Sania Mirza Tournaments 2006 Part 2

This is the resting place for archived threads. Typically from threads that had become too long and had to be split to allow easier moderation.
*sridinats*
Please enter the middle number: 1

Sania Mirza Tournaments 2006 Part 2

Post by *sridinats* »

This thread will be where you can post items on Sania's tournaments from Sep 2005 onwards.

If there are two or more Indians at a tournament, we start a new thread in the Tournaments section. If there is a tournament thread started like that, then please post a link to that thread if Sania is there (like at the grand slams, Hyderabad, Kolkata, etc). Otherwise, keep adding to this thread for Sania's tournament activity - and we will edit the thread title as tournamnts change.

The general comments on Sania, which have more "discussion life" than the couple of weeks around any specific tournament, should go to the general Sania thread in the Sania forum.

Your friendly moderators!

===============================================

Guys,
As the situation stands star sports is expected to show live telecast of only the semi finals and finals of the wismilak open in Bali..So the only way ppl in India wil get to c her is if she manages to reach the semis......I don kno whether Star have rethought their strategy after Sania's performance at the USO....but i guess its too late to change their telecast plans
Sridhar
Last edited by Dhruv on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmxg

Sania Mirza Tournaments ....

Post by sandmxg »

hey ppl
im in bali rite now waitin 4 the tournament to get started so i can see a few players....i met a few of them already ...unknown mostly...sofie feugerson n maria elena camerin ...some players like that...the tournament sight is awesome ...everyone knws sania over here ..she arrives on sunday ..hopefully i see her at the airport:):) ...Her name is in the headlines of the tournament with davenport kuznetsova n Patty scyhd....hope sania does well in this tournament im cheerin 4 her
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Sania is HUGE in Asia. In Malaysia and Singapore, I've seen it for myself, and I'm sure Bali will take to her instantly.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

PKB---Based on some of the things you have said this year, Sania has been huge in Asia all year. Now she is huge EVERYWHERE. They will mention her with the top players before any tournament she plays in, because she is now a big name.
completelyconked

Post by completelyconked »

PKBasu wrote:Sania is HUGE in Asia. In Malaysia and Singapore, I've seen it for myself, and I'm sure Bali will take to her instantly.
How do they even know who she is?She didn't reach the quarter finals or anything :-~
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

Any update on the Bali draw? I have visited the WTAworld forum and they seem to be circulating an updated draw which shows some of the players having pulled out e.g., Peer, Morigami.

The tournament website itself does not seem to have much except a news article today in their language which seems to mention the list of players. Guys, I don't think we can expect much from this site in terms of score updates next week. Like someone was saying during Forest Hills, it is hard to believe that in today's age one has to struggle to get information. Remember the phone calls to Forest Hills !!!
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

The Wismilak website honestly seems to be a no hoper...I really dont think that there is any tab which indicates updated scores...which is quite surprising coz even a tier 4 event in hydbd updated scores regularly on its website...any idea bout the draw..it shud be released any time nw??
Sridhar

edit:sorry guys..it seems they are giving updated scores and it seems to be working alrite..jus watching a qualifying match nd they are updating it every point
Last edited by *sridinats* on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

I think I commented on the site too soon. Just revisited the site. Even though the main draw is not available, the site has now been revamped. It now includes provision for more detailed results. Updated scores are available as well.
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

Was jus going thru the wtaworld forum and i saw that Sunitha Rao is competing in the qualifying event for the wismilak event.
Sridhar
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

Hi guys,
the draws have been made.
Sania's first round opponent is EKATERINA BYCHKOVA

Bychkova is ranked 97th in the world.
So far she has no big catch..The only really decent plaers she has beaten is Aiko Nakamura and Kveta Peschke.

Sania is seeded 8th. Can someone pls lemme kno if this is the first WTA tour event where Sania has been seeded???(Tier 3 and above..i kno she was seeded at forest Hill)

Top seed davenport gets a bye in the first round...and i think if everything goes according to the draw then Sania may have to face Davenport in the Quartr Finals(there are 2 rounds before the OF)
Sridhar
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

...If Sania does win her first round..she will face either Maria elena Camerin or Marta Domachowska!
Sridhar
yssriram

Wismilak Draws

Post by yssriram »

Hi Friends,

Can you please let me know where the draw is updated in the
Wismilaktennis.com website?

I could not locate one!

Thanks in Advance!!

Sriram
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

Sriram,
The draw has stil not been uploaded on the wismilak website......and they have not even uploaded the schedule for tomorro's macthes,so we do not even know if Sania is playing tomorro.
Sridhar
yssriram

Draw

Post by yssriram »

Hi Sridhar,

Thanx for the reply. Then, From where you pulled out the schedule for Sania?
kishorJ

Post by kishorJ »

Bychkova is the girl who eliminated the last year's US open champion Kutznetsova in this years USO in the first round 6-3,6-2!