A1 GP 2006

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Who should drive for team India in the next A1 race ?

Poll runs till Sun Sep 08, 2041 12:04 am

Karun Chandok
63%
Armaan Ebrahim
38%
NK
No votes

Total votes: 16

piranha
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: A1 GP 2006

Post by piranha »

In pursuit of more strong results, the team has added Sureshwaren to the team, to take advantage of the rookie session and contribute to the performance of the team.
For some reason, Parthiva Sureshwaren didn't compete in any of today's two rookie practice sessions in Sepang.  :kookoo:
vijay-krishnan

Post by vijay-krishnan »

Yes, good point...and the lad at the wheel of team india had ensured we have reached low being even slower than lebanon on a track that he is supposed to know very well and calls his favourite...someone please tell me why we even have a car running around at 6 seconds a lap slower than pole setter....I think this is going to be my last comment with A1 gp....im sick of it now....seriously am...
kallu

Post by kallu »

yeah where was parthiva...i was eager to see how he does...Yeah its dissappointing to see india right at the bottom.
something surely has to be done. I am not expecting them to win or get podiums, was just hoping we will be in points few times this season.

Armaan showed real promise in the Formula BMW. I think A1 really damaged his confidence. He was beaten badly by his teammate in Formula renault aswell. He needs to rethink his career !!
piranha

Post by piranha »

A1 Team India driver Parthiva Sureshwaren was scheduled to take advantage of the extra track time. However, due to a number of circumstances, Sureshwaren was forced to sit out the rookie sessions.
[...]
Yohann J Setna, Seat holder for A1 Team India said, "The Motorsport Association of India refused to issue Parthiva with an International Grade B licence, despite the fact that he has a wide ranging career in motorsport. Consequently, he was unable to take part in the rookie session and we're one session behind again.
So this is what happened to Parthiva Sureshwaren...  :roll:
kallu

Post by kallu »

what the heck is wrong MAI :damn:
He Tested WSR car, Raced in British F3, formula asia, Barber dodge series and formula ford !!!

what else do they need to give him the licence !!
piranha

Post by piranha »

I wonder if it was just stupid bureaucracy or was it some sort of payback between MAI and Parthiva Sureshwaren ? It would be interesting to dig into this incident.
kallu

Post by kallu »

I think Parthiva might be testing this weekend. Probably some one in MAI needed a little Bribe..  :roll:
piranha

Post by piranha »

Probably with some help from the data gathered by Sureshwaren in rookie testing, Team India managed a quite decent 16th place on the 21-car grid today, ahead of hosts Indonesia, Ireland and (woohoo) Brazil. Not to mention Lebanon and Pakistan, who were 2 and 6 seconds respectively slower than Armaan Ebrahim. In the 3rd segment of qualifying, Armaan was 12th fastest, just under a second off the pace!
kallu

Post by kallu »

Yeah thats little improvement :D....Hopefully he picks few places in sprint race !! and gets our first point in the feature !!

And look at Ireland!!, they are shocking this season, the team just lost the plot !!
piranha

Post by piranha »

kallu wrote: And look at Ireland!!, they are shocking this season, the team just lost the plot !!
Well, last year they had Ralph Firman driving the Irish green car.

Team India @ Sentul:
18th in the sprint race
DNF in the feature race
piranha

Post by piranha »

Tonight I watched an interesting programe on the Discovery Channel called 'Speed Dynasties' featuring, among others, Ermaan Ebrahim and his father Akbar. The programe was about the sons and daughters of former motorsport stars that became racing drivers themselves. Like Bruno Senna, Vanina Ickx, Colin McRae, Christian Jones etc. Intersting stuff, didn't know much about Ermaan Ebrahim's everyday life and how much pressure his father puts on his teenage shoulders.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

What!! India participated in 2006 A1 GP. I thought they never participated.

What about 2007? Are they gonna participate in there too?
piranha

Post by piranha »

India1989 wrote: What!! India participated in 2006 A1 GP. I thought they never participated.

What about 2007? Are they gonna participate in there too?
The 2006/2007 season is still underway. The next race is in Taupo (New Zealand) later this month. Armaan Ebrahim and Parthiva Sureshwaren will be there too. At least, Armaan will definitely be there anyway.
kallu

Post by kallu »

i wanted to go to the Taupo round, the track is only about 4hours drive from where i live. But couldnt get a leave from work. Dammit !! :mad:
piranha

Post by piranha »

You live in NZ? How cool, it's my dream country!  :notworthy:

On Kiwi teritory I predict another double win for local man Jonny Reid with Germany's Nico Hulkenberg hot on his tail again. I think Ryan Briscoe had previous knowledge of the track, but he's not driving in Taupo (just signed a big contract in the States). So, Karl Reindler will drive the Australian car in his place (he's not that good).

I expect the regulars to fight for the top 5 places: Lapierre, Duran, Neel Jani, Yoong (I never thought I would say such thing about Alex Yoong). It's sad that Oliver Jarvis won't drive the GB car (date clash with the Japanese F3 championship).