R Praggnandhaa - U18 world champion, youngest to reach 2600

Basically a froum to cover chess now that we seem to have sufficient interest in the game.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: R Praggnandhaa - U18 world champion, youngest to reach 2600

Post by prasen9 »

No, Giri is doing fine. Just move up two places. In chess, the old guys don't move. Anand is sitting still because he is not playing. So, his ELO does not change. :-) I think Maghsoodloo moved down 9 places by hitting some bad form I think.
Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: R Praggnandhaa - U18 world champion, youngest to reach 2600

Post by Sin Hombre »

prasen9 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:57 am No, Giri is doing fine. Just move up two places. In chess, the old guys don't move. Anand is sitting still because he is not playing. So, his ELO does not change. :-) I think Maghsoodloo moved down 9 places by hitting some bad form I think.
Anand would be out of the rating list if he didn't play for 12 months in classical, so he is playing a tournament every year. He is semi-retired.

Parham is not a permanent top-15 level player. He hit some good form late last year and climbed from 2725 to close to 2750 and is now regressing back to his longer term mean. He is still young and can jump to a higher level but for now, we should consider him as a 2725 level player.

Nepo is a prick and also crumbled badly against Carlsen.