, we should not go back. Patidar, Sarfaraz need to be given a longer run. Then, we need to try the Rinku, PRP, Indrajits of the world to see if they can cut it. No point going back to Pujara, especially since they decided to give Gill and Rahul, the two failures more and more chances. So, if you have Gill, Kohli, Rahul, who among these do you want dropped and Pujara played? Or do you want Sarfaraz not backing up the injured Rahul? If they are all fit, then we have Gill, Kohli, Rahul, Sarfaraz, Jurel (if we go with Rahul or return to Pant as the keeper). I'd rather see the young guys given chances. Now, if you decide to drop Kohli and ask him to go back to the domestics and Pujara takes that slot, then it may be fine but I still think Kohli is in better form than Pujara and is a better bat anyway.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

If you go by just this year's Ranjis, then you'd have to give a chance to Padikkal, and Jagadeesan, two players who have the highest average among those who scored at least 500 runs (to at least keep our those who played one fluke innings and never got a chance again, etc.). Padikkal may get his chance but Jaga is not in the scheme of things, which may be the right decision.

If you are saying that someone who is a ex-test great and shows form in Ranjis, then they should be back, there may be some logic to that. But, I think this is for people who are in the middle of their career. Even if ChePu is back, his skills will continue to deteroriate and maybe in 2-3 years he will be gone. We'd rather invest in the next gen than bring him back for 2-3 years max especially since two batting positions out of 5 are taken by 35+ people (or near it) as are the two all-rounder positions.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Prasen, has someone hacked your account? You seem to have had a change of heart on many issues you were steadfast about earlier. I’m noticing it more and more. :D
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Kumar wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:56 pm Tamilnadu Mumbai ranji match will begin tomorrow. Mumbai has the best pace attack with Mohit, Tushar andShardul. If this pitch supports pace, Mumbai will have an advantage. TN has lot of left handers in line up with Sai, PRP and Washington among top order. Hoping for a sportive pitch aiding both seamers and spinners. Biggest stage for some of TN youngsters to show the mettle. Mumbai will have advantage as game is played in Mumbai. Mumbai shoudl go for track that aids pace bowling as they have strong batting lineup on paper with Iyer, Shaw, Rahane and Munsher and very good batting allrounders.

Other match, Vidharba and MP. Vidharba may be favored, but I think MP has a chance to pull an upset.
Kind of going exactly along the lines I expected. TN are all-out cheaply with none of their big prospects doing well. PRP has failed once again. I am almost off his bandwagon. Hope he works on his deficiencies and come back strong. Sai also failed. Last three matches he failed in the first innings. He recovered well in second innings against english lions. Lets us see if he will get opportunity to do it again.
Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Good to see Kuldeep Sen is back and playing an important game
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Atithee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:56 pm Prasen, has someone hacked your account? You seem to have had a change of heart on many issues you were steadfast about earlier. I’m noticing it more and more. :D
U have to overwhelm with data to change his mind. He has always been in favor of gradually phasing out older gen. So not sure where u feel he has changed his position. I guess, u are probably referring to post where he advocated for state teams to do what is best for them and if they feel that older players give them better chance, so be it. I kind of understand Prasen’s positioning, but will let him explain it in his own words.

My take is that unless older players are way better, u need to start transitioning as well. But if that older player is my favorite player approaching significant milestones, u better not touch him unless he is significantly worse than his replacement player :devil:
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:04 pm Good to see Kuldeep Sen is back and playing an important game
Great opportunity for him. TN pace attack is very ordinary and if he does not succeed in this game, This game will get out of hand pretty quickly
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

How is this Tanush Kotian dude as a potential India player sooner than later? Any chances?