Poll - Interest level in Golf

This is the forum for general golf info and queries and comments.

Moderator: Moderators

How would you classify your interest in golf? (Select the option that applies best to you)

Poll ended at Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:21 am

I am currently an avid golf player and play 18 holes of golf (1 full round) at least 5 times a year
8%
I currently play 18 holes (1 full round) of golf 1-4 times a year
8%
I have played 18 holes (1 full round) of golf at least once in the past or I used to play 18 holes regularly in the past, but now I only follow the sport on TV and/or other media/forums
17%
I have either never played golf or have only dabbled in it occasionally, but I follow the sport on TV and/or other media/forums
67%

Total votes: 12

Vee
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Poll - Interest level in Golf

Post by Vee »

Hi Sports-India Community members,

I am trying to find out how many of the members are interested in the game of golf and your interest level.

Please take this poll as it will help us give an idea on how we should go forward with the Golf Section on this BB.

I have deliberately not put an option for those who are not interested in golf as the focus is on those who are interested in the sport.

Thank you for your participation in the poll!
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Re: Poll - Interest level in Golf

Post by Kumar »

Well there
Is probably different sub level of your last choice. Some could be I follow Golf only if Indian names are involved . Spectacular success of Vijay Singh (of Indian origin) fueled my interest which is probably still jingoistic
Vee
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Poll - Interest level in Golf

Post by Vee »

Kumar wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:11 pm Well there
Is probably different sub level of your last choice. Some could be I follow Golf only if Indian names are involved . Spectacular success of Vijay Singh (of Indian origin) fueled my interest which is probably still jingoistic
Agreed. I wanted to limit the number of options to make it easy, and so I created a "catch all" option for those who are currently interested in golf but have had little or no chance to play the game. I think most people in this BB who have played little or no golf would only be interested in golf if an Indian player is involved.

I am like you - Vijay Singh was instrumental in fueling my interest in golf as well! In your case it sounds like you are still interested in the game if Indians are playing - and there are a LOT of Indians playing in a lot of men's and women's tournaments these days (by "Indian", I'm including players who don't play under the India banner but have Indian ancestry, such as Vijay Singh himself (he is from Fiji), Sahith Theegala, Aaron Rai, Akshay Bhatia, etc.)

Hope there are more people in this Community who are interested in the sport whether they play the game or not. Looking forward to the poll response of all who are interested in the sport.