Australia In India 2022-23

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Australia In India 2022-23

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Kohli's strike rate is around 140. He takes time to settle but later he pace up his innings to reduce run/ball ratio. He has been doing it and is one of tge greats of the game. Last 2 years he has struggled for runs and in Asia Cup he have shown glimpses returning to form, only centurian with 147 SR, and he is best among fav fours in T20Is.KL have been in list of top batter in T20I ranking, since he returned from injury he was slow starter however is last few games he looks in rhythm.Both of them plays in power plays od till 9th or 10th over where run rate is around 9/8.SKY plays in important position, where the team demands to play according to situation. In two games against Pak he played rash short, gave away his wicket, exposed lower order when enough overs were there, as a result opponent team attacked our lower order. Team needs him to eat up ball in pressure situation so that Pandyas & Jadeja's have full crack in last few overs with stage open for them. With 170+ SR he can easily give make up to the eaten up balls once he settles in, his innings in every WC matches will be important, if he throws away for eating less balls then team is in trouble.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

That is a renegade way to playing T20Is. If you eat up balls, you will not win. The modern game is about keeping on hitting all throughout 20 overs. Kohli and Rahul used to be very good T20I players. But, the last 3 years they have not been. When SAY was out there were enough wickets and balls left. Just because Pant and Karthik or whoever cannot bat does it mean that the people coming above them need to slow down. Not. You need to keep hitting. We lost the Pakistan match because everyone was too slow except a few. Hit out or get out. If you play slowly, the team is going to lose anyway. No point putting up a so-called "respectable" total and losing. I'd rather we try to get 200 everytime. Some days we will get bundled out for 98. But that is okay. We will win more than lose if we target a high total while setting a total. It seems the team aims for a par total at the beginning and then accelerates. I do not understand why some people need to play slowly and then at the end accelerate. The people coming at the end are capable of playing slowly too. So, go hit. And hit. And then hit some more. That is how England plays and most good teams (meaning those that win it all) play.

Kohli and Rahul's SRs are not around 140s in the last 3 years. If that were the case, we would not have been complaining. Choosing people for their work 4 years ago is not sound policy.
Rajkumar Sharma

Team Management is hurting the confidence level of Deepak Chahar. How can Umesh get back and feature in Playing XI just for his IPL performance that too 6 months before and Chahar warm in the bench. It is ridiculous decision to keep Chahar in the team then as he doesnt get a game by Bhuvi's similarity logic. Bhuvi Kumar.Umran Malik getting smashed is acceptable then an experienced guy.With Harshal who depends on slow tracks and Bhuvi Kumar, India cant do well in WC, bowling going to ruin India in WC
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

At the end of the day, we lost because of the horrendous inning by Kohli. He wasted an over, which is 5% of the resources. And the inability of Karthik and Axar to hit at the end. Of course, the bowling was also to blame. See Axar's stats vs Chahal's. Of course, Chahal is living up to his reputation as being the worst regular spinner among the top nations in the world. And, Bhuvi got canned again.

Mark my words. We will be out of the WC because of horrendously slow innings by Kohli, Pant, and Karthik. They are at least in very bad form notwithstanding Kohli hitting out against Afghanistan in a meaningless game. Rahul has fixed his issues. He was just rusty after the injury.
Rajkumar Sharma

prasen9 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:02 pmMark my words. We will be out of the WC because of horrendously slow innings by Kohli, Pant, and Karthik. They are at least in very bad form notwithstanding Kohli hitting out against Afghanistan in a meaningless game. Rahul has fixed his issues. He was just rusty after the injury.
Don't see batting a concern as the team will be playing in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Optus, Perth where the tracks provide less swing & seam movement under lights. Drop in pitches will give edge to the spinners, pacers will get help only in first few overs, unless the game is played at the Gabba.Bowling is now a huge concern. Lot will depend on Bumrah, Arshdeep and bit Hardik , third pacer spot is still empty. Bhuvi's three back to back failures in 19th overs followed by average performance over last one year, will raise quuestions. Harshal will struggle in Aus, unless the tracks are slow and sticky. Deepak Chahar should come in & Bhuvi should go to reserve, we need to give Chahar some confidence as he can be great in first few overs in Aus and also can do well with the bat.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Agree with the bowlers comments. But, wrt pitches, drop in or not, Kohli, Pant, and Karthik have not only failed on fast or bouncy pitches, they have failed on all types of pitches in the last 2-3 years. Kohli and Karthik are in terrible form and Pant is just terrible in T20Is. Anyway, hope you are correct and the batters manage to get some runs. I suspect they will get runs against the HongKongs of the world and then fail miserably against the top teams.
Mukherjee Babu

