Admin Annoucements about the board

Moderator: Moderators

Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Some minor site updates

Post by Dhruv »

Hi everyone,

I am in the middle of doing some minor site tweaks. This is basically to get from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 of the software. It should theoretically make the site faster ?? and more secure. Now since I have made changes to the basic code there is no guarantee that things will work like normal :). Part of the fun when you make changes to underlying code that you really shouldn't change is that you don't get seamless upgrades as you have to now modify your code again. So

a) if things are broken
b) don't look like they used to before
c) any other general problems

Please post here and what the problem is I will fix them as I get to them.

Thanks a lot for your understanding

Dhruv
PS: Sorry BSharma you got booted off when I made the switch. It should have been only a couple of minutes but still.
Last edited by Dhruv on Sun May 02, 2004 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Some minor site updates

Post by BSharma »

Dhruv, I wondered if I had offended you in some way that I got booted off - in fact I thought that my cable modem cut me off.

I had no trouble with the minor site update.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Some minor site updates

Post by Dhruv »

Well there was a slight glitch with the gallery fonts and that has now been fixed. One thing that is still giving me fits and starts are global announcements. They have "dissappeared",:roll: and now I am searching for them. That one effects only the admins so it should not be an issue for the rest of you. Let me know if stuff doesn't because I can't check everything. :D
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Some minor site updates

Post by Dhruv »

Well I got back, thought of going out on a Thurday night or fixing this bug of disappearing Global Announcements. I decided to fix the bug and then party all weekend rather than work on the fxing the bug this weekend. :D It took me less time that I thought so I can do whatever I want on the weekend :bounce: :devil:

Let me know of any other bugs that pop up I will quash them all. :mrgreen:
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Some minor site updates

Post by Dhruv »

And I'm back at it again. Well this time because there was a security hole that I had to fix in the basic software but as I was going to full around with the code yet again I thought why not add a couple of features that I thought would be cool. So now 2 new features the quick reply on the bottom of the page so that you can quickly type in a text response and if you remember the codes for the images etc you can get those to work as well.

The second change which will require me doing some more ground work on the titles of the photos is a random photo from the album should appear every time you go onto the frontpage.

Like always if stuff is broken I am to blame :D and please e-mail me as usual at support@sports-india.com and I will see what I can do to fix the problems.

Thanks for your cooperation
PKBasu

Some minor site updates

Post by PKBasu »

Dhruv, could you please place the Sania Mirza thread back on the "front page" (and remove some of the duplicated threads started by the obstreperous "sbasu")? thanks
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Some minor site updates

Post by Dhruv »

Hi I think you did that all by yourself :). The way that threads are organised are that the thread with the most recent post comes up on the post. So as a result, if you want a post right up on the top you can do one of two things. Post a valid comment in the old thread and it will come back to the front page or just post something like ^bump^ in the thread. As it will be a more recent post It will be back on the top again.
A word of warning though, if people indulge in bumping a thread more often thay actual posts I will lock the thread
Rishav

no probs

Post by Rishav »

hi dhruv,
no probs here man :bounce: . But, tell me, when are u thinking up of taking my article on your editorial board? I don't mean to hurry u up or something but just wanted to know. :tomato:
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Some minor site updates

Post by Dhruv »

Patience, I will get to it. Still haven't decided the best way to do it which is why I am still fooling around. I might take the site down for a day and do everything but first I need to know what I want to do and how I want to do it.