MH - 2219
TN - 1280
MZ - 1224
WB - 771
OR - 615
AP - 517
KA - 357

Total - 18062

I expect that we will have around 19-19.5K cases today. Last Wednesday, we had 22605 cases. So the seven day average will drop around 400 today.

Comment:
Today I did not access covid19india.org for any numbers. That way I might be able to continue Big States updates after October 31.
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Coronavirus SARS-Cov2 (COVID-19)

Post by suresh »

jayakris wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:55 pm Vaccinations are literally grinding to a halt. It is only at 3.5M as of 8:30 pm, so we may not even hit 4M jabs today. Just about 21M done in 4 days this week. We may not hit 40M this week. This won't do. I guess we are done with everybody who is going to come and get vaccinated. What do we do with the remaining 25-30% of eligible adults??
Ouch, this is bad. I was okay as long as it was around 5-6 million per day.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

suresh wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:57 pm Comment:[/b] Today I did not access covid19india.org for any numbers. That way I might be able to continue Big States updates after October 31.
I was also checking if I had the sources for all the states/territories on the few days this week when I did real-time updates. Looks like I have sources for official bulletin info, for the most part. The only exceptions are Lakshadweep and DadNagHavDamDiu (not sure where Covid19 finds their bulletins these days). Sikkim has the fast-talking official on youtube as a last-resort. Punjab does not have a regular official outlet, and is one problem state for me (for getting the test count). J&K, Chandigarh, etc have some press guys who regularly tweet out the bulletins. UP is hit or miss but a search on अमित मोहन प्रसाद (their health minister) usually gets me the numbers somewhere on twitter. The rest is all in place. I have been able to complete the count these days without Covid19india. Anyway, in the worst case, the ministry update is there by 10 am next day. No big problem.

Hopefully we will only have under 10K cases and nobody will bother after Oct 31st anyway... So far it looks like Covid19india picked the time quite well for a shut down.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

We had +19.2K today, from about 1374K tests at 1.40% positivity... 246 deaths... The seven-day average dropped by -488 to 18,099.

Update: Vaccinatrins were only 3.84M by the end of the day. But we did more second doses (2.06M) today than first doses (1.78M)

------------
ICMR Update: 587,664,525 total tests... Wednesday tests: 1,301,083... Lab count: 2998
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Vaccine so for this week(Saturday thru Friday) 26 million and we maybe hard pressed to cross 30million with Düssehra holidays coming up.

Jay, do you know the breakdown of doses remaining with states by individual states? Would be curious to see who is slacking off or if it is countrywide trend.

States like UP, Bihar, Jharkand may need to really up their game. I am assuming that adult population percentage may be same across states which may not be true.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

An update on my earlier request about RT-qPCR Covid test result acceptability to travel to India. I uploaded my report from Curative on United Airlines’ website as pre boarding requirement, and it was accepted. Proof is in the pudding though. Will know on Friday. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

P.S. One item of note is that even though the test is called RT-qPCR in the Curative report, it says under method of testing that it is a RT-PCR test with no reference to the ‘q’ part. That should help.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^^ Then I am sure you will be just fine. I suspect that a lot of people have taken that test and traveled, not even even knowing that it was any different than a regular RT-PCR test!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Kumar wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:59 pmJay, do you know the breakdown of doses remaining with states by individual states? Would be curious to see who is slacking off or if it is countrywide trend.
No, the Govt releases gave that info only for a few days at the beginning, and then they stopped. So I have no data. The states started complaining that they were looking bad as the ones wasting vaccines and all that. If there is anything good in what the Center does, the states will stop them from doing it - unless they can say they are doing it!
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

jayakris wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:17 am ^^^ Then I am sure you will be just fine. I suspect that a lot of people have taken that test and traveled, not even even knowing that it was any different than a regular RT-PCR test!
Not quite. I called United airlines and they said the q variety is unacceptable. Everyone has their own interpretation of this requirement. US Government is a bit more specific. And, they want three days regardless of flight time, while India wants 72h before the flight. It’s all a crazy labyrinth. And some test services are making as much as $500 for a free test in the name of these fuzzy rules.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^^ Man, what a headache! I hope you run into no trouble at the airport(s).
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Kerala had +9246 today, from 88,733 tests at 10.42%... That is 3042 less than on last Thursday, and the TPR is 1.95% less. Kerala will contribute a big -434 to the drop of India's seven-day average today. Things keep getting better.
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

Big States 14/10/2021 Thursday

KL - 9246
TN - 1259
MZ - 1028
AP - 540
OR - 521
KA - 310

Total - 12904 (MH + WB to come)

We will have around 17-18K cases today. We had 21474 cases last Thurday. So the seven day average will fall by around 500-600 today.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Atithee wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:47 am
jayakris wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:17 am ^^^ Then I am sure you will be just fine. I suspect that a lot of people have taken that test and traveled, not even even knowing that it was any different than a regular RT-PCR test!
Not quite. I called United airlines and they said the q variety is unacceptable. Everyone has their own interpretation of this requirement. US Government is a bit more specific. And, they want three days regardless of flight time, while India wants 72h before the flight. It’s all a crazy labyrinth. And some test services are making as much as $500 for a free test in the name of these fuzzy rules.
I am surprised that curative test is causing issues.Did United call you after u uploaded the results? Or you were cross checking with them. In Houston, it is $100 more for 1 hour results and $50 for. 5 hour results. In fact they reduced their price for expedited processing. There should be lot of places u can get results within 24 hours. The case numbers are not very high for price gouging to happen. Have a safe flight.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

suresh wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:10 pmWe will have around 17-18K cases today. We had 21474 cases last Thurday. So the seven day average will fall by around 500-600 today.
Even better than we expected today... +16,988 from about 1322K tests at 1.29%... The deaths were also down, at 204 (but then Haryana added 174 old cases to the cumulative total)... The seven-day average fell by a big -641 to 17,458... Man, this is dropping pretty fast.

One place I am getting a little concerned with, is Bengal. The positivity today was 2.9% there, with the tests low (clearly due to navaratri). Bengalis like their get-togethers and rasagollas, I am told, so we need to keep an eye. I also see some small numbers increasing, like an extra 5 to 25 here and there, in other places with low number of cases too... Like in Gujarat, HP, Uttarakhand, and maybe even Punjab. It could be small clusters forming in schools and all that... That is my guess. Nothing looks ominous though, and India continues to show less and less for the sum total every day, even outside Kerala.

-------------
ICMR Update: 588,844,673 total tests... Thursday tests: 1,180,148... Lab count: 2998
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

But the vaccination rate is becoming more and more pathetic. I think it was only around 3M today.

The Govt release says it was 88.9M doses sitting unused with the states today. What in the world are we doing???

Heck, send the doses to Africa, if we are not going to jab anybody with it. Or even Pakistan. It is criminal to be sitting on that stockpile of doses and to not use it. Health minister Mandavia said that we will have 280M vaccines produced this month. Looks like we will barely use even 160M out of it, at this rate. There are many countries that have people crying out for vaccines. Use our stock, or export it, damnit!