Trouble logging in

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Trouble logging in

Post by prasen9 »

Thanks, Sameer.
sunnydelight
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sunnydelight »

I'm facing the same problem as well with my usual username <sunnyd>. I too created a new account to post now.
ssp

Post by ssp »

Didn't know where to post this, but I'm being asked to log in at every visit to this site, despite clicking on the Remember Me box. Anyone else experiencing this issue? More importantly, how do I fix this?
Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Omkara »

ssp wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:19 am Didn't know where to post this, but I'm being asked to log in at every visit to this site, despite clicking on the Remember Me box. Anyone else experiencing this issue? More importantly, how do I fix this?
Yes. Maybe the moderators can help
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I had this issue some time ago. I tried everything, but it didn’t work. Then, it went away on its own, or what worked was that I created a new password, and then reverted to my old one again. I just don’t remember.

I recommend logging out from all devices once and re-logging in with your preferred device.

It drove me nuts. I posted here too. Let me see if I can find my posts and see what I did, if anything, to resolve the issue. I was starting to believe in conspiracy theories against me seriously.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

@ssp—Ok, found it. Please read below. Similar solution was suggested when others were having this problem. Just read the posts in this thread. It’s not a long thread. But, my problem was more recent, so I’m not sure this is the exact solution. This one is more about not being able to login at all. Worth a try though.
Atithee wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:54 pm For what it is worth to others in the same situation, after years of being in the forum, I too faced the same situation when I cleared the cookies from the cache on my computer. All efforts to restore my account were fruitless therefater.

I then tried a password reset. The system sent a mail to the email account linked with my profile. With that, I was able to login again with the temporary password. I was then able to reset the password to something of my linking.

Of course, if you do not have access to your linked email account any more (as is the case with Rajiv), then I don't know what to suggest. However, this is a bug and should be fixed. Otherwise, the only way is to create a new user ID which I am sure that no one prefers.
This is another related thread where Dhruv responded.

viewtopic.php?t=219364
ssp

Post by ssp »

Thank you Atithee.

Password reset didn't work, but clearing browsing data and cookies off Chrome did! :clap: