New Rules for 2006

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

Hugh_Jarse

New Rules for 2006

Post by Hugh_Jarse »

Is Formula 1 getting too complicated for the casual spectator. The FIA has been, in my view, meddling with the Rules a bit too much. Although at one point, it was aimed only to avoid the dominance of ferrari, now it is almost nonsensical with so many qualifying formats being experimented with. I guess the only positive is that the new rules for 2006 are going to shake up the grid again.

Qualifying is going to be complicated again. i wish they would just go back to the good old 12 laps per driver and maybe make the session shorter so that half the cars do not stay in the pits for the first half hour. Also nothing ike seeing a driver going banzai on his lap with a low fuel load instead of this running on race fuel load business.

I am excited about the tyre changing being permitted this year as i dont really believe that the one set per race rule provided the overtaking that it was expected to provide.

Hopefully the V8s come out well and do not make or break winners on account of reliability
kallu
Please enter the middle number: 1

New Rules for 2006

Post by kallu »

Many F1nuts have hard time keeping up with all these changes let alone common spectators ! :mrgreen:

The new qualifying is aimed at the track spectators and TV audience. Seeing one car on the track at one time is pretty boring. So this new knock out system will provide some mini races during qualis !.

And yes i am glad the tyre changes are back! To be honest i dont really mind ferrari winning all the races. Aslong as there is lot of competition and overtaking between other teams, i will be happy
India1989

New Rules for 2006

Post by India1989 »

Man they should stop making so many changes. They shoyuld stick to only one rule.
vkd_1717

New Rules for 2006

Post by vkd_1717 »

The changes from2003-5 were stupid. I think that the cahnges for 2006 show that F1 is going back in the right direction
India1989

New Rules for 2006

Post by India1989 »

Is "cannot change the tyre" a rule for 2006?
kallu

New Rules for 2006

Post by kallu »

in 2006 teams will be allowed to change the tyres !! So the pitstops will be looking busy
India1989

New Rules for 2006

Post by India1989 »

OH that's cool. So it is back to what it was before.