Misc. results of Indian motor sports

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

adhiraj

Advertsiements on rally car

Post by adhiraj »

Hi Guys,

As you might know, I have been racing for the past three years but unfortunately my home circuit closed down, so had to cut down on racing but have shifted my need for speed to rallies. So again I need your help & inputs, regarding this. I have just started a rally team comprising of myself & my navigator, who is going to make his debut in the coming rally in May but he knows the nitty-gritty as he himself is an automotive engineer. But for this season we have restrited ourselves only to TSDs & not INRC. We have been able to meet up most of the costs for the whole season but we are still having a deficit of around 40 grand. Now we have decided to give PART advertisements on the car body, coz sponsorship always turns out a big issue whose end result is nothing but a big zero. We are looking for different firms who are willing to give ads in order to get a wide spread coverage, by spending a trifle amount. Our part value ranges from 1k to 12k.We have already got a very reputed lubricant firm & an oil company supporting us. We are also speaking with a local news channel but to be very honest, it’s at its very nascent stage, so cant really comment on that.  If any of your known firms are interested, they can mail me or call me in the given details. Thanks again

Regards
Adhiraj Bardhan
raceradhiraj@gmail.com
+9194333-04411
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Misc. results of Indian motor sports

Post by Sandeep »

I didn't know where to post this news and hence decided to start a new thread. I am not a big Indian motor sports fan but this news certainly caught my attention. I have been to Manali recently on vacation and having traveled by road, I can surely tell you that the terrain and road leading to Rohtang pass is one of the most dangerous routes I have ever been and with snow covering it, the journey for these bikers and drivers would be extremely challenging. 

This championship is called Raid de Himalaya and form the news it seems as if they have several categories, one starting from Shimla, the other from Manali etc. Seems very interesting for me!
Last edited by Sandeep on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Misc. results of Indian motor sports

Post by Sandeep »

The race was canceled due to heavy snow!!
Low_Key
Please enter the middle number: 1

2008 MRF Supercross Schedule

Post by Low_Key »

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,
I was wondering if anyone has the schedule for the upcoming 2008 MRF supercross season.
Take care,
AJ
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: 2008 MRF Supercross Schedule

Post by jaydeep »

AJ, please try to contact Shyam Kothari.

Sportstrek, Pune  -  Ph : (020) 2426 4796 / 3583, +91 98901-68000 (Shyam Kothari) email : shyamkothari@hotmail.com, sportstrek@gmail.com

Reason is as u know Sportstrek r organiser for Supercross Championship and last (6th leg) of 2007 MRF National Supercross Championship at Banglore on 8th and 9th December, 2007.
Low_Key

Post by Low_Key »

Thanks Jaydeep,
I'll be in Mumbai for most March and wanted to see some more thrills then typically meets the eye.
Cheers,
AJ
Low_Key

Cooke Wins Final Round of Bangalore National Supercross

Post by Low_Key »

Hi there, My friend Mitch Cooke won the race and I would like to see some pictures of the action.

Does anyone know of any pictures from this event?

Thanks in advance,
Aj
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Nice round up about India's 2007 Motor sports in this IANS article.

Notable performers were, Chandhok scoring a notable win at Spa, Karthikeyan scored his maiden win in the championship at Zhuhai, Armaan finishing second in the Formula Renault Asia V6 championship (where he missed the title by a whisker as his non-finish in the opening round in Malaysia hurt him in the end.) on 2 wheelers Dilip Rogger had moderate success on the Asian GP circuit and finished 12th overall in the championship on a Honda CBR600 (he won the "Best Privateer" award ), Preetham Dev Moses fared well in the Malaysian Super Bike series (Open class) by finishing overall second riding a Yamaha R6 and icing on the cake was, Vijay Mallya taking over the back-of-the-grid Spyker Formula One team as a co-owner and renaming it as Force India.

Indian motorsport is moving in fits and starts
Low_Key

Re: Cooke Wins Final Round of Bangalore National Supercross

Post by Low_Key »

Just keeping it real, any have any images of Mr. Cooke's domination of this race?
Thanks AJ
Low_Key

Post by Low_Key »

I emailed Mr. Kothari back in November but did not get any responce. Would anyone have the schedule for 2008???
Thanks AJ
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Still no official schedule for Supercross event ... U can check updated schedule on The Federation of Motor Sports clubs of India (FMSCI) site.

FMSCI 2008 Calendar of Events
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Shailesh Bolisetty finished second on the podium at the British GT race yesterday. Phenomenal result :notworthy: . He is racing for team Lotus and what a great two days he had at Oulton park. I am very excited to see him race in Nurburgring, Germany on the 17th of May.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

MotoGP 2023 to take place in India in September

The racing calendar for 2023 MotoGP has released. This year there will be 22 rounds in 18 countries, and the first race will take place in Portugal at Autodromo International Do Algarve circuit on March 24. The much-awaited Grand Prix of Bharat at the Buddh International Circuit will take place in September.

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/motog ... e-96674092
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

The debut MotoGP race in India has been scheduled between September 22-24, 2023, subject to homologation and regulatory approvals, at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida.
The 'Grand Prix of Bharat' will be the 14th race of the 21-race season & will debut alongside Kazakhstan GP next year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.team-b ... sept%3famp
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

India is all set to witness its 14th round of the 2023 MotoGP World Championship on September 24, this year.

The world-class racing event Bharat Grand Prix will take place at greater Noida’s Buddh International Circuit. Interested enthusiasts or fans can now pre-register for tickets for the world-class motorsport event at Bookmyshow.com.

Prix in partnership with the Bookmyshow. com will release the sales for tickets soon. However, It has been reported that the price range for the event will start from Rs 800, and go up to 1 lakh, depending upon the seating.

While confirming the news, Bookmyshow.com tweeted that time to rev up those engines because, for the first time, the biggest global race is making its way to India along with the best superbikes and the fastest riders.

https://www.news18.com/auto/motogp-bhar ... 95817.html