Indian National Rally Championship

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

agurudev
Please enter the middle number: 1

Taking part in formula maruti

Post by agurudev »

unlike karting, you have to rely heavily on the gears to slow you down for the corners, this will also help you to keep the revs high and in the "nice" range.

do post up on how you did. and remember, stay clear of the tyres. :)
googboog

Post by googboog »

i had guessed the downshifting in corners bit.. and yes i will try my best the stay clear of the tyres..

that is, if there are tyres!! :damn:
Karun Chandhok

Post by Karun Chandhok »

googboog wrote:i had guessed the downshifting in corners bit.. and yes i will try my best the stay clear of the tyres..

hi googboog........just came across your thread. actually, you need to use the brakes to slow down and gears to go faster ! which event are you doing ? if it's the jk racing championship then i should be at most of the events - come and find me if you want some help.

good luck !
agurudev

Post by agurudev »

sorry about that previous post, got myself confused with driving on the track and on dirt. anyway just a article that listed esteem class at 10000 per race which i think is a damn good way to start off. it is much much cheaper compared to other forms of motorsports.

all the best again. and karun, thanks for pointing it out, he would have lost a lot of time otherwise.
googboog

Post by googboog »

Karun Chandhok wrote:
googboog wrote:i had guessed the downshifting in corners bit.. and yes i will try my best the stay clear of the tyres..

hi googboog........just came across your thread. actually, you need to use the brakes to slow down and gears to go faster ! which event are you doing ? if it's the jk racing championship then i should be at most of the events - come and find me if you want some help.

good luck !
hello!! you better be there!! sirish chandran said that you might be there to give me tips.. in case you're wondering.. this is a prize for designing your helmet.. overdrive december..
hope you remember that.. :D

dont know whats happening with the event though.. the dates for the races havent been finalized... :kookoo:
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Man so many different types of racing going on. OH well I am confused. I hope you do good googboog. Wish you best of luck.
piranha

Re: INRC

Post by piranha »

Chetan Shivram wrote:Hi piranha,
Will have the report ready for you in a couple of days.
Sorry, I haven't been able to enter the sports-india website & forum from my office in recent months. If you can provide me those hi-res pictures and some info (history and nowdays) please contact me at mihai.dumitru@rallymagazin.ro

Thanx in advance!
agurudev

Indian National Rally Championship

Post by agurudev »

hi,

Can we use this thread to track the progress of the Indian National Rally 2006?

1st round Poona - Won by Gaurav of JK tyres. Full results are available at the official site.

The guys who drove and who are members here like Chetan, can you please post your experiences? Thanks.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

INRC 2006

Post by Sandeep »

agurudev, could you please post the link to the official website
agurudev

INRC 2006

Post by agurudev »

vijay-krishnan

great...

Post by vijay-krishnan »

hey its good that someone is promoting rallying here...it is an awesome sector of motorsport...was the first rally won by Gaurav ? is it gaurav gill...he drove the national racing championship as well....known to be a good driver...keep the thread going guys
agurudev

INRC 2006

Post by agurudev »

yes it was gaurav gill, also this year you have deepak chinappa particapating in the RSC
adhiraj

INRC 2006

Post by adhiraj »

Hi guys,

One of my friend participated in INRC Rd Pune, and I saw the results in www.wisa.org.in where he came 17th out of 17th overall. Yet I met him 2day, and he is telling me he stood third in 1400cc catg. He is also confident of winning the 1400cc catg at the end of the season. I'm surprised to see that he is quite satisfied with his performance I'm a little confused :roll: Can anyone tell me how the score or position takes place in rallying????
vijay-krishnan

INRC 2006

Post by vijay-krishnan »

hi adhiraj....the rallies have diffenrent categories wherein some drivers drive more powerful cars than the rest...while your friend has finished 17th and last he may have finished third in the 1400cc category since there were only as many participants in that category or maybe some others in that category pulled out....hope this has helped...
agurudev

INRC 2006

Post by agurudev »

check out the official site for full details on the times in each stage, placing, standing, etc...

there are only 3 or 4 drivers in the 1400 category this year. also bangalore round will see some locals doing the 1400 and overall your friend might end up with a good place if he drives all the rounds.

just updated, coimbatore round stands cancelled.