Post world-cup (T20) jokes ....

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
shibi

Post world-cup (T20) jokes ....

Post by shibi »

Chanced upon this comment and thought worth posting it here.

Misbah thought he was sending the ball to a place where there was no one. He did not know that there is a Malayali in very corner of the world!!!  :D
Last edited by jayakris on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: ICC Twenty20 World Cup, South Africa (11 - 24th September, 2007)

Post by Prem »

A joke on MALLUS  :D

Misbah thought he was hitting the ball to no man's land.
He simply forgot about the fact that there is a MALLU in every corner of the world.....
nballa

Post by nballa »

Prem wrote: A joke on MALLUS  :D

Misbah thought he was hitting the ball to no man's land.
He simply forgot about the fact that there is a MALLU in every corner of the world.....

its a very lame joke wich doesnt work under the hidden assumption. i think the joke maker's idea of world is india and saudi. atleast it goes one step further than a national baseball championship called the "world" series.

did i mention that the joke was lame?
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

nballa wrote:its a very lame joke wich doesnt work under the hidden assumption. i think the joke maker's idea of world is india and saudi.
I knew that it would be somebody form AP who would say this.  There was a time when there was a malayali everywhere in the world (and no, it is not just saudi and india - just ceck places in Germany or UK or USA or anywhere else where malayali nurses went, with the husbands following) ..  But times have changed and the joke should really be on AP-wallahs .. Or should I use the equivalent to Mallus, on AP-wallahs?

These days, whereever you go, you find a few AP-wallahs, normally in slacks and tennis shoes - who are there to write some software.

OK, next time when we get an AP-wallah at fine leg to take a catch, we will say that joke..  

But wait, we need to have an AP-wallah in the team first for that.  Sorry.

Jay
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

nballa wrote:
its a very lame joke wich doesnt work under the hidden assumption. i think the joke maker's idea of world is india and saudi.
...and Jay replied:
jayakris wrote: I knew that it would be somebody form AP who would say this.  There was a time when there was a malayali everywhere in the world ...  But times have changed and the joke should really be on AP-wallahs ...

OK, next time when we get an AP-wallah at fine leg to take a catch, we will say that joke..  

But wait, we need to have an AP-wallah in the team first for that.  Sorry.

Jay
Oh man, I am tired of reading whether Joginder or Sreesanth deserved to be in the team or not, or whether India won the 20-20 by sheer luck or not; however, I would certainly enjoy a free-for-all between Jay's Keralites and Sandeep's AP-wallahs.  :devil: :D  (just kidding, guys).  
puneets

Post by puneets »

"AP-wallahs" !
Come on Jay..you can do much better ;)
Don't be so politically correct :)
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

BSharma wrote: Oh man, I am tired of reading whether Joginder or Sreesanth deserved to be in the team or not, or whether India won the 20-20 by sheer luck or not; however, I would certainly enjoy a free-for-all between Jay's Keralites and Sandeep's AP-wallahs.  :devil: :D  (just kidding, guys).  
Bhushan, joke or not, I do not want this escalated any more in this forum.  Please stop right now guys.  This thread has turned into something totally unrelated rather than enjoying the achievement.
Last edited by jayakris on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nballa

Re: Post world-cup (T20) jokes ....

Post by nballa »

so this is what you guys do, move perfectly meaningful conversations to the chit chat section. fine im gonna remember this.

anyways i always had good association with keralites. my current roomie is a keralite, my university buddy was a keralite we both took the advanced AI class without taking the regular AI class first and both ended up with a C-(the nerve of the prof asking us to write a program which identifies nouns in a sentence, who did he think we were?)
my sister once made friends with a keralite family but a few conversion attempts later she decided to put an end to that adventure.

anyways i heard some complains that telugu speaking ppl have no current representations in the indian cricket team.
i beg to differ! http://www.hindu.com/2007/09/24/stories ... 390200.htm.
yeah we are claiming that dude.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Exactly, Naveen ... We start a perfectly legal war, and the peaceloving crowd forces the "pushover" moderator to move the war elsewhere .. Sucks.

Anyway, if you claim Rohit Sharma, then I claim Robin Uthappa, whose mother Rosy is from Kozhikkode, and he is a malayalee...

