Armaan Ebrahim - in Indy Lights Series 2012

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

kallu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Armaan Ebrahim - New F1 hope.

Post by kallu »

thats great. All the best for him.

I think he should have done this last year instead of A1.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

As per report at the Formula Renault UK Championship Round 1 at Brands Hatch, U.K. Armaan Ebrahim finished 15th overall in the race ... But he finished second in the Graduate Cup.

Armaan's comments on his performance - "It is disappointing not to finish in the top five especially when we were on the pace in testing."
"However most of the testing was in the wet, while the qualifying and the race were in dry conditions and I needed some more time on the circuit in dry conditions to be on top of my game."

Jaydeep.
Vas

Post by Vas »

jaydeep wrote:As per report at the Formula Renault UK Championship Round 1 at Brands Hatch, U.K. Armaan Ebrahim finished 15th overall in the race ... But he finished second in the Graduate Cup.

Armaan's comments on his performance - "It is disappointing not to finish in the top five especially when we were on the pace in testing."
"However most of the testing was in the wet, while the qualifying and the race were in dry conditions and I needed some more time on the circuit in dry conditions to be on top of my game."

Jaydeep.
Armaan qualified at 18 and 17th in the 2 races. That could be one of the reason for him finsihing outside the points!

I think top fiver gets points!

By the by, Jaideep where u got the comments of Armaan from.

And any idea about where is Karun Chandhok?
vijay-krishnan

what new f1 hope?

Post by vijay-krishnan »

hello all...been away for a while....i dunno why anyone would still refer to ebrahim as an F1 hope...excuses will always be there but finishing 15th in Formula Renault is not done if he is our f1 hopeful....this is why the hype should not have been brought about with A1...i dont think anyone understands why his manager and father would put him into A1 before this series...anyway its good that he's going through the lower formulas before jumping the gun and doing badly as we saw last yr....am not too sure about Karun...i read on a racing site that he may be doing the much awaited Renault V6 series....lets hope he is as its a good one to be in right now....kudros to renault who are really doing a fabulous all round job in motorsports...n good luck to our Indian lads in their respective series !!!!
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Yeah Karun is supposed to be in the Formula Renault Asia series. Another Indian teenager is in the Formula BMW series in Asia.
Last edited by Dhruv on Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
adhiraj

what is of F1?

Post by adhiraj »

Hi everyone, frankly speaking I’m of the same opinion as Vijay-Krishnan. Though I really admire Armaan’s capabilities and there is no doubt that at 17 years he has achieved a lot, but still being a racer myself it seems that he is hurrying to live up to his dreams; F1. It’s absolutely true that whatever we have seen in A1 was just not acceptable. First of all why was there direct jump from FBMW to A1. The competitions in A1 were pretty tough and above all, most of the drivers of the past season were a lot more experienced as compared to Armaan. In that case why was Karun Chandok dropped in the middle??? He is far more experienced. The credit of being young and achieving a lot comes with success. No one will accept the fact, that Armaan is still reliable as he is young, can we?? For him there had been constant transmission blowouts last year in A1. This took place for shifting the gears at wrong RPM. These gears are so accurate that one wrong shift could cease the engine. Why did this take place? This shows that he still needs to hone his skills in this level of competition. He has to perform. Who ever it is, be it any sport, if he is not able to perform then there is no place for him. I still believe that there are some drivers who will perform better if they are properly trained. The outcome of bad performance in A1 resulted in the sponsors refusing to pump in any more money for this season and thus no A1 for India for 2006 as of now. But Armaan that much as he has the surname “Ebrahim” and dad Akbar with him. That is why almost immediately he got a seat in Formula Renault for this year. For this I don’t blame armaan but it is the selectors who need to be careful. If we really need to perform well in motorsports what we foremost need is proper driver selection and without keeping in mind any pseudo factors. Let’s keep our fingers crossed as F- Renault seems to have low powered car compared to A1 and thus there is a chance that we will be able to see India improve in it.
Last edited by adhiraj on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adhiraj

Post by adhiraj »

Dhruv wrote:Yeah Karun is supposed to be in the Formula Renault Asia series. Another Indian teenager is in the Formula BMW series in Asia.
Good to hear that Karun is about to take part in F-Renault. Lets see how this season turns out to be.The teenager in FBMW(asia) series is Aditya Akkineni. He is quite a known name in the jktyre F series races. Another Indian for FBMW(Asia) is Rayomand Banajee. He is representing himself as a privateer. He had quite an excellent track record so far. But performance is doubtful since financially it might be tough as privateer. But still a heartiest congratulations to them. Also heard Narain has done very well in the testing. He clocked close to NIco Roseberg. Way to go Narain. Best of luuck to all you guys. :D
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Armaan Ebrahim had to sit out of the first race after damaging his car in the fourth qualifying round of the Formula Renault UK Championship at Oulton Park.
Armaan Ebrahim - "Testing went well, but I only managed one clear lap in the first qualifying session, and in the second I got hit heavily.''
"The yellow flags were out, so I backed off, but I hit a wet section of the track, which made me spinThat wasn't too bad, and did very little damage to the car, but then Jamrozinski came off and hit me extremely hard. It's done a huge amount of damage to the car and forced me to sit out the first race.''
Jaydeep.
vijay-krishnan

Re: Armaan Ebrahim - New F1 hope.

Post by vijay-krishnan »

interesting fact : aditya akkineni is being run by akbar ebrahim....he has consistently finished last or second last all through the season...i think he should really look at someone who knows his stuff rather than hire someone who can only use his pull to do things outside the race track...i really feel sorry for junior ebrahim as his father has really just hurried his carreer and people are soon finding out that he is not a good person to be dealing with...and adithya was a very promising youngster in the national series..so if his talent was nurtured properly he may have been a lot quicker...lets hope NK and KC keep doing us proud anyway and hope for a bright future for arman with professionals running him and not his father
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Where is Asif Nazir nowadays. Does he drive in any champiionships. And what is Armaan doing nowadays. Is he still in A1 or in other races. Hopefully Armaan races and does good too so that we have many people racing for India in future.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Armaan Ebrahim claimed his second win of the season in another close race during the Formula V6 Asia Round 4 at Sepang International Circuit today ... His first victory also came at same venue in May.

Armaan also take 2nd finish in Race 3 ... He was qualified on 2nd spot for this weekend.

Armaan Ebrahim is just one point, 46 pts, behind leader James Grunwell.

Armaan Ebrahim -
“I had a good start. In the dry we had a very good car, slowly - not a lot - but lap by lap we could pull away from Earl, who managed a very good start and became second. I took a bit of time to get used to it and then James nearly caught up to me and he was quick at that point. So I really had to put my head down and really push because he was really quick.

We had a close battle for some time but there was always a little gap. It was a good tight race, I needed that. I’m confident now for Indonesia, we need to change a few things but the team did a fantastic job getting the car right, its really good to drive and I thank the team.”
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Armaan Ebrahim - in Formula V6 Asia for 2008

Post by jaydeep »

Nice interview of Armaan, who is aiming for top 3 finish in F2 to acquire F1 license.

Armaan targeting F1 license
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Armaan Ebrahim - in FIA Formula 2 Championship 2010

Post by jaydeep »

Armaan Ebrahim finished on impressive 5th position after qualifying back of the grid ... As per report he overtake 3 cars on the first lap and then 8 more cars in remaining laps to gave this strong performance, 31:04.955.

Other 2 Indian drivers Parthiva Sureshwaren (31:14.268) and Ajith Kumar (32:18.205) finished race on 10th and 15th respectively.

Armaan fifth in F2's Monza race
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Armaan Ebrahim - in Indy Lights Series 2012

Post by jaydeep »

Armaan Ebrahim has become the first Indian racer, to secure a seat in the Indy Lights Series after being selected by Bryan Herta Autosport (BHA) team, the reigning champions of the Indy 500 series, for the 2012 season.
Team owner Bryan Herta wrote: "Armaan acquitted himself very well with the Indy Lights car today. Although it is quite a bit different than some of the cars he has driven recently, he was quickly on the pace and we were pleased with the feedback he was able to provide to his engineers."

"Based on today, we are actively working to put a programme in place around Armaan to not only make him the first Indian driver on the grid of the Indy Lights Series, but also ultimately the first Indian driver in the winner's circle."
Ebrahim secures 2012 Indy Lights racing seat
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Armaan Ebrahim - in Indy Lights Series 2012

Post by jaydeep »

Armaan Ebrahim finished on 12th after starting 13th in the third round of the Firestone Indy Lights championship at California.

Armaan Ebrahim finishes 12th in Indy Lights

After 3 races Armaan is on 12th position with 60 points.

Firestone Indy Lights - Drivers