Sandeepti Singh Rao Thread

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Sandeepti Singh Rao Thread

Post by prasen9 »

Huh? What can you do? Live with a torn ACL? I thought if you tear it you need to get it fixed. Are there people who decline surgery and quit sports ... walk with pain all your life? Why is it courageous to get the surgery?
Both athletes and non-athletes are equally susceptible for long-term meniscal and cartilage injuries if ACL reconstruction is not carried out early.
from Is ACL reconstruction only for athletes?
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Absolutely there are cowards like me who prefer to live without ACL rather than get it fixed.

Get surgery or give up my active lifestyle. Would i regret it in 10 years(if i am lucky) when i have bone on bone? May be….
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

:Offtopic: Oh. Did not know. Please get it fixed. I think the risks are much more to not getting it fixed if you can. Of course, listen to your doctor's advice, not mine. I am, of course, armchair critiquing having never had any surgery or hospitalized procedure done on me. I did not refuse any either. I think I will need cataract surgery in some years ... Good luck. Hope you don't get pain later on. Don't know if you want to read the article above or if it is relevant to you, but they seem to argue towards having it fixed. We need the domestic cricket guru of the forum, fit and running for long. :-)
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

:Offtopic: :Offtopic:
Thank you for the kind words. Happened exactly 18 years and 1 day back. so not sure if they will even try to fix it. Waiting :xmas: for stem cell injection that will regrow all my cushion back.
Interesting study.. would u not say that patients who go to clinic a year or 3 after injury are going because they are having problems ? So definitely selection bias in their sample

Having said that, I don’t disagree that probability of meniscus injury shoots up dramatically. Happened to me as well.

If i could time travel, i will still not do surgery, but would have done weight training. May have acoided meniscus injury if i had done that
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Thanks for sharing the context and everything. Yes, there is possibly selection bias in that survey.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Not to triviliaze anyone's choice, but, the surgery is probably more successful these days. At least Tommy John is much more successful these days. Don't know what exact surgery she will need. I think her's is not the Tommy John which is on the throwing elbow/arm.