Sania - Conditioning, Foot Speed, Mobility and Coaching ..

A new subforum created to discuss Sania Mirza. As a lot of the other tennis player threads were getting overloaded, thus a new forum to discuss Sania Mirza

Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sania - Conditioning, Foot Speed, Mobility and Coaching ..

Post by jayakris »

Good news.!!! Just got a quick note from Imran Mirza that what he wrote as 4 weeks, ended up being reported as 4 months, he says!!.

The surgery got done successfully.  Fortunately there were no tear in the ligaments.  Basically the surgical procedure was to remove the debris from a year of inflammation and a repair of the wrist capsule.  3 weeks of cast and then she will start moving the wrist.  Looks like even 4-6 weeks to get back on court and hit, is reasonable.  She may even make FO, but more realistically Wimbledon.  [In other words, this is not like a broken bone or repaired ligaments!]

"Definitiely no problem for Olympics," says Imran.

PHEW!!!!!!!!  Hurray!!!!!

Jay
nballa
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by nballa »

i think she needs to change her diet.
its clear that whatever she is eating is not working as she is still the same insulin resistant untoned player she was. she needs to realize that its 70% diet and 30% training but then she probably realizes that and is trapped in her genetic prison. i would like to know what she eats on a daily basis? jay? bhusanji? anyone?

its amazing we have all these threads on foot-speed, mobility etc and none on nutrition. that is the single most important thing responsible for us securing one bronze medal and one silver medal in two olympics and one of them in "shooting" or whatever that pretend sport is.
sanjay5goel

Post by sanjay5goel »

I "applauded" you nballa - for the first time ever. Was your post meant to provoke smites?

Sanjay
puneets

Post by puneets »

Good news. 4-5 weeks is not too bad. Hope she recovers soon.

I don't know about her diet, but this topic reminds me of a pic that I saw on rediff (some 2-2.5 yrs ago). Sania was eating at Taco Bell ..of all the places :)
I don't think you can get cheaper burritos anywhere else :D
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I am reminded of one of the items in a Univ. of Texas quotes book -
"One player was lost because he broke his nose. How do you go about getting a nose in condition for football?"
    -- Darrell K Royal, Three-time National championship coach, when asked if the abnormal number of Longhorn injuries that season resulted from poor physical conditioning
Naveen's post is the perfect example of misattribution ..

If she ate fewer Tacos and more Steak, her wrist problem would not have been there? ...

Anyway, she knows about her diet and she eats well.  The couple of times I went with her, she was eating the preferred diet of the tennis players -- Nice pasta with meat without too much cream.  Is that OK with naveen? :)

Jay
nballa

Post by nballa »

jayakris wrote: Naveen's post is the perfect example of misattribution ..

If she ate fewer Tacos and more Steak, her wrist problem would not have been there? ...

Anyway, she knows about her diet and she eats well.  The couple of times I went with her, she was eating the preferred diet of the tennis players -- Nice pasta with meat without too much cream.  Is that OK with naveen? :)

Jay
sure. protein is the single most important macro-nutrient for tissue build and repair.

i dont know what diet will work for her, depends on the individual but she definitely needs a nutritionist who can get her muscle mass up. 
iShUuU

Post by iShUuU »

Thank God it is only 4 to 5 weeks.Now I m feeling bit relax he he
Last edited by iShUuU on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks Jay for updating this important news ... Phew, so hopefully until grass season Sania will be back.

Jaydeep.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Jaydeep -- any idea of the Davis Cup score? .. No streaming links we can find ..  Jay
nballa

Post by nballa »

iShUuU ViShUuU wrote: Thank God it is only 4 to 5 weeks.Now I m feeling bit relax he he
oh dear lord.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

nballa wrote:
iShUuU ViShUuU wrote: Thank God it is only 4 to 5 weeks.Now I m feeling bit relax he he
oh dear lord.
What's bothering you, naballa?  Grammar not up to snuff?  It is the age of SMS, my friend.  Anything goes in the name of "English."  :D

BTW, your comment about protein at first appeared ridiculous in the context of a wrist injury.  But I think you make a valid point because good nutrition and total body fitness improves biomechanics and reduces the risk of injury to all joints.  Often, weakness, say in the shoulders or hips will cause a player to put more stress on the wrist and thus make it more susceptible to injury.

Less biriyani, more grilled chicken/vegetables/pasta, more multi-joint weight training, more hill running.  Would that make you happy?
genius

Post by genius »

if she could strike nballa with a sledge hammer, it would make me happy. he keeps trolling here despite a miserable karma of -20s
nballa

Post by nballa »

jai_in_canada wrote:
What's bothering you, naballa?  Grammar not up to snuff?  It is the age of SMS, my friend.  Anything goes in the name of "English."  :D

BTW, your comment about protein at first appeared ridiculous in the context of a wrist injury.  But I think you make a valid point because good nutrition and total body fitness improves biomechanics and reduces the risk of injury to all joints.  Often, weakness, say in the shoulders or hips will cause a player to put more stress on the wrist and thus make it more susceptible to injury.

Less biriyani, more grilled chicken/vegetables/pasta, more multi-joint weight training, more hill running.  Would that make you happy?

what bothers me is that he is relaxed knowing she is ok, but is she relaxed knowing he is ok? No because everything must revolve around our little princess.
nballa

Post by nballa »

genius wrote: if she could strike nballa with a sledge hammer, it would make me happy. he keeps trolling here despite a miserable karma of -20s
dude my karma used to be in the negative late 40's until they decided to applaud me with some positives for no apparent reason, kinda makes a mockery of the whole system. i mean come-on, the guy who makes the thread asking tendulkar to retire a couple of years ago is sitting on a pile of plus 200 karma points. hows that for a slap in the face?
iShUuU

Post by iShUuU »

PMPL @ Nballa
What's ur problem if everythin revolves around her eh??
Till now I had only heard Indian girls are jealous of her LMTO(includin my Bhabhijaan hehe.She is also from Hyd)...N Man I hope u wont be beefing me now. ROFLMTO..
X Exitz X