Vaishali Rameshbabu thread

Basically a froum to cover chess now that we seem to have sufficient interest in the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Vaishali Rameshbabu thread

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Vaishali draws last round to win FIDE Women Grand Prix 2023

R. Vaishali drew her last-round game against Mongolia’s Batkhuyag Munguntuul to win FIDE Women’s Grand Swiss 2023 with 8.5 points, happening at the Isle of Man (UK) on Sunday night.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/chess/r- ... 3.ece/amp/
Saffron Lenin

Re: Vaishali Rameshbabu thread

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

"I have just started to think about Candidates" - FIDE Grand Swiss winner Vaishali aims for Candidates

R. Vaishali is on the brink of achieving the coveted 2500 Elo rating, a significant step towards earning the title of women's Grandmaster. Despite being only three points away, the youngster is not in a hurry to reach her goal, since she has chosen to skip classical competitions this year.

“I returned to Chennai only on Thursday. I have just started to think about Candidates. I am discussing [this] with my coach, R. B. Ramesh sir and Viswanathan Anand sir. Soon, we will formulate a plan,” Vaishali was quoted as saying by Sportstar after her college, MOP Vaishnav, honored her with a cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/chess/news- ... candidates
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Can we stop posting stupid and incorrect articles without any work?
Vaishali is on the brink of achieving the coveted 2500 Elo rating, a significant step towards earning the title of women's Grandmaster.
Vaishali already is a women's grandmaster (WGM), she is an IM which is a title above WGM. 2500 ELO will get her the GM title.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Vaishali already is a women's grandmaster (WGM), she is an IM which is a title above WGM. 2500 ELO will get her the GM title.
I was not aware of that WGM and GM are different titles!!! Blame lies on the journalist!!
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

True. But, we need to either be careful and choose news articles from trusted sources or check the sources. Just blaming the journalist is not enough. Just because there is some sensationalist article on the web tuned to get some eyeballs, does not mean we should quote them and publicize them. If it is factual news, i.e., some reporting of an event/match, that may be okay. But, puff pieces about whatever in order to sensationalize, we need to avoid. That is basic digital literacy.

I'm sure I can find some flat earth articles and then say blame the journalist. While none of us are perfect and make mistakes, let us try to vet the quality of articles and information before forwarding them.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

I'm sure I can find some flat earth articles and then say blame the journalist. While none of us are perfect and make mistakes, let us try to vet the quality of articles and information before forwarding them.
Its not the random website (which public flat earth theories) but very reputed news portal "Sports Keeda"!!!
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Talking of low effort posting, I hadn't even realized that the thread title has her name misspelled. Can a kind mod fix Vaishali's name.

Vaishali also has now crossed 2500 in the live ratings so she will get her GM title. Congrats to Vaishali and she becomes the 3rd Indian female to become a GM. Hopefully she becomes the first female WC for us.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Talking of low effort posting,
Bhai maaf kar do, tum to peeche hee pad gye :damn: :damn:
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Vaishali Achieves GM Title

GM-elect Vaishali Rameshbabu crossed 2500 FIDE to earn the grandmaster title at the IV El Llobregat Open in Spain on Friday.

https://www.chess.com/news/view/vaishal ... s-gm-title