Davis Cup 2018 - India

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Davis Cup 2018 - India

Post by suresh »

Hoping for 1-1 at the end of today. Go RamK and Prajnesh!
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by S_K_S »

Any streams?
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Euros 4.99 for the stream from the ITF
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

S_K_S wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:08 pm Euros 4.99 for the stream from the ITF
Thanks Samarth , just got it done.

This thread looks so dead , hardly feels like DC , none of the regulars seem to be around and that too a World Group
knarayen

Post by knarayen »

Im watching the live stream also. RamK is ahead 3-2 - just held serve.

My expectations are low and watching Laslo Djere play I am encouraged - this guy is definitely beatable if RamK stays focused and fights hard. Hopefully RamK gets energized as the match progresses and tries to close it out in straight sets. It may become problematic if it gets extended to 5 - Djere looks lean and fit - these guys have the Djoker to inspire and emulate!!

I've got a meeting in 20 minutes so I will relay scores/comment until then.

Set 1

2-3 LD serving - RamK breaks! on the 3rd break point. :D
4-2 RamK Serving - hopefully TV pans Florian in the audience? RamK 2nd serve ace to hold at 40-15. :D
2-5 LD serving - I think the slow court helps RamK - just like Chennai!! ha ha. I'm reminded of the slow Jain College clay courts where I have played many a 5-setter and played my first match against Ramesh Krishnan when he was the India Under 14 champion - RamK giving LD lots of junk balls which he is missing for now - LD holds to 3-5 with a simple overhead putaway.
5-3 RamK Serve - Serve/volley seems to be working here for now - RamK holds to 6-3. First set India!! :bounce:

Set 2

Good support for India from the crowd - this is looking good so far. May it continue.
0-0 LD - backhand bashing from LD - holds comfortably
0-1 RamK - I am heading into my meeting - back in 35 minutes....slow Chennai-style courts with a couple of Tamilian South indians - Serbia couldnt have chosen a better venue. May the southie clay court DNA emerge!!!!
I return to find RamK had a poor serving game at 4-5 down. First serve % drops to below 60 and he paid a price. Second set to serbia at 4-6

Set 3.

0-0 LD - holds easily 1-0
0-1 RamK - broken to 0-2. This is not good....the match is trending towards long baseline rallies and LD definitely has an edge in these exchanges. RamK rallies falling short near the service line mostly. LD has learned well from the Djoker - deep strokes hitting 2-3 feet inside the lines - consistent as a rock and RamK is obviously falling behind here. Not looking good thus far - RamK better change the patterns RIGHT NOW.
2-0 SRB - RamK makes the changes - breaks back with some good net-rushing - breaks to 1-2. :D
1-2 IND - Some very good net play - here is where RamK has the advantage - he needs to capitalize - holds to 2-2 with a great drop volley.
2-2 SRB -

Prof
Last edited by knarayen on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

And Ram get the vital break to lead 4-2...

Heard the courts would be super slow

5-2 to Ram.. excellent serving in the game drawing the Serbian wide off the court
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Ramkumar on the verge of winning us the first set. 5-2 30-15 up LD on serve. There seems to be a lot of Indian support from the crowd?
kaustav

Post by kaustav »

Tamilian hero lost the second set :(
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Ramk is finding hard to compete in the baseline exchange, hitting pretty short returns...He needs to change to be able to have any chance going forward...
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Ram has certainly raised his game and matching his opponent quite compitantly , barring that brief lapse of concentration to get broken and loose the second set.

On serve in the 3rd set , but the Serbian has little bit of extra advantage serving first and taking the lead after holding his serve and later to put pressure on Ram

4 all now..
desidividend24

Post by desidividend24 »

6-5 serbia
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

We are down 1 set to 2 now. Great fight from Ramkumar, but the momentum seems to have shifted.

India (Ramkumar Ramanathan) vs. Serbia (Laslo Djere) 63 46 67(2) 00
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Ram had a great chance to break Djere when he was serving at 1-2, 15-40 but misses those chances and now Djere break Ram to lead 3-2 in the fourth set.

Match is live on Neo sports in India but sadly Tata sky has blocked out Neo channels. So,only following the scores. :-(

Couple more break point chances missed and now Ram is 2-4 down in the fourth set.
RohitG

Post by RohitG »

The match is on neo prime. It can be streamed on jiotv app if you have jio simcard. Djere is leading 4-2 in the 4th set. RamK to serve now. Bhupathi is arguing with the chair umpire, he seems to be angry at him about the last point where Ram hit the ball long. Maybe someone can clear up about what happened there. My guess is the umpire nodded when the linesman called it out (coz I hear Hesh say this) but didnt understand the further part. Doesn't look like a packed house. I thought the Serbs will boo when Hesh was arguing
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

last game he just ran around almost every shot and hit that with FH....Cmon Ram, fight...