India in New Zealand ODIs, 2019

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

India in New Zealand ODIs, 2019

Post by prasen9 »

I hope we can get Gill, Kedar, Rayudu, Karthik are all given five games in New Zealand. That way we have enough data about their capabilities against the moving ball. Put in Shankar too.

Dhawan, Rohit, Gill, Rayudu, Kedar, Karthik, Shankar, Kuldeep, Chahal, Siraj, Khalil.

There is no use to winning this series. We must get as much data as possible.

If you want drop one of Dhawan and Rohit and put in Jadeja.
prasen9

Re: India in New Zealand ODIs, 2019

Post by prasen9 »

The ODI team should again be old especially given that Pandya, Rahul, and Bumrah were withdrawn. Here are the old and the young:

Old: Dhoni (37), Kedar, Dinesh, Dhawan, Tirupathi (33)
Young: Gill (19), Khalil (21), Kuldeep, Siraj (24), Shankar (27)
srini

Post by srini »

This Karan guy has managed to spill coffee on India’s roadmap to preparing for world cup, he is old enough and mature and could have edited what the impressionable boys spoke and could have mentored them what not to speak on tv shows.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I can’t stand this Karan guy or his show.
suresh

Post by suresh »

srini wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:24 pm This Karan guy has managed to spill coffee on India’s roadmap to preparing for world cup, he is old enough and mature and could have edited what the impressionable boys spoke and could have mentored them what not to speak on tv shows.
No way he'll do that as he will miss out on all the publicity.
RohitG
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by RohitG »

True. It's not his prerogative to "mentor" these two adults who should have known better what to say on National TV. On the contrary the more Masala and controversy, it's better for his show so why would he edit that out.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

srini wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:24 pm This Karan guy has managed to spill coffee on India’s roadmap to preparing for world cup, he is old enough and mature and could have edited what the impressionable boys spoke and could have mentored them what not to speak on tv shows.
Irrespective of his intentions, the net result is that this issue is now out in the open. I am glad that some action is being taken. Rahul is completely replaceable. Wrt Pandya, it is best that we find some alternative to him because anyone can get hurt. Gill, if successful, can replace Rayudu. Rahul would perhaps never be even given the chance to.

On another note, our record in New Zealand is abysmal. 10-21. I am hoping that the -11 can at least be brought down one or three matches.
srini

Post by srini »

I think this New Zealand team is better than current Australian team and we can probably get a sign of how India is going to fare in worldcup in this series. I wish Dhoni gets to play all the matches which apart from giving the match practice he needs, also would even out the extreme wave of luck he has been surfing on during Australia series! 4-5 lifes in one match with extemely low strike rate especially for 6-7 overs until he finds his touch may work out in bilateral series where nothing much is stake but not in the worlds.I go by stats and data and these two links sumup his stats of late.
But i am afraid the over supportive team management will fix it up to have some one else play instead of him in NZL and seal his place for World Cup.
He is in the bottom performers in a sample of similar middle order batsmen compared across all teams

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news ... 02319.html

https://m.hindustantimes./cricket/india ... 2xUUL.html
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Thank you for the data Srini. The second link did not work for me. But, the first link is very interesting. I thought Dhoni was unable to get singles. But, his dot ball % is the same now or about the same. His 4 hitting ability has drastically diminished and his performance in the last 10 overs is bad. As I have been saying, there is no way to play him except at #4. If one of our openers are hurt, send him in as an opener and ask him to hit over the top. I think he can hit over the top but when there are 4 and 5 fielders outside the circle now, he cannot pierce them. Maybe he is a split second slower due to worse reflexes.

Ideally, of course, he can get hurt (I do not wish it on anyone but this is one exception :-)) just mildly so that he is out of the WC but gets well soon after it :-) Let's have Karthik keep and find the best bat to replace Dhoni whoever it is: Pant, Gill, Iyer, etc.
Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sin Hombre »

Rayadu back in the team and fielding terribly as always.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

Poor fielding from Chahal, Kedar(simple catch dropped), Rayadu. Doesn't look like a good fielding unit at the moment. Although chahal picked up 2 good catches on his own ball.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

And now Kuldeep picks agood catch
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

It is fun to watch the two leggies play in tandem. I hope they get to play as first choice players together. And are told that if they do not work hard on their batting and fielding, then Jadeja will play instead of them.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Complete idiocy to take Rayudu back into the XI. He got a life first ball, and was beaten all ends up second ball. (He got a four off that first-ball edge). On 6, he was actually caught behind (the replay showed) but nobody appealed. Now he ends not out, and bolsters his average. Ridiculous!
Prem

Post by Prem »

Rayudu looked very ordinary in the few balls he faced. After being dropped in the last game against Australia, he makes a comeback for NO reason. It was a great time to give Shubman Gill a go for 3 games and see how he fares...would love to see one of Prithvi/Mayank/Shubman get into the WC team instead of Rayudu.