Narain Karthikeyan Thread ...

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

vkd_1717
Please enter the middle number: 1

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by vkd_1717 »

THis weekend isnt looking great for Narian... Jordans sporting director, Tervor Carlin had resined which will creat edifficulties for Jordan... Montreal is Tiagos favourite track and he is bound to do better than Narian here... and he wont be very popular in Canada after recent comments
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by jaydeep »

Jordon boss had tough talk with Narain and asked Narain to improve his performance.

Narain needs to improve: Jordan
"We are all aware that the drivers are rookies," said team boss Colin Kolles at the Canadian Grand Prix on Friday.
"I was not very happy with the performance of Narain in Monte Carlo, I was not very happy with his performance at Nuerburgring.
"He knows this, I told him this," he added.
"At the beginning Tiago was a little bit behind Narain, now Tiago is doing a better job," said Kolles. "This also has something to do with experience."
Jaydeep.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by jaydeep »

Also check Narain's interview on Rediff after his week-long stress relieving session ... He also talk about Candian GP and his preparations.

'Wild' Narain back on track

Jaydeep.
kallu

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by kallu »

narain did well in the other races .....he didnt do well in two races and he is unhappy ???

does he expect narain to get in to points with that car ?? :damn: :damn:
vkd_1717

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by vkd_1717 »

i think the jordan boos is more uspset about narians weird moments .. everytime he hits a barrier no matter how hard it costs the team a lot fo money... and other than the last 2 races i felt that Narian did really well
Indian

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by Indian »

Narain outqualified Montero and is now 5-3 against him in qualifying. And, his boos is complaining about him and not Montero?
They seriously need to improve the car rather than criticise their own driver.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by Dhruv »

Well Karthikeyan has apparantely struck back with a few barbs of his own in a recent interview. The rumour mill has it that the Jordan team is looking at putting Franck Montagny in a race car at the expense of one of their drivers. As NK got along with Carlin, who did not get along with the team boss (and so recently quit Jordan) the team boss is now trying to get rid of NK because he was associated with Carlin.
SaniaFan

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by SaniaFan »

What will happen to the sponsership in that case? I am sure Tata and speed etc would back out.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by Dhruv »

Well the way sponsorship money works in F1 it is rare that the company's give all the money up front. Usually half season (which is where the North American races are) and then the rest of the money comes in. There is a committment on their part no actual money changes hand until specific periods. Ofcourse it all depends on how contracts are worded and all that and every contract is different etc etc
SaniaFan

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by SaniaFan »

Also in an interview in the todays TOI Narain talks about the new Jordan car mentioning the the things may improve with the new car. So prabably even if Narain has to be replaced it may not be just yet. I mean it may take more races.
More than that I think next year they will be bringing the Russan Driver. So they are making up ground for that.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by jaydeep »

And in very controversial US GP Narain finished 4th and captured 5 points ... As he is our first F1 driver, so offcourse these 5 points r firstever by Indian ... :) Congrats Narain!!!

Points are points, says happy Karthikeyan

Jaydeep.
vkd_1717

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by vkd_1717 »

After the last race it looks like Narian might loose his sea. With Colin Kolles aldready being unhappy with Narian finishing far behind his partner wouldnt hav helped
gvhvhg

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by gvhvhg »

YEAH NARAIN!!! I agree points are points! Heck, he almost got a podium finish (actually I don't know how far he was behind Monteiro.)

I had heard about the fiasco in Indianapolis and I was thinking if NK wasn't one of the withdrawals then it was a great oppurtunity for him. But I was busy and forgot to check on it. He did! Good stuff!!
vkd_1717

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by vkd_1717 »

he was over 30 seconds behind his partner .... that was a pathetic perfromance i dont see why youll seem to be so happy when he couldnt capitlise on a golden oppurtunity
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Narain Karthikeyan

Post by Sandeep »

I think the same too. It was a very bad performance. It would have been a great moment had he finished 3rd. 4th is obvious, I mean he didn't beat any one who raced well!!! There isn't much he did to finish 4th.