2023 Women's Hockey Junior World Cup, Chile

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: 2023 Women's Hockey Junior World Cup, Chile

Post by Saffron Lenin »

I am not sure if Vaishnavi was there in last junior India team (who made debut in senior team this year) but I was surprised when she was not selected at current junior team world cup!!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

This time second golie Madhuri was trash....She conceded two easy goals in Q2 against Germany when she were 2-0 up!! The other goalie Khushboo khan was impressive and I believe she is one of the few positive for India hockey this time!!!!!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Today, India will play against nz in classification round @ 17:30 IST
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:01 am Today, India will play against nz in classification round @ 17:30 IST
Correction: Match is tomorrow.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

ssp

Post by ssp »

That Germany loss killed us off. I just knew we would lose to them. Even against Canada, we seemed to lack speed in midfield and defence. A draw would have been enough to reach the QF.

NZ were poor in the pool stages and yet, we needed PS to beat them. Doesn't auger well for the future if these players are going to get into the senior team.

HI need to seriously look at quality coaches for all national teams. Both men's & women's U21s have Indian coaches. This is fine but neither has really achieved much at international level. Harendra would be my choice for at least one of the U21 teams. And paid what gora coaches are being paid
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

HI need to seriously look at quality coaches for all national teams. Both men's & women's U21s have Indian coaches. This is fine but neither has really achieved much at international level. Harendra would be my choice for at least one of the U21 teams. And paid what gora coaches are being paid
This coach Tushar Khandker was puely stupid!!! Just Yelling at the girls and scolding them in high voice- it must be confidence breaking!! I saw when korean girls scoring they were celebrating, similarly the belgium girls....He is just not them letting them express themself......JUST TRASH .... I don't know about junior men coach- may be he is good!!! But this junior women coach must be fired!!!!!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

The loss against Germany was also coach's fault...we were leading 2-0!! Then in Q2, he changed the golie who was signiicantly lowered skilled than our first golie Khushboo and she concedes 2 goals in 2nd quarter!! The 2nd goal she conceded was very poor goalkeeping!!!!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

After watching today's match, I realise its not our team played poorly...But reality is that this batch is not that strong!! They were not as quick as they should!! Last time, we had Salima Tete who was like express train in midfield...but this time the players were too slow and too error prone!!! Totally deserved not to play QF!!!
ssp

Post by ssp »

Agree Mr Lenin. Tushar is pathetic. Don't know why he was chosen. We have a couple of promising players, but the rest seem slow and error prone.

Men's coach is CR Kumar, who seems to have been around for decades, without really being given the main coach's position. I can see why now ;)
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

We beat Korea. Classification Match and now will play for the 9th position.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

We beat USA 3-2 in penalty shootout to finish 9th in womens junior world cup. So, at least after our group stage losses against Belgium and Germany, we won all classification matches against New Zeland, Korea and USA although we needed penalty shoot outs to beat both NZ and USA which is not good.