You see, we are one up on you!!!!  You can never beat a malayali !!!!

Jay
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

The state governments are falling over each other to heap awards on their respective members of the winning team.  As I suspected, Agarkar will be one of the beneficiary of this stupid race in the tune of Rs. 15 lakh from the Maharashtra government in addition to the share of the BCCI money.  This when he almost single handedly ensured that we don’t even make it to the next round.  But no, our politicos refuse to rise to reality.

I don't know why we react angrily when we see zonal biases in team selection and such matters.  I think it is shameful that regionalism is paraded at every opportunity and then we try to take the high road when it comes time to play the blame game. 

Why, our own forum has denigrated toward a similar path.  Naveen is complaining that we moved a very meaningful discussion to the chit-chat section.  He took the pain to enlighten us with the fact that Rohit can be claimed as a Telugu.  I must say that I am most disappointed in Jay for his constant reference to Kerala and Malayalis in multiple threads.  I know he says this in a joking way most of the times, but it can spark an ugly discussion any time.

This forum, thus far, has been free of the vitriol that was spewed on rsc as an example.  I hope it stays that way. 

P.S. While I was typing this message, Jay has fired yet another shell.  Go ahead Naveen, find another AP connection now.  The game is on.
Last edited by Atithee on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Bhushan,

"Keralite"?  -- man, that is a terrible word for us ..  It sounds like we are from some extraterrestrial mineral .. Worse still, like we are some "lite" form of something heavier like a coconut ("Kera") .. I think I prefer the supposedly non-PC "Mallu" even if it rhymes with "Ulloo" ...

Now, if only I had the guts to use that term for an AP-wallah, which rhymes with the last name of Bjorkman's doubles partner a decade back :) .. I know puneets, I know ...

Jay
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Atithee, there is nothing wrong in regional pride, state pride, village pride, religious pride, college pride, caste pride, whatever pride ... It can be reallyhealthy and vibrant in a country.  The only problem is when pride becomes a reason to look down on others, illtreat some and be partial to some, or make conclusions on individuals by stereotyping (another thing that the PC crowd misunderstands.  Stereotyping is not the problem, but expecting the stereotype from an individual is).

My malayalee references are always with no implication of any superiority over anybody else though.  Mostly poking fun at malayalees themselves. 

On some issues like soccer etc, I have indeed felt that Keala has been overlooked though (I have blamed malayalees for a lot of it too), and those are REAL issues, not jokes.

By the way I am guilty of looking down on others, though .. Looking down on Oklahoma and Pakistan is a way of life for me.  Mostly in jest, but occasionally on the basis of solid facts on demonstrated history.

But we won't let anything go to vitriol level. Has never happened, and even we moderators have moderated each other on that.  You worry too much, Atithee :) ...

Jay
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

jayakris wrote: Bhushan,

"Keralite"?  -- man, that is a terrible word for us ..  It sounds like we are from some extraterrestrial mineral .. Worse still, like we are some "lite" form of something heavier like a coconut ("Kera") .. I think I prefer the supposedly non-PC "Mallu" even if it rhymes with "Ulloo" ...

Jay
I am sorry if the word "Keralite" offended Jay.  I always have assumed that "Mallu" is not the proper way to address people from Kerala and hence I tried to quickly think of another name and could come up with Keralite.  :oops:

OTOH, I agree with Atithee even if it means that we should end this banter between states.  :D
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

jayakris wrote: By the way I am guilty of looking down on others, though .. Looking down on Oklahoma and Pakistan is a way of life for me.   Mostly in jest, but occasionally on the basis of solid facts on demonstrated history.

Jay
Oh why oh why is my lower midsection of my body hurting all of a sudden?  Still trying to figure it out!  :wink:
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Jay wrote:
My malayalee references are always with no implication of any superiority over anybody else though.  Mostly poking fun at malayalees themselves. 
Jay,

You are one of the few people I know who can poke fun at your own people and yourself.  The problem with many Indian people is that we often put regionalism above the country and often can't take a joke about our region or state.  Now Oklahoma-Texas rivalry is another matter.  :D