Wimbledon (All England Lawn Tennis Championships) 2012

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Saniapower
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Wimbledon (All England Lawn Tennis Championships) 2012

Post by Saniapower »

vk2052 wrote: Lee is also much fitter than hesh.
I will agree on that.
prassana

Post by prassana »

LP still making us proud..he is indeed our best doubles player.. :goodluck: LP/EV..EV still chasing her first slam..i thought it was going to be with Mirza,but now i think it's going to be with LP..Anyway her Indian Connection continues..i think its her 6th slam final and she is yet to win one..Cmon Lee and Ves..
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

Don't underestimate Vesnina here. She is one of the best in the business if not the best. She has a vicious 1st serve. Paes has been playing with Vesnina for quite some time now. But she is yet to win her 1st slam which she truly deserves but I believe that day has finally arrived. Ist set will be very crucial today. Go Elena. Go Paes. :goodluck:
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Just waiting to hear the words from Leander after winning the championship hopefully ;-)
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

I just hope that Vesnina gets her 1st slam today. She is too good a player not to have won one already. Saw the 3rd set in the morning. She was very sharp. They will start as the favourites. Hope she and Sania get back together. :goodluck:
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

rajorshi wrote:Are you telling me? Its Rajorshi, actually. Now where did Rohan come in? I thought I was only an "ardent Bhupathi fan" till now :kookoo:

I accept that they are legends but sorry no one is "way ahead" of the other.
Paes was way ahead as a singles player and the only Olympic tennis medalist for India. Most of the tennis world holds singles acumen as the true test of a tennis player and the Olympic medal is a significant achievement. The comparison to Rohan is not even worth talking about.
wrestlinglife

Post by wrestlinglife »

rajorshi wrote:Paes yet to win French. I think Mahesh became the 1st Indian to win a slam in 1997. He is the only player in Open Era to win all the mixed doubles slams twice- a fact that most people are dismissing as trivial. Mahesh also completed his career slam in 2006 (in mixed)- at a time Paes was yet to win any mens dbls slam with anyone apart from Bhupathi. But guess you already know all these. For more use GOOGLE!
kaustav wrote:Helped Lukas Dlohuy Martin Damm and Radek to win their first slam..Where does Mahesh stand?
Did some searching myself. And guess what I found? Rika Hiraku and Ai Sugiyama, apart from Sania, also won their 1st ever slam with Bhupathi. Whats more, Pierce and Hingis won their only mixed doubles titles with him. Someone might just want to add that Paes also won his 1st slam with him! lol. Now you know how pathetic was your question.
And are you seriously putting Hingis and Pierce as someone MB helped win "slams"? And Mxd Doubles, really? Did Leander also help Cara Black "win her only MxD doubles slam"? You're taking conversations and discussions to meaningless lows now.
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

What hypocrisy! Now I know why when someone said Paes stuck to Navratilova, its not an issue. And its not my problem what you or others think or how you interpret my posts. That is solely your problem. And Black won her only mixed slam with Paes? Really? Do you even follow tennis?
kaustav

Post by kaustav »

If Cara won with her brother doesnt clarify your statement of Bhupathi helped Pierce and Hingis to win the slams...Leander helping Martin Damm ,Radek and Lukas Dlouhy was the fact my dear friend.. Beating teams like Mirnyi-Bjorkman,Bryans,Nestor-Mirnyi :)...Argument needs to be logical my friend...
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

YEEEES!!! FEDERER WINS WIMBLEDON AGAIN! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

King Roger :notworthy:
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

kaustav wrote:Argument needs to be logical my friend...
Kaustav, are you sure :-)?
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

kaustav wrote:If Cara won with her brother doesnt clarify your statement of Bhupathi helped Pierce and Hingis to win the slams...Leander helping Martin Damm ,Radek and Lukas Dlouhy was the fact my dear friend.. Beating teams like Mirnyi-Bjorkman,Bryans,Nestor-Mirnyi :)...Argument needs to be logical my friend...
Buddy, I guess you don't know I am an ''immature'', less than ''10yr old kid'' so I really have no idea how to be logical :p.
(Just saw Prasen uncle's comment. He will agree, I am sure! :D)
On a serious note, if you watched the AO final you would know who ''helped'' whom. I am not taking anything away from Paes. He has been very consistent and is a legend esp if one sees his mens doubles and Davis Cup record. But sorry, he got a long way to go to match Bhupathi in mixed doubles. Bhups has won those titles with all kinds of players- from Sugiyama to Hingis to Sania. The off-court saga has made him an eyesore for some and hence all these brickbats. But he remains a mixed doubles maestro! Period.
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

ankit1407 wrote:King Roger :notworthy:
He is the new world no 1 too! :bounce:
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

It's 2am in Singapore, and tomorrow is a working day. I will hope that someone else will follow the MxD final and report it here -- as I cannot. Interesting decision by LP (upon winning the toss) to receive first, and attempt to go after Mike Bryan's serve.