Laughter yoga - the health benefits of laughter

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
RohanGeorge1
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Laughter yoga - the health benefits of laughter

Post by RohanGeorge1 »

You see laughter mostly among the people who are happy. However, you can also see some of the masses laughing when they are tensed, nervous etc. Studies have quoted that laughter can have a positive effect on your body both internally and externally. You have seen the young children laughing on a constant basis, however, you turn your face towards the grown-ups you won’t see most of the laughing on a regular basis or on equal intervals. This is because of the fact that most of current day masses follow a hectic lifestyle where work is the major factor. Under such a circumstance, they feel the pressure and strain experienced from work to such an extent that they forget what laughter is. If you are among one of these individuals, you need to break the shackles by considering the health benefits of laughter. There several health benefits associated with laughter continue reading to learn about some of this.
Laughter is regarded as one of the best exercises; it is said so because of the fact that when you laugh several muscles in your body is worked out like facial muscles, abdomen muscles etc. Moreover, laughter also helps you to suck in more oxygen which allows the body to circulated well oxygenated blood throughout it. Studies have proven that when you laugh for twenty seconds continuously it can literally create the same affect on your body as you use a rowing machine for about three minutes. It is also been proven that laughter can contribute a lot to the improvisation of immune system, especially in women and children.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Laughter yoga - the health benefits of laughter

Post by jayakris »

We almost never allow threads which are to publicize websites etc. This one didn't seem like that, so I approved the thread. Mod, Jay.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Does practicing it online have health benefits too?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
sanjay5goel

Post by sanjay5goel »

That's not laughter yoga. It seems to be more like smiling yoga. I doubt there will be any "real" health benefits from smiling (smiley :) ) yoga.

Hare Krishna
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

prasen9 wrote:Does practicing it online have health benefits too?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
too good!
bhagatghavri

Post by bhagatghavri »

There are lot of benefits of laughter yoga that are:
1. Laughter Yoga is a powerful cardio workout.
2. It reduces blood pressure, reduces symptoms of allergies, asthma.
3. It increases blood circulation
4. Give a positive outlook towards life
5. Help to reduce stress.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

:Offtopic: I did not find a health or public health thread but found this. Would a moderator please change the title of this thread to "health" or something like.

This is a national shame. Delhi, a gas chamber. I have been harping about the environment for a long time. All this Swacch Bharat is good but too little too late. And largely a propaganda. I will take whatever PR than no PR though. The pro-development babus want development first and then they can "clean up" the environment. In doing so, we sacrifice a generation or more. That is not what democracies should be doing.

How long has this government been in power? Six years? Before someone indulges in whatboutism that is rampant these days, yes, the previous governments were utter failures. I do not care. I do not think highly of the Congress either. And, what about the CM of Delhi who was three years my senior in KGP? Colossal failures all.

We need to wake up. Cleaning up cannot wait for tomorrow. Development at all costs is not right when we are sacrificing the lives of little kids, who will have lifelong respiratory diseases to begin with.

No laughing matter this! (There I made it on topic :-)).
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Requesting moderator help to change the title to Health or Public Health just like Prasen requested. There is a thread for public health in india, so we can use this more for general health related discussions.
prasen9 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:31 am Huh? What can you do? Live with a torn ACL? I thought if you tear it you need to get it fixed. Are there people who decline surgery and quit sports ... walk with pain all your life? Why is it courageous to get the surgery?
Both athletes and non-athletes are equally susceptible for long-term meniscal and cartilage injuries if ACL reconstruction is not carried out early.
from Is ACL reconstruction only for athletes?
I did lot of my research when I tore my ACL. I was determined not to get surgery so i was probably looking for justification. Essentially when i was researching, the first thing that i realized was that i had to make a decision whether i needed graft from cadaver(allograft) or graft from different part of the body. I was not really comfortable breaking some other part of your body (hamstring - most preferred, quad and patellar which can all grow back iirc). This is one of the reasons for longer recovery if u choose your own body for graft. Further, when i was researching, the stats were like 80% success rate without issues. Remaining 20% covered everything from longer than expected recovery, another arthroscopic procedures, failure of the graft (happens with allograft), complications from surgery like infections). I read somewhere that even with ACL reconstruction, arthritis risk is very high for such patients. So the surgery is no joke (well got my post to align with topic name)

The ortho i went to basically recommended surgery, but said u can live without ACL uf u are ready to make a lifestyle choice. I had to give up any sports that require side ways movement. So no more cutting. So far I don’t regret my choice. I tore my meniscus in two years and they said they will cut it (easier surgery) rather than repair and i refused it as well. So i am probably looking at TKR sometime in my future and dreading it.