US Open/USO Series .. 2005 and 2006

This is the resting place for archived threads. Typically from threads that had become too long and had to be split to allow easier moderation.
arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

US Open/USO Series ..

Post by arjun2761 »

atulra wrote:The best thing about today's match is that Sania has a chance to make History by bettering the Indian Record for the Best performance in a Grand Slam by reaching the round of 16.
This is of course completely incorrect. In addition to the Krishnans' achievements, Vijay Amritraj reached 4 QF's in Grand Slams (including twice at the US Open) and some other Indians may also have reached the round of 16 (Jaidip Mukherjea at Wimbledon?).
SriramP

US Open/USO Series ..

Post by SriramP »

Thanks for the report on the doubles matches Ashish..!
puneets

Re: Sania Keeps Dissing Indian Courts

Post by puneets »

sanjay5goel wrote:
ekdumfakaart wrote:I love Sania, but maan when she blames all her injuries on pot-holed Indian tennis courts, she is laying it a little too thick. I know for fact that she comes from an affluent family and had access to the best courts in Hyd and around the country. One can understand when she cries about not having access to the best of resources, such as coaching, etc., but pot holes on tennis courts? Please, that is exaggerating to the limit. Just go to Hyd and take a look at all the courts Sania practised on, and see for yourself. EDF
You must either be joking or be an ekdum joker.

When and where did Sania said or implied anything close to what your are insinuating?
Freedom of speech is one thing -- but misquoting is not a part of that.

Sanjay
In her interview, she said something to the effect that she is a bit injured due to playing on the Indian courts..and then she smiled a little.

Maybe she was just referring to the "Indian" courts to impress on the fact that she injured herself at the very start of the season (when she was playing in India). I don't think that she was blaming the courts.
ekdumfakaart

Re: Sania Keeps Dissing Indian Courts

Post by ekdumfakaart »

Mr. Sanjay, (or I could have called you Sanjay, you moron... or something even worse, but i will resist the temptation because this forum is civil and I'd like to keep it like that) if you have a doubt or question regarding my assertions, please inquire in a civil manner. Do not take personal digs.
suresh

US Open/USO Series ..

Post by suresh »

I agree with Ashwin that we should restrict this thread to the US Open and move discussions on Sania to the other threads. I am also having a problem finding the results of the
previous days matches amidst the various posts. Moderation needed?
shibi

US Open/USO Series ..

Post by shibi »

Sridinats,

I would love to have updates. I don't think I would get to see the match live. I guess Eurosports would be showing some other match live (also they are starting the telecast half an hour late).

Shibi
Last edited by shibi on Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
puneets

US Open/USO Series ..

Post by puneets »

they start off with Sania...doing a profile of her.
SriramP

US Open/USO Series ..

Post by SriramP »

If anyone is planning to give updates, I think it would be better if the same post is edited several times by a single person, unlike what we saw for the previous match..! The scores and updates were all over the place..!
puneets

US Open/USO Series ..

Post by puneets »

They say on USAnetwork that they'll be following the Sania Mirza match ..great news that.

Let us stop posting so that the guy who's updating score can keep the post at the top.
Last edited by puneets on Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gansy

US Open/USO Series ..

Post by gansy »

USA network is going to show Sania's match I think. They just started with a five minute spiel on SAnia .. it was short on fact and long on hype ... but what the hell. It is all good.
shibi

US Open/USO Series ..

Post by shibi »

Thanks Sridinats, on the offer for updates.

Shibi
Last edited by shibi on Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.