Indian Badminton Thread ...

Moderator: Moderators

srini

Re: Indian Badminton Thread ...

Post by srini »

sorry, i stand corrected. The official position by Indonesian association was this was done to protect the players from the rising cases in Europe. I guess i picked up the wrong info earlier from some badminton forum.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by sameerph »

Both Sindhu and Srikanth are thru to the quarter finals. Lets us open a thread for this tournament.
srini

Post by srini »

Mulyo handoyo and Tan kim her are set to return coaching Indian team. If true this can be great news for Indian badminton. Mulyo not only helped Srikanth pocket the most number of titles in a calendar year in 2017 but is also instrumental in shaping the Singaporean Loh kean yew as the world champion in the just finished tournament. Tan has been instrumental in making Satwik/Shetty realize their full potential.Coaches like Mulyo who are fitness freaks can help the senior players like Srikanth,Sindhu extend thier careers and can guide the youngsters like Lakshya immensely in tactics. Hopefully this will be longer stint with both of them extending up to Paris'24 and put Indian badminton firmly on world stage.
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

HS Prannoy posted this on FB. Our athletes do lead a hard life.
Here’s a little bit about my World Championship journey 2021

I got the entry to the World Championships just a week before the tournament. I was at the verge of withdrawing from the tournament due to lack of sponsors and funds. All of my heart and credits goes to @gosportsvoices for stepping in at the right moment and funding me for the World Championships, which gave me the freedom and flexibility to go all out and perform my best. They have been my backbone for a decade now and I cannot thank them enough for what they have been doing for me. Finding someone who has faith in your game pushes you to a great length. I hope and pray no player has to go through this situation, where you have to worry about funding on top of training and preparing for tournaments. Hoping the situation gets better in the coming years 😔
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Good showing by our men overall. Srikanth having a nice revival in his career and Lakshya looks like our best prospect since the younger days of Srikanth...
srini

Post by srini »

:Offtopic:
Good show by Indain men after a long time. But for Chinese team, it seems to be punishing experience participating in each tournament and having to go through a 21 day mandatory quarantine on the return and further extend the isolation if tested positive. For athletes who need to travel often it can affect their mental health. So China in its compulsive need to stick to its zero Covid policy may be incurring lot of cost for its citizens in terms of their lost productivity due to the need to maintain isolations or for entrepreneurs to run their businesses sticking to zero covid policy can be huge. I think this loss of productivity if calculated may run in to millions of dollars per year. How long does China want to stick to its isolation from rest of world with Winter Olympics and Asian games in 2022? I don't think athletes from other nations will agree to the kind of isolation requirements stipulated by China as it may affect their performance.
usaindia

Post by usaindia »

YONEX-SUNRISE India Open 2022
Badminton World Federation | India New Delhi, India
1/11/2022 to 1/16/2022
https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/spor ... 7BA&draw=1
usaindia

YONEX-SUNRISE India Open 2022

Post by usaindia »

Mens semis

Brian YANG vs LOH Kean Yew [5]
Lakshya SEN [3] VS NG Tze Yong

Womens semis

PUSARLA V. Sindhu [1] VS Supanida KATETHONG [6]

Aakarshi KASHYAP vs Busanan ONGBAMRUNGPHAN [2]
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

So, Lakshya holds his seeding and reaches the semis. The top seeds are gone. Golden opportunity to reach his lakshya. And, Sindhu's too.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

I believe Srikanth (one of the top seeds) had to withdraw due to Covid diagnosis of his roommate. Nevertheless, good consistency from Lakshya Sen to make SFs including beating the dangerous Prannoy in the QF. Looks like the inform Loh (current world champion) is favorite for the title.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

Saina lost to some other Indian girl. It is painful to see her lose like this. She should quit.
usaindia

Post by usaindia »

Mens Final

LOH Kean Yew [5] VS Lakshya SEN [3]
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Also Rankireddy/Shetty make mens doubles finals against highly rated Indonesians. Hopefully, our guys will find home inspiration to pull of upsets in the finals.
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

Sindhu lost a match against a lower ranked opponent. Simply inexcusable at a home tournament. She had easy points to take and squandered the opportunity
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

Congratulations to Tasnim Mir for becoming first world junior no 1 from India in girls Badminton. Someone to watch hout for in next couple of Olympics. Hope she performs well in seniors as well. It seems she is just 16 and is world no 1 in under 19.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 859582.cms