Post by Mukherjee Babu »

Need to launch a surgical strike in this team. Fun is going on with lots of idiotic excuses for defeats. There was no official report released for 2021 T20 WC poor show. Toss, players are tired, Pandya was injured etc were used as make up. Since then it has been too much experimentation, Buchanan's multicaptaincy theory was adopted in form of multi openers theory.Experimentation was not done as per requirement. On what basis Bhuvaneswar Kumar continued to play. If Shami was responsible then Bhuvi was also responsible, both were badly thrashed and Bhuvi still continuing to find a spot as an excuse of experience and letting the team down. Deepak Chahar has been permanently benched with stupid logic. Umran Malik was worsely treated, seems an overnight legendary selector is born who judged him with just 3 T0I games.If Umran has leaked runs, what this experienced Bhuvi is doing ? going for plenty when captain is expecting him to bowl tightly in end overs. Harsal Patel with whom we have made a false claim that he is best in end overs is another poor selection.We will get quite Mohali like tracks in Australia and this guy is fully depended on surface for his success, he would be taken apart in these kind of tracks.Shastri was much active in taking quick decision as a result we managed to reach finals of multiteam tournament, defensive approach of Dravid is getting failed whenever we are playing strong opponents, and thing will get more worse if he continues to back those failures, inconsistent seniors. If we take domestic & IPL we have best group of players who are not getting picked because of seniors and few inconsistent young players backed by legends, like Pant.T20I is not a tailor made format where you have to pick experienced guys, inexperienced guys won us World Cup in 2007. Pant, Karthik, Bhuvi, Ashwin, Shami, Harshal, Shreyas, Thakur, Chahal these guys dosent deserve chance in T20Is, all have put in poor show when opponents are in full strength. Mohsin Khan, Umran Malik, Tilak Verma, Sanju, Bhisnoi,Tripathi deserved to be groomed and feature in T20WC. Lol, what is our achievement after T20 WC 2021 in T20Is beating half strength NZ, beating weak Sri Lanka, Ireland, West Indies and weak England, blunder in Asia Cup 2022, drawing T20I series against full strength SA side at home is our only top achievement

Chetan Sharma & his co. has terrible thinking of going backwards and bringing back those who already failed previously. Umesh we saw, we will see Ashwin again if gets picked for remaining 5 T20Is, now full focus is on Shami as plan B, what will he do or not,one of the pathetic yes men chief selector who can't argue with captain for team's loss. Gone are those days when we had Vengsarkar, Jimmy Amarnath or even Kiran More who headlined in news for arguing with captains in selecting players and made reasonable selection.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Mostly agree. Except that Umran was not unfortunate. He is very, very lucky to be even close to the Indian team after his rudderless performance in the T20Is. If you choose hurlers and not bowlers, you get hurlers who get smacked.
Mukherjee Babu

Post by Mukherjee Babu »

prasen9 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:22 pm Mostly agree. Except that Umran was not unfortunate. He is very, very lucky to be even close to the Indian team after his rudderless performance in the T20Is. If you choose hurlers and not bowlers, you get hurlers who get smacked.
Yup. And Bhuvi & Harshal even worst then hurlers. If we still go with these bowlers, expecting them to do this & that despite failing then, WC win will remain a dream. We can't go WC with past reputations. Fans of this decade are showing lots of patience and accepting their rubbish excuse after one by one defeats in ICC events, 90s & early 2000 fans by know would have attacked captains, star players and lead an open protest like they did in 96WC defeat and 2007 WC early exit. They are following England T20 template but they should also follow their system, if you are out of form do a Eoin Morgan and exit or if you are injured better you withdraw before WC, playing ICC event with half fit players is more then cheating and hurting a young players dream
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Mukherjee Babu wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:47 pm Yup. And Bhuvi & Harshal even worst then hurlers.
(sic) This is absolutely untrue. Nobody has been as rudderless as Umraan. Here are the numbers for this year.

