Coverage of Indian golfers in the Asian and the JPGA

Moderator: Moderators

ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

JPGA 2005: Jeev and Dinesh Chand

Post by ajay »

Just found that Jeev started this tournament while battling flu.
In Jeev own words
“It was the most unbelievable round I ever played. I was completely drained out because of the flu and my throat was hurting so bad that I was even having trouble swallowing water. I went to the first tee with absolutely no expectations from the round. I just wanted to play regulation golf. As it turned out, it was one of my best rounds in a long, long time,” said the
33-year-old on phone from Aichi.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Yes I read yesterday that he is battling with flu in thi toournament ... Considering that it was really superb performance from him.

Today Jeev scored -1 round to finished off with T14 position Dinesh Chand played another good round of -3 and managed to finished T5.

1 Yong-Eun Yang -18 (¥24,000,000)
2 Taichi Teshima -14 (¥12,000,000)

T5 Dinesh Chand -11 (¥4,560,000)
T14 Jeev Milkha Singh -7 (¥1,908,000)

Jaydeep.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Jeev had 4 birdies and 1 eagle, but bogey count was up with birdies, so he finally finished 2 under par. He is T27, where the leader is -7. Jeev willo be looking to cut down his bogeys to catch up the leaders. Go Jeev!

Dinesh Chand was a stroke further behind at T41. He scored 3 birdies and 2 bogeys.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Jeev needs to cut down those bogeys to give true justice to his performance which is really improved last few weeks.

Jaydeep.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Jeev seem to be regressing with one over par today (i guess through 9 holes)... He is currently T38
Prem

Post by Prem »

Looks like you guys missed Jyoti....he did well on day one but had a disasterous second round to bow out. Jeev had an even par round and progresses to play the weekend. Jyoti plays an odd event in JPGA and then disappears. Next week he will be at the Indian Open and again away from JPGA. He is concentrating on his PGA card or else as a fall back he has EPGA card secured.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Surprise that Jyoti was playing in Japan. Ya, we missed him.

If in first round Jeev had 4 birdies and an eagle, in the second round he had 4 bogeys and a double bogey. But thanks to the six birdies he was home at par for the day. So he remains -2 for the tournament tied 36.

Just like Jeev Dinesh Chand also had 6 birdies in the second round. But unlike Jeev he was bogeyless. So with a round of -6 he is now in contention T4 at -7 for the tournament, just 2 strokes behind the leaders.

Jyoti did well on first day as he was 3 under (5 birdies, 2 bogeys) to be T12. But :damn: disaster struck on his very first hole, par 4 10th hole of the course where Jyoti took NINE strokes to finally get the ball in the hole. It seemed that all was lost there itself. Another bogey on his 3rd hole made him +6 for the day in 3 holes. But Jyoti did play well for the rest of the back 9 as he birdies 3 holes. So he was +3 for the day and even par for the tournament when he came to the front nine and it seemed he was back in the game to make it for the weekend rounds. But another disaster was waiting for him at the first hole of the front nine. :damn: This time he took 7 strokes on the par 4 hole. He probably played aggressive after that, which resulted in 2 more birdies and 3 more bogeys as he bowed out of the competition.

I use to remember +4 hole of Arjun Atwal in PGA as the worst one hole performance, but Jyoti beat it by a +5.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Today jeev managed another PAR round ... Another perfromance of 4 birdies, 2 bogeys and double bogey on last hole 18th ... :damn:

Currently he is T46 with -2 but his postion will change as still lot of players need to finish their rounds.

Dinesh Chand is +2 for the day after 13th holes with 1 birdie and 3 bogeys ... Currently on T21 position.

Jaydeep.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Today Jeev managed to complete his round without double bogey, so he managed to score under par round ... ;)

But again Jeev played exceptinally well to scored birdies but he should work on to reduce bogeys .. Today Jeev scored 7 birdies and 3 bogeys and finished round with -4 ... Dinesh also scored 1 eagle and 2 birdie, but also managed to score a double bogey and a bogey, so he ended his round with -1.

In end Jeev and Dinesh ended their campaign with -6 and T24 position ... And win ¥880,000 prize money.

David Smail continue his good run on JPGA and win Bridgestone Open with -16 score.

Jaydeep.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Jeev started the last round on back nine with a bogey, and by the time he finished six holes, he was already 3 strokes over par with 3 bogeys, which brought him almost near the tail end of the leaderboard. But then the fortunes overturned in Jeev's favor as he hit a golden patch. He score 5 consecutive birdies, and after a par another couple of birdies. That is, he was -7 in eight holes. This stretch of performance basically salvaged the tournament for him.

Jeev is showing a good form. Scoring lot of birdies 21 to be precise and 2 eagles. In fact, 21 birdies make him T2 in the number of birdies scored in this tournament. Overall it was a good tournament for him and there are lot of positives that Jeev can take from here. A great result alluded him because, as Jaydeep also mentions, the overall count of bogeys (13) and double bogeys (2) were too high.

One thing I would say, that Jeev has made progress in cutting down disastrous days. Everybody have good days and bad days. But the problem Jeev used to have earlier was that we would see two extremes, i.e. an excellent day and a very very bad day together in the same tournament. I haven't seen this extreme pair of rounds in a tournament for quite a while.
Hopefully, next time he will have a larger difference between the number of birdies and the number of bogeys. Good news is that he is playing some good golf and he has been playing some good golf this year, he just needs a breakthrough victory. Hopefully, it'll come soon.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

ABC Championship 2005

Post by ajay »

First round of ABC Championship 2005 is over. Jeev played a par round with 4 birdies, 2 bogeys and a double bogey. Dinesh Chand fared better as he was 4 under with 4 birdies in a bogeyless round. Dinesh is T6 while Jeev is T48
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

And in second round Jeev and Dinesh exchanged first round roles ... ;) Today Dinesh Chand managed PAR round with 3 birdies and 3 bogeys ... But otherhand Jeev scored superb 4 under round which consisted 5 birdies and a bogey.

So after end of second round leaders r Shingo Katayama and Keng-Chi Lin r with -9 score ... And Jeev and Dinesh r on T12 position with -4 score.

Jaydeep.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Jeev and Dinesh, both are at striking distance. Both having one good round of -4 so far. Now in the 3rd round they need to repeat thier good round to come closer to the leader.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

While Jeev lost the plot in the third round, Dinesh Chand took the challenge with another 4 under par round (5 birdies and a bogey) to go T4 at -8 after the third round. He is just 3 strokes behind the leader.

Like, Dinesh Chand, Jeev needed a good round that didn't materialized. He had a mixed day with 3 bogeys and 2 birdies and he was practically out of contention. He was T31 with -3 after three rounds.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Final day is going on and Dinesh Chand is on fire. He has 3 birdies so far from 9 holes and now a joint leader with 3 other players. As he come on the final stretch on the back nine, lets see what twists and turns are in store.
Go Dinesh!!!