India in West Indies 2022

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: India in West Indies 2022

Post by prasen9 »

This WI team is pretty bad. We are leading 4-0. We should play our least experienced players for the last match.

Hooda, SAY, Ishan, Iyer, Sanju, Pant, Pandya (c), Axar, Bishnoi, Avesh, Arshdeep.
Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

prasen9 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:25 am This WI team is pretty bad. We are leading 4-0. We should play our least experienced players for the last match.
BCCI is arranging fixtures with West Indies frequently.Instead of 5 T20Is against WI, they should be gone for arranging tri nation T20I series involving Aus or NZ either in Aus or NZ. Motive of this tour is nothing but developing the game in USA as they have found scope of doing business in USA
Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Dear DK, stop playing tennis ball cricket every time. Those scoop and rap short will not be perfect every time and he is already in the notebook of opponent team coach, bowlers are now becoming aware of his strength
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

The batting hierarchy remains the same. Still SAY and Hooda ahead in my eyes with Shreyas and then Ishan Kishan following him. Axar did himself a lot of good improving his bowling and batting. Is he better than Jadeja now? Certainly a faster batter but scores less too. So, maybe Axar if we need a #8 and Jadeja if we need a #7 ?

The pacers did not do anything good today. So, Arshdeep remains ahead of Avesh. The spinners all succeeded. Bishnoi 16.53@7.15, Kuldeep 14.8@6.89, Ashwin 21.53@6.78, Chahal 23.8@8.09, Sundar 30@7.24, Jadeja 28.52@7.12, Axar 27.19@7.33. I'd roll the dice on the first two but, of course, the selectors will choose Chahal, who has been the worst spinner in T20Is who has played over 20-30 matches or so in the last 2-3 years. Ashwin gives us a bit more batting if we are going to choose three duds as pacers. Although Bumrah seems to be practising batting a bit.

But, realistically, we need at least one spinner who can bat. Then, it seems we choose Jadeja and tell him to go and hit and forget all the tuktuk that he has been doing in his career. Axar just misses out. He need to be more of an attacking bowler and take wickets and improve his batting. If we feel his batting is improved enough, we take him instead of Jadeja. But there may not be space for both.

If we need two spinners who can bat, it seems we will have to go to Ashwin and Jadeja. But, the team will want some wrist-spinner at the cost of batting. I'd roll the dice and go with Kuldeep. He will form a good variety pack with Jadeja spinning the ball different directions. Chahal spins it the same way.

My backup will be Bishnoi because he is a wicket-taker and can keep it quiet. So: Jadeja, Kuldeep/Ashwin, Bishnoi would be the three I would take. But, of course, Chahal is god and will be there.