Indian Women's Hockey

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Indian Women's Hockey

Post by prasen9 »

I don't think Pakistan's cricket ranking is that inflated. They are ranked #4 and were #5 in the tournament. New Zealand is ranked #5. Pakistan beat New Zealand. The problem with Pakistan is that they are not consistent. I don't know much about this Indian women's hockey teams consistency that much. And, maybe they are over-ranked.
Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Saffron Lenin »

@prasen9 I thought Pakistan has no 1 ranking before the World cup...That's why I have example of Pakistan team!!!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Before the world cup, I think they were #2.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Sushila Chanu, Gurjit Kaur make Hockey India's 34-member list for National Camp in Bengaluru

Sushila and Gurjit were notable absentees from India's victorious campaign in the Women's Asian Champions Trophy in Ranchi earlier this month, with the former being rested after suffering a knee injury during the Asian Games 2023.

Mumtaz Khan, Sunelita Toppo, Beauty Dungdung, Navjot Kaur, Mariana Kujur, Reena Khokhar, Ajmina Kujur, Akshata Abaso Dhekale, Jyoti Chhatri, Mahima Chaudhary, Rajani Etimarpu and Bansari Solanki were also added to India's national camp.

The camp will help the players prepare for the 5 Nations Tournament Valencia 2023, which starts on December 15. Apart from India, hosts Spain, Germany Belgium, and Ireland are the other participants for the one-week tournament.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/hockey/news ... -bengaluru
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

5-Nation Tournament in Spain
India will play against Ireland, Germany, Spain and Belgium in the tournament which is scheduled to be held from December 15 to 22 in Valencia. It will serve as the preparatory assignment ahead of the all-important Olympic Qualifiers in Ranchi beginning from January 13.
Punia to lead
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Coach Janneke Schopman resigned from the post of chief coach of Indian womens hockey team. Expected after what happened with olympic qualification.