Lakshya Sen

Moderator: Moderators

Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Lakshya Sen

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Indian star shuttler Lakshya Sen jumped two spots to regain his career-best sixth position in the latest BWF World Rankings on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old from Almora, who had a stellar run this season, has 75,024 points from 23 tournaments.

Kidambi Srikanth and H S Prannoy remained static at world number 11 and 12 respectively.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Saffron, one suggestion. When you report something from a news report and copy/paste, please give the reference link also (like you do in some posts). It is copyright infringement, otherwise. Most of those news sites don't bother, but you never know. We don't want somebody to send a legal notice to Dhruv, about the forum! ...

You can also use the "quote" tag, just paste it in between the tags, and add the reference link URL and any comments from you above or below.

The readers can also then click and see more stuff at the link, if they have time. Like at the AP-direct link where the above item was (it could be in many other sites too, as AP is a news agency that many news sites pay and use) - https://apdirect.in/bwf-rankings-lakshy ... 26671.html

Thanks for looking out for such news bits, though!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

I do give reference link, but this time I somehow forget......My Bad!
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

In my opinion, once you give a link, no need to copy and paste the entire article. Just state the headline. Ideally, you’d want to add your comment on why you found that news worthy of being posted here.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:10 am I do give reference link, but this time I somehow forget......My Bad!
Yes, I know you do. This was just me reminding everybody, not just you, to be aware of it, that's all.
Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Omkara »

jayakris wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:06 pm
Saffron Lenin wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:10 am I do give reference link, but this time I somehow forget......My Bad!
Yes, I know you do. This was just me reminding everybody, not just you, to be aware of it, that's all.
I think it is an disciplined approach like this and enthusiasm of whoever comes here, that has kept this forum vibrant for such a long time!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Totally true, Omkara. I like what Saffron has done, going and finding some of these news items. We just get lazy and need posters like saffron to bring these things so we can discuss, argue and keep the forum going!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

jayakris wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:15 am You can also use the "quote" tag, just paste it in between the tags, and add the reference link URL and any comments from you above or below.
Technically, while quoting, we should not quote the whole article but only relevant parts of it that is allowed per "fair use" doctrine. Highlights if you will.

But, thank you so much Saffron Lenin, despite almost being an oxymoron ;-), for the great job you are doing alerting us to the news on various fronts.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Lakshya Sen becomes world number 12, jumps seven spots in BWF Rankings

After reaching world rank 25, Lakshay took a break to recover from his slump and slowly charted his rise back. A semi-final finish at Thailand Open brought him back in the top 20, and now a title triumph at Canada Open has pushed him close to the top 10. In men's singles, HS Prannoy remained India's top-ranked shuttler with world rank 9, while Kidambi Srikanth is stationed at World rank 20.

https://thebridge.in/badminton/lakshya- ... ings-42930
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

It is a bit disconcerting that Lakshya Sen's career (and ranking) goes through so much turbulence. But the Canada Open triumph (beating the All-England champion in the final) is wonderful news. He seems to be truly back!
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

As some people have noted, Lakshya appears to have added some offensive shots to his previously completely defensive game. So, perhaps the dip was while he was still mastering his new playing style. Hopefully, the current version of Lakshya is better than the previous version even though he had a lot of success using his previous playing style. The timing is perfect for the Olympic trials and hopefully as a contender in the Olympics next year.