How to become member of PGTI/PGAI

This is the forum for general golf info and queries and comments.

Moderator: Moderators

BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: How to become member of PGTI/PGAI

Post by BSharma »

Welcome Samish to Sports-India.

You have correctly pointed out that the Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI) does not have information about membership, tournaments, etc on the Internet.  I am hoping that PGTI will shortly have a website that will provide the necessary information to the players, prospective players, golf fans, sponsors and media people. 

The golfers belonging to the rival group - Professional Golfers Association of India (PGAI) - were not allowed to play in the first PGTI sponsored tournament, but several of them played at the recently concluded EMAAR-MGF PGTI Championship in Bangalore. 

I do not have any of the information that you are seeking, but if you know any of the professional golfers in India then he should be able to give you some information. 

Good luck and do let us know if you were successful in getting the answers to your questions.  :D
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Samish,

I will try to get in touch with my contacts in India and see if I can find some information for you about membership in PGTI. 
Henley

Post by Henley »

Hi BS,

You may ask Samish to email to either of these two addresses :-
and .

Hopefully he'd get a reply, sooner rather than later, from Ajai Gupta who is the Tour Commissioner of the PGTI
Last edited by Dhruv on Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Henley wrote: Hi BS,

You may ask Samish to email to either of these two addresses :-
Thanks Henley for providing the e-mail address of the PGTI official.  I have e-mailed my contact in India and if I get a reply, I will post it here.
Last edited by Dhruv on Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V Krishnaswamy

Post by V Krishnaswamy »

Hi Samish,
I will try and get some info for you.
PGTI is a new organisation... things are still evolving. I will speak to Ajai and see what can be done.. I am sure some invites can be worked out..
Q-school conducted by old PGAI is over..
A compromise of sorts seems to have been arrived at with PGA members being allowed into latest EMAAR event...
I have been travelling out.... Asian Games and Volvo masters of Asia... just give me a couple of days...
Swamy
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Hi Swamy,

Thanks for finding time from your busy schedule to post information at Sports India.  You must have had fun covering Jeev Milkha Singh in the past few months.  Are you going to come to The Masters or the PGA Championship?  The PGA Championship will be held in my home town and we can get together for it.