India in New Zealand 2022

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: India in New Zealand 2022

Post by Sin Hombre »

How do we get prasen to stop using SAY.

And yes, players need to keep proving themselves including the so-called seniors who haven't