Skins game, good or bad!

This is the forum for general golf info and queries and comments.

Moderator: Moderators

zambie
Please enter the middle number: 1

Skins game, good or bad!

Post by zambie »

“Skins game is like an action packed movie,” Vijay Singh said that when he was in New Delhi playing a skins tournament. No doubt it is for it does have a lot of drama and the best part it ends quickly. But it’s not the real test for a player or for that matter an avid golf follower.
Now we have two people with different viewpoints on game. Doug Carey, the publications director of www.travelgolf.com says something while blogger Jason Scott says something else…
As far as I am concerned enjoy both the formats, but truly the 4-day format cannot be enjoyed on TV…I go to sleep when ever I sit to watch it, and then watching it for four days, who has the time for that…what do you say.
http://www.travelgolf.com/newsletter/thisweekbuzz.htm
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Skins game, good or bad!

Post by jaydeep »

Skin games is u can compare with One Day game ... Definetly 4 days format (like Test Cricket) is traditional and show us real talent of golfer to handle different situation on different day ... But for result u has to wait for completion of 4 days play (Bit like Test match) ...Otherhand Skin game give thrill u on every hole ... And with different stakes on different holes and generally with different winners viewer njoy the thrill and be alert all 18 holes ... In viewers point of view Skin game is more exciting than traditional one ... But still genuine golf lovers always like traditional 4 days golf tournaments any given day ... And I m one of them ... :)

Jaydeep.