Overall figures
Player Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave EconAscending SR 4 5
Kuldeep Yadav 2 2 8.0 1 34 3 3/12 11.33 4.25 16.0 0 0 investigate this query
JJ Bumrah 3 3 10.0 1 53 3 2/10 17.66 5.30 20.0 0 0 investigate this query
DJ Hooda 12 4 6.0 0 32 1 1/3 32.00 5.33 36.0 0 0 investigate this query
Mohammed Siraj 1 1 4.0 0 22 1 1/22 22.00 5.50 24.0 0 0 investigate this query
SS Iyer 14 1 0.2 0 2 0 - - 6.00 - 0 0 investigate this query
V Kohli 10 1 1.0 0 6 0 - - 6.00 - 0 0 investigate this query
R Ashwin 5 5 20.0 0 139 5 2/22 27.80 6.95 24.0 0 0 investigate this query
B Kumar 23 22 75.0 4 523 31 5/4 16.87 6.97 14.5 2 1 investigate this query
Ravi Bishnoi 10 10 38.4 0 274 16 4/16 17.12 7.08 14.5 1 0 investigate this query
Arshdeep Singh 11 11 38.1 1 282 14 3/12 20.14 7.38 16.3 0 0 investigate this query
RA Jadeja 9 8 27.0 0 200 5 1/15 40.00 7.40 32.4 0 0 investigate this query
YS Chahal 17 16 57.3 0 441 20 3/20 22.05 7.66 17.2 0 0 investigate this query
AR Patel 12 11 32.5 1 257 11 3/15 23.36 7.82 17.9 0 0 investigate this query
SN Thakur 1 1 4.0 0 33 2 2/33 16.50 8.25 12.0 0 0 investigate this query
DL Chahar 4 4 12.5 0 111 3 2/15 37.00 8.64 25.6 0 0 investigate this query
HH Pandya 17 15 42.0 0 365 12 4/33 30.41 8.69 21.0 1 0 investigate this query
HV Patel 16 15 53.1 0 480 19 4/25 25.26 9.02 16.7 1 0 investigate this query
Avesh Khan 15 14 46.2 1 422 13 4/18 32.46 9.10 21.3 1 0 investigate this query
VR Iyer 6 3 6.1 0 63 4 2/23 15.75 10.21 9.2 0 0 investigate this query
Umran Malik 3 3 9.0 0 112 2 1/42 56.00 12.44 27.0 0 0 investigate this query
UT Yadav 1 1 2.0 0 27 2 2/27 13.50 13.50 6.0 0 0 investigate this query
KD Karthik 19 1 1.0 0 18 0 - - 18.00
The only person who has been more rudderless than Umran who gives away 12.44 runs/over is Umesh who gave away 13.5 runs/over. Umesh is over 1 match only though. Umran over three. But, if you look at Umran's T20 domestics, he gives away 9.13 runs/over if I remember correctly. With such crappy domestic numbers, i.e., where domestic dadas are hitting Umran like a club bowler, ableit giving up some wickets in doing so, I do not think he should even be anywhere near a net bowler in the India scheme of things. Send him to the NDA and let him learn to bowl.

Bhuvi has bowled three brutal 19th overs in the last three matches. Your memory is typical. Very, very big recency bias. Bhuvi in this year has been bowling fabulously at about 6-7 runs/over and about 16-17 runs/wicket.

The rudderless folks are: Umesh, Umran, Avesh, and Harshal. Harshal is somewhat rudderless but not at the level of Umran and Avesh who make it an art.
Rajkumar Sharma

Its unfair to target a rookie who has just played 3 T20I with such stats, where our so called top bowlers got brutal thrashing in every shorter format ICC events. All those stat toppers have been useless when its mattered for the team. Useless Crap Asif Ali, Shanaka are find better of these so called stat champions

Mukherjee Babu

Post by Mukherjee Babu »

prasen9 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:42 pmThe only person who has been more rudderless than Umran who gives away 12.44 runs/over is Umesh who gave away 13.5 runs/over. Umesh is over 1 match only though. Umran over three. But, if you look at Umran's T20 domestics, he gives away 9.13 runs/over if I remember correctly. With such crappy domestic numbers, i.e., where domestic dadas are hitting Umran like a club bowler, ableit giving up some wickets in doing so, I do not think he should even be anywhere near a net bowler in the India scheme of things. Send him to the NDA and let him learn to bowl.
What are our domestic dadas are doing in International Cricket ?. Sanju/ Ruturaj the domestic dada can't even cement their place even in bench despite hitting Umrans and other rudderless bowlers in domestic.What about Kohli like Iyer ? We are criticizing Pant but at the end of the day none of the Keepers batting stats looks extraordinary to replace him. Umran can't bowl.... does they can bat in international cricket ? Team became ICC knockout choker under Shastri and now under Dravid can't even reach finals of multi team events. Even Jogi Sharma had proud movement who bowled full tosses and short of length in the entire T20 WC of 2007. Avesh& Umran can't even be a net bowler but can you say giant bowler like Bhuvi will win us icc tournament who has been so far part of 5 T20WCs or Harshal slower ones will grip in fast & bouncy tracks of Australia.Bhuvi bowled badly in T20 WC 2021 team said he will bowl batter next match, bowled badly against Pak again same remark, bowled badly against SL again same kind of backing now again failed against Aus, same kind of backing going on & on.There is 150 kph bowlers in nearly in every top team squad who were also smashed in few of the games but team managrment have persisted with them. T20Is doesnt not require any wide domestic experience few games are enough to pick a talent. Everything takes place in instant, where a new batter can smash a 6 and win game or an 200 T20 experienced can fail.
Bhuvi has bowled three brutal 19th overs in the last three matches. Your memory is typical. Very, very big recency bias. Bhuvi in this year has been bowling fabulously at about 6-7 runs/over and about 16-17 runs/wicket
Yes, we are proud of Bhuvi picking 5 wickets against Afghans and bowling tough overs against Ireland, Windies, 2nd & 3rd string sides of England & New Zealand and continue to include him for what he had done in 2012/2013/14. Getting smashed by arch rivals & Sri Lanka we should forget.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I am not saying Bhuvi is great. I am saying that Avesh and Umran are crappier than him at this point and do not deserve a place in the team. We should have given chances to DLC and others next in line and honed them.

Yes, it is unfair to cherry-pick three matches for a rookie but okay to cherry-pick three matches for a senior. Great logic! I am not criticizing Umran for these three matches. I am criticizing Umran for being bad throughout his domestic career. My point is not to keep chosing the seniors who fail but to not pick craps just by looking at pace especially before they are ready. If indeed Umran is talented, by picking him before he is ready and then junking him for performance, we are going to lose a talent.

I am criticizing Umran Malik on the basis of *26* domestic mtaches where he has given away runs at 9.13 runs/over, which is the worst among most of the bowlers near the Indian team. All I am saying is that by using up the slots on these people who are not good, we are actually preventing competition for the seniors and keep picking them despite lukewarm performance.

Yes, Bhuvi failed in the last three matches. But, if you want to extrapolate from these three matches and ignore his whole career, there is no point discussing. I am saying that Umran has never been up to par. Bhuvi has sometime up to par. If it is between Bhuvi and Umran, I will always choose Bhuvi. Heck, I will choose Avesh, the other totally rudderless fellow to Umran. He, at least, has looked like in control in a few more matches than Umran even though he himself is crap too at this point.

Wrt rookie vs senior, the game does not care, the cup does not care. I am not comparing their careers, what they can become, etc. I am solely interested in who will give us more of a chance to win. With Avesh and Umran, we have near zero chance. With Bhuvi, we have a low chance.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Since you will not remember anything except the last three matches or so, here is a reminder. These numbers are for the last two years, Indian bowlers, against Australia, NZ, England, Pak, and RSA.
Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave EconAscending SR 4 5
VR Iyer 2021-2021 3 1 3.0 0 12 1 1/12 12.00 4.00 18.0 0 0 investigate this query
JJ Bumrah 2021-2022 3 3 10.0 1 51 4 2/10 12.75 5.10 15.0 0 0 investigate this query
R Ashwin 2021-2021 2 2 8.0 0 42 3 2/23 14.00 5.25 16.0 0 0 investigate this query
SS Iyer 2020-2022 16 1 0.2 0 2 0 - - 6.00 - 0 0 investigate this query
Arshdeep Singh 2022-2022 3 3 11.1 1 78 5 2/18 15.60 6.98 13.4 0 0 investigate this query
Ravi Bishnoi 2022-2022 2 2 8.0 0 56 3 2/30 18.66 7.00 16.0 0 0 investigate this query
CV Varun 2021-2021 2 2 8.0 0 56 0 - - 7.00 - 0 0 investigate this query
B Kumar 2021-2022 19 18 63.0 2 443 22 4/13 20.13 7.03 17.1 2 0 investigate this query
AR Patel 2021-2022 11 10 32.5 0 236 10 3/9 23.60 7.18 19.7 0 0 investigate this query
T Natarajan 2020-2021 4 4 16.0 0 122 7 3/30 17.42 7.62 13.7 0 0 investigate this query
Avesh Khan 2022-2022 7 6 21.0 0 167 6 4/18 27.83 7.95 21.0 1 0 investigate this query
Washington Sundar 2020-2021 8 8 27.3 0 223 6 2/29 37.16 8.10 27.5 0 0 investigate this query
HV Patel 2021-2022 11 10 34.1 0 281 15 4/25 18.73 8.22 13.6 1 0 investigate this query
HH Pandya 2020-2022 20 14 41.0 0 349 12 4/33 29.08 8.51 20.5 1 0 investigate this query
YS Chahal 2020-2022 17 16 59.3 0 537 20 3/20 26.85 9.02 17.8 0 0 investigate this query
RA Jadeja 2020-2022 6 5 14.0 0 129 0 - - 9.21 - 0 0 investigate this query
RD Chahar 2021-2021 2 2 7.0 0 68 2 2/35 34.00 9.71 21.0 0 0 investigate this query
Mohammed Siraj 2021-2021 1 1 4.0 0 39 1 1/39 39.00 9.75 24.0 0 0 investigate this query
DL Chahar 2020-2021 6 6 22.2 0 221 4 1/26 55.25 9.89 33.5 0 0 investigate this query
SN Thakur 2020-2021 8 8 26.5 0 267 10 3/42 26.70 9.95 16.1 0 0 investigate this query
Mohammed Shami 2020-2021 3 3 8.5 0 100 0 - - 11.32 - 0 0 investigate this query
UT Yadav 2022-2022 1 1 2.0 0 27 2 2/27 13.50 13.50 6.0 0 0 investigate this query
Umran Malik 2022-2022 1 1 4.0 0 56 1 1/56 56.00 14.00 24.0 0 0
The worst? No points for guessing. The point with choosing fewer teams is that fewer bowlers will have a reasonable sample size. Umran, Umesh and Shami are the bottom-ers although they only have 1, 1, and 3 matches. Then Shardul and DLC but they have 8 and 6 matches each.

Interestingly, Avesh has bowled less rudderless against these guys but he has been utterly hit by everyone else. You need someone who can bowl against all comers and if you are being hit by the Sri Lankas and West Indies or Zimbabweans, etc. then these six matches are possibly a fluke.

Bumrah, Arshdeep and Bhuvi are the best we have and that is whom we should play. Just because Bhuvi is being hit in three matches, we should not bring back bowlers who have been hit their entire careers.

I am also not a big Harshal fan. He is so so. Not as crappy as Avesh and Umran wrt line and length but also not that consistent. Between him and DLC we should have substitute bowlers.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Mukherjee Babu wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:39 am continue to include him for what he had done in 2012/2013/14. Getting smashed by arch rivals & Sri Lanka we should forget.
We should forget nothing. We are not including him for 2012-14. We are including him for what he did in the last 2 years against top-5 countries. See above.

All I am saying is that we should not include or exclude players on the basis of 3 matches. Everyone has three bad matches.