India in Australia, 2020-21

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Kumar
Authors
Authors

Re: India in Australia, 2020-21

Post by Kumar »

Sin Hombre wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:57 am
indiansportsfan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:54 am The plan against Indian tail is pretty simple. We need to work on it, that I think is the major reason why we are not #1.
We will be back to #1 in a year after a couple of home series.

We had 5 series in SENA in a row.

That said, as I have said before, Australia has been deliberately targeting all of our bowlers' bodies all series. And given the success they had had in injuring them, other teams may follow suit.
That was a downfall for them! They never tried to make Indian batsman play and miss! They invariably used their full quota of bouncers every over!at the very end, The batsman were getting beaten! But that line was missing most of this match

I think we need to give kudos for excellent defensive effort! Pitch stayed true, but we have seen India fall by the wayside lot of times!

Three injured players in one match and we draw this match! What an effort
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Yes, excellent fight today. Morale of the team would be quite high now. I hope they can now pull off a win at Brisbane. Spate of injuries are a trouble though.
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

Terrific effort today, and Ashwin deserves huge credit for holding the line with some superb batting. Vihari was very edgy all the way, but showed grit. Nonetheless, I hope this is his last test.

Anyway, it seems neither Jadeja nor Vihari will be able to play at Brisbane. So we will have a depleted team. I would open with Gill and Mayank, with Rohit slotted in at #3. So the side would be Gill, Mayank, Pujara, Rahane, Rohit, Pant, Ashwin, Kuldeep, Bumrah, Siraj, Saini. It may be worthwhile considering Thakur (I hold my noise while saying that), because he can bat a bit (first class batting average of 16) -- unlike the current trio of pacers (all with first class averages below 10, the best being Bumrah with 9.68). He would then replace Saini.
Tolamu

Post by Tolamu »

Tolamu wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:33 am My pessimistic prediction:
Whatever the target is India will be all out below 100/150.
Sorry for my prediction . But that's what my gut feeiling says.
I'm really happy that my prediction got hit for a six.
Now, I'm having an optimistic view of the Indiam team.👍
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

Sin Hombre wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:14 am And Paine dropped three catches and the Aussie substitute fielder dropped one as well.

Paine returned the favour today. By a strange coincidence 2 catches were those of Pant who also dropped 2 catches in this match and one was of Vihari who dropped 1 catch in this match.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Ashwin sledged by Tim Paine

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/au ... 6a9c4401db

Ashwin showed tremendous grit today! After being subjected to body line barrage with new ball, he persevered! The biggest challenge today was that they could not rotate strike

I was impressed with Vihari’s patience, but our team cannot support two Pujara lime players
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Tolamu wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:49 am
Tolamu wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:33 am My pessimistic prediction:
Whatever the target is India will be all out below 100/150.
Sorry for my prediction . But that's what my gut feeiling says.
I'm really happy that my prediction got hit for a six.
Now, I'm having an optimistic view of the Indiam team.👍
My prediction wasn't correct as well. I thought that one of Rahane or Pujara would have to bat the whole day for us to draw. Pujara did OK but it was really Pant and then Ashwin and Vihari that salvaged an unlikely draw. Kudos to their grit!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Actually, for the draw the contribution of Vihari was greater than Pant's. Pujara 205 balls, Vihari 161* balls, Ashwin 128* balls, Pant 118 balls. That Pujara could eat up balls was given. Kudos to Pant for making us believe and for taking the battle to the opposition. But, the true heroes were also Vihari and Ashwin, both injured. Most important, Vihari and Ashwin were unbeaten.
Last edited by prasen9 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssp

Post by ssp »

Totally unexpected outcome. I was expecting a big loss. Vihari & Ashwin were the last hope as the tail were unlikely to last more than 5-10 overs. Thankfully, they held out. For the final test, our tail will be even weaker if Kuldeep replaces Jadeja. Just hope we win the toss, it's a decent batting pitch and we can show this kind of determination again.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Kuldeep should not replace Jadeja. It is important to find out how good or bad Ashwin's stiff back is. He could not sit down or tie his laces. That and the pitch, explains his poor performance with the ball notwithstanding the drop by Pant. It seems he opened fine and then tailed off with the ball. May have been the bad back on the old guy. What was the most important was Vihari and Ashwin's "I will not be out" thinking come what may. Brave innings amidst injuries. Three days to go to Brisbane. I hope we have fit players.

For now, my change would be Mayank for Jadeja and it may make sense to play him in the MO given his technical glitches.

So far, Gill, Pant, and Jadeja have been superb with the bat. Kohli, Rahane, and Rohit has been good. Except Sydney second innings, Pujara has gotten starts and has been okay but needs to improve. The rest have failed (again excepting Sydney 2) and need to come to the party in Brisbane given that Kohli and most likely Jadeja are out.

If both Vihari and Jadeja cannot go, then we should not get Thakur as things are being made out to be. Brisbane is a bowling wicket. We need batsmen.

Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Rahane, Pant, Mayank, Prithvi, Ashwin/Kuldeep, pacers.

Ashwin/Kuldeep based on Ashwin's bad back. If it is fine, he walks in. The three pacers are the ones who went in Sydney. An alternative would be to bring in Saha for Prithvi which will be a necessity if Pant cannot keep because of his injury. Let us see.

And, we should acknowledge the opening stand. Rohit 98 balls and Shubman 64 balls.

Australia should bring in Jhye Richardson for Brisbane. Thanks for not doing so.
Last edited by prasen9 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

Here is a video where Parthiv Patel is explaining why Rishabh Pant is dropping catches :-)

A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

As per a report, Will Pucovski has been sent for scans on his right shoulder following a heavy landing when he dived in the field on the final day at the SCG ... He wasn't on the field for the last 45 overs ... Warner was also looking little tight while running, but he fielded in both innings ... Australian seamers and Lyon are lifting a lot of workloads as these 4 played all 3 tests.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I do not know why they have this Sean Abbott guy and not Jhye Richardson. Is Pattinson fit again?

So our players who are fit and a certainty are: Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Rahane, ..., Saini, Shiraj, Bumrah.

We have four gaps especially at the middle order. Let us see.

Certainty and most possibly will be fit: Pant

Certainty if fit: Ashwin

Certainty but will not be fit: Jadeja

Still three more places.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

prasen9 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:33 pm I do not know why they have this Sean Abbott guy and not Jhye Richardson. Is Pattinson fit again?
Jhye Richardson has started pro-cricket in December 2020 after his 2nd shoulder surgery in May ... Maybe Pattinson will be fit as nowhere get information about the severity of his injury.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Smith will never change and always remain like this ... :tomato:

'Childish' Steve Smith under fire for alleged Rishabh Pant batting mark ruse