Paes + Bhupathi (for PKB...)

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

sbasu

Post by sbasu »

I hate to beat a dead horse, but why can't these two get back together? They really were a phenomenal team. You know, in an odd sort of way, this reminds me of Ghandi achieving liberation for India, only to have the people fight amongst themselves after. When will Indians learn to get along? Paes + Bhupathi together is what is best for Indian tennis :-~
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

Ghandi?
sbasu appears to be a non-Indian masquerading as one....
On the specific point about Paes-Bhupathi everybody agrees they should get together, and hopefully will.
We have large numbers of existing threads that discussions of this nature can be part of. I would suggest that newcomers to the group shouldn't start large numbers of new threads about old topics that unnecessarily take up space on the front-page of our forum.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Unlocking and posting sbasu's reply .. I will leave it open for a while till PKB has any response.. Jay
==============================================

Now, I didn't want to devote an entire thread to something so off-topic, but I feel the need to defend myself publically and the thread in which I would do so is now locked.
sbasu appears to be a non-Indian masquerading as one....
Quite frankly, you're wrong. I was born in Thiruvanathapuram, Kerala and have lived most of my life in different locations across the United States and Canada. I don't know what gives you the idea (or the right to publically hypothesize) that I am a non-Indian, but I ask that you please refrain in the future from making such false claims.

sbasu
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Well, it was just that you typed the word "Ghandi" which no Indian would ever do - but on the other hand, now that you have said you have been basically in the US, that is somewhat understandable. As you hadn't said that earlier, he got suspicious - that's all.

Anyway, don't worry. Hey, if you can type Thiruvananthapuram properly, you are more Indian than most Indians who have no clue what to do with that state capital! (I get sick of people thinking Trivandrum as the British form of a place name "thriventhrum" - at leats half the people in Chennai seems to think so..) .. It is "Thiru-Anantha-Puram", as in "Sree Anantha Puram", the place where the Vishnu Temple has the deity Padmanabha reclining on the snake Anantha. But I digress...

Hey, welcome to the malayali club (if you are born there, you are a malayali!). I am a malayalee too..

I have no problem with you adding some spice here and there with your arguments - some of which many of us don't agree with. But that is how an open forum is! .. Actually I like some back and forth in the forum, rather than just all of us goody-goody types (:)) only posting scores and encouraging players ..

Jay
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

It was the spelling "Ghandi" that set off the alarm bells...a classic error that about half the world's non-Indians appear to fall prey to -- but no Indian would normally allow him/herself to. I doubt anybody spells Mao as Mau, or Lincoln as Linclon, or Churchill as Chuchrill, but Gandhi has suffered this fate at too many hands to count...
If you're Indian, sbasu, welcome to the club! We have loads of non-Indians who simply love Leander, Mahesh and the idea of Indian tennis -- and are enthusiastic and gratifying contributors to the forum. This is one sport in which India has been among the best-performing of the world's developing economies over the past 50 years -- perhaps the reason why so many people sit up and take notice. There have been a number of Latin American competitors -- notably Argentina (Vilas, deClerc, Nalbandian), Ecuador (Andrez Gomez, Lapentti brothers), Mexico (Raul Ramirez, Leonardo Lavalle) -- and the occasional north African country -- Morocco in recent years, Egypt (Ismail el-Shafei in the early 1970s). But the only Asian developing economy to consistently produce world-class male tennis players over the past 50 years is India. If our forum is devoted to anything, it is to fostering and nurturing that glorious tradition. Constructive, meaningful commentary and criticism certainly enriches our forum. But bringing up aging topics that have been discussed ad nauseam and ad infinitum only contributes to tedium.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I'm afraid, Jay, sbasu also spelt "Thiruvananthapuram" wrong. Look carefully, there's an "n" missing. But that's a forgivable offence -- to come so close to the right Indian spelling!!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Uh oh .. I didn't notice that. Typo, I am sure. Yeah, we will forgive sbasu for that :)

Jay
sbasu

Post by sbasu »

jayakris wrote:Uh oh .. I didn't notice that. Typo, I am sure. Yeah, we will forgive sbasu for that :)
In fact, I knew the proper spelling for "Gandhi" too (this is evidenced in posts I had made previously in which I spelled the name correctly).

Anyway, guys, thanks for the welcome and support.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Now that everthing is resolved this thread has served its purpose and so locked.