New Logo for our website!!!

Admin Annoucements about the board

Moderator: Moderators

krinix
Please enter the middle number: 1

New Logo for our website!!!

Post by krinix »

Hello everyone,

I have designed few logos this last two days.
let me make it clear, this is not finalised Logos, just few concepts of mine, and as I get more inputs and sugestionsn from you all.

I have mixed fonts and and colours. Please let me know of what you think. Which combination of clour and fonts to use.
Please also suggest punch lines for our website. I came up with "Where sports messts passion" I know it sound lame.

Here's fe of them embedded here. rest of theseries is on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/29762422@N00/. its a long list.

gbelday

Re: New Logo for our website!!!

Post by gbelday »

Thanks krinix. I like the first one in the list but I would also like to see the india flag somehow represented in that logo. Also, may be you could play around with other shapes. Also, not too sure on the slogan. I know it's easy for me to sit here and suggest while you are doing all the good work.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Thanks krinix for your work on the logo.

Suggestions:

1. Use the three colors of the national flag in writing Sports-India.com and there will not be a need to put the flag in the logo (saves space)

2. I like the idea of the "punch line" since it gives the new readers an idea what this website is about. The three words that come to my mind when I think about Sports-India are - Sports, Passion and Chat. We discuss sports, are passionate about it, and we chat or discuss sports in the forum. One could choose from several different words to describe "chat" e.g., rant and rave, dialogue, conversation, exchange of ideas, communication, chitchat, etc
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Can you have some colors which are a bit more solid? They all look very faded to me. Does not convey the passion, really. In fact, it has beena pet peeve of mine for a long time that Indian sports, our jerseys, etc often look faded ... The designs look nice! Jay
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Thanks Krinix for the good work. I like the first one and I think it will be even better if we have more sports emblems on the banner.

Jay, can you suggest some colours, so that Krinix can make the changes and post it here.
krinix

Post by krinix »

Thanks for all your comments and suggestion.
We should have the new logo on next monday morning. I should be done by then.

I will surely put in more sport symbols in the logo. havent found cricket gears/fonts or images to be used.

The flickr link i posted has many more sample logo's with different colours.
Im waiting for Dhruv, who can choose, say around five logos from the flickr link and have a poll and suggestions thread.

Once the choise is made, about the colour, dimention and fonts to be used, i can tweak the logo even more, to incoporate many more sporting symbols.
shaili

Post by shaili »

hi
you have put graphics for boxing, wrestling and shooting - because we won medals in these sports at beijing...
but at sports india there is more discussion on - tennis, golf, hockey, cricket, football - all these have separate sections. maybe graphics showing these sports should be included in the banner design (logo)
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

krinix wrote:Thanks for all your comments and suggestion.
We should have the new logo on next monday morning. I should be done by then.

I will surely put in more sport symbols in the logo. havent found cricket gears/fonts or images to be used.

The flickr link i posted has many more sample logo's with different colours.
Im waiting for Dhruv, who can choose, say around five logos from the flickr link and have a poll and suggestions thread.

Once the choise is made, about the colour, dimention and fonts to be used, i can tweak the logo even more, to incoporate many more sporting symbols.

Can I choose just one or two.... I liked the blue logo and then logo 8. If the readers give us feedback on the logos that were their favorite that would be great. Colour scheme and punch lines can be modified later.

As for the sporting symbols I guess we will have to see what krinix can come up with.
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Sorry if I am biased but the logo should have a tennis symbol.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I just realized one thing. We need a dash between sports and india !! .. sports-india.com is how the name is, really ..

http://www.sportsindia.com is another website that exists

We could run into trouble if we do not have the dash.

Jay
S_K_S

Post by S_K_S »

Sports-India.com - By the fans, for the fans
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I too like the "by the fans, for the fans" because that really captures what we are - having been utterly independent of ANY sports institutions of any kind. No profit angles, no relation to anybody, not answerable to anyone, but ourselves - the FANS. That is probably what characterizes us as a group as very unique out there.

The passion angle is of course correct - and that is also a key characteristic of us fans. The problem is that the word is such a cliche and so loosely used by everybody. Not unique enough for people to notice as something significant, even though we are more passionate than any other sports fan group from India, in what we do.

Looks like we have now confused the heck out of krinix. Sorry boss ...

Jay
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

May I suggest - "Sports-India.com -- Your first choice for Indian sports news and discussion. [strikeout] Period[/strikeout]."

"By the fans, for the fans" is accurate but too tired of a slogan.

P.S. Do we not have a strikeout font in this forum?
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Too tired a slogan .. Does anybody else use the "By the fans, of the fans, for the fans" ?? .. I should check.

Jay
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

jayakris wrote:Too tired a slogan .. Does anybody else use the "By the fans, of the fans, for the fans" ?? .. I should check.

Jay
Jay, I didn't mean that literally. The concept is tired. I was hoping for something new and bold and creative.

Search results for "By the fans, of the fans, for the fans"

The second result in the list is from our own Tennis-India site. How about that?