$200K India Open, New Delhi (Super Series)

Moderator: Moderators

depleter
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: $200K India Open, New Delhi (Super Series)

Post by depleter »

RohitG wrote:http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/04/24/t ... -exposure/
The topic paints a decent picture but he called Indian players apart from Saina as "so-so" and "average". I don't understand why he has to specify it to Indians. In fact, when you line up anybody against the top-5, they look average and so-so. In fact this so-so dude was sent packing, go home and get retired Mister. Nice job Prannoy.
Hmm...Lol! The question was about Indians..and author took a personal interview and asked the questions..
If I am right this interview took place when he was taking rest from practice or after the match and after the match when he was going back....
And if you ask about retirement...he is currently playing only due to his sponsor obligations and nothing else...
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jaydeep »

Sindhu is in the semis of Indian Super series ... She defeated Japanese Yui in 47 minutes, who upset Saina in the second round ... In the first game Sindhu take early lead and kept increasing the lead ... Yui tried small comeback winning 9 points in a row after 7-19 down but Sindhu won next 2 points and won this game ... In the second game until 14-all both players were neck to neck ... After that Sindhu opened 3 points lead kept that advantage for winning the match ... Next she is facing Thai sensation Ratchanok Intanon.

Arundhati started positively against young Ratchanok but after wining the first game she failed to keep momentum ... Ratchanok won next two games for the victory.

Tago take early 3/4 points lead and kept through the first game ... In the second game Sai managed to put pressure on Tago ... At onetime he was leading 15-7 but Tago caught him at 17-all but from 19-all Sai won next 2 points and take match into the decider ... Tago proved too strong in the decider but still creditable performance by Sai.

Guru also lost in three games ... Guru made strong comeback in the match after losing the first game easily against Boonsak but he also failed to keep momentum in the decider.

Respected score by Prannoy in his loss against WR #1 Chong Wei Lee.

Anand Pawar scored upset win over Ajay ... I m really surprised by this dominating win by Anand in 30 minutes against Ajay ... In the first game Anand lost only 6 points ... Next he is facing Tago ... Hoping third time lucky for Indian player.

At $200K India Open, New Delhi (Super Series)

[QF] (Q) Prannoy H. S. (IND,76) vs (1) Chong Wei Lee (MAS,1) 14-21 19-21
[QF] Gurusaidutt R. M. V. (IND,33) l (7) Boonsak Ponsana (THA,11) 12-21 21-11 12-21
[QF] Anand Pawar (IND,53) bt Ajay Jayaram (IND,30) 21-6 21-16
[QF] Sai Praneeth B. (IND,62) l (6) Kenichi Tago (JPN,9) 17-21 21-19 11-21

[QF] (8) Sindhu P. V. (IND,15) bt Yui Hashimoto (JPN,46) 21-16 21-16
[QF] Arundhati Pantawane (IND,92) l (3) Ratchanok Intanon (THA,6) 21-14 7-21 16-21

[SF] Anand Pawar (IND,53) vs (6) Kenichi Tago (JPN,9)
[SF] (8) Sindhu P. V. (IND,15) vs (3) Ratchanok Intanon (THA,6)
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Indian challenge got over in the semis ... Anand lost in straight games but he gave fighting performance in his 44 minutes match ... Sindhu failed to create challenge to Ratchanok and lost in only 32 minutes.

At $200K India Open, New Delhi (Super Series)

[SF] Anand Pawar (IND,53) l (6) Kenichi Tago (JPN,9) 16-21 11-21
[SF] (8) Sindhu P. V. (IND,15) l (3) Ratchanok Intanon (THA,6) 12-21 6-21
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Whoa. What happened to Sindhu over there?
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Gautam, read this match report from DNA.

PV Sindhu gets a Thai whipping
Inthanon drew Sindhu into errors. The Thai set up her Indian opponent nicely. After serving it high, Inthanon anticipated Sindhu’s returns and dealt in smashes or deft placement.

In the rallies that ensued, Inthanon made Sindhu run around the court, drawing her to the front and then pushing her back before coming up with sliced cross-court returns or powerful smashes.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

I was rather surprised at gautam's question, actually. Sindhu's opponent was a pretty good one, and the scoreline did not look so surprising to me, though I expected PV to put up a better fight. Jay
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I think Gautam was asking about the 6-21 and what happened "over there". He would not have remarked if it was a close fought match. I think the Thai girl had defeated Saina too in the recent past. So, the comment was possibly over the score.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Yes, thanks Prasen. Jay, I didn't quite expect Sindhu to beat Inthanon but expected a closer match. I am just disappointed with that scoreline.
suresh

Post by suresh »

I noticed that the Japanese Hashimoto was also using the high toss serve against Sindhu -- have people found a weakness in her? Do people keep track of unforced errors in badminton? I am sure that Sindhu will have quite a few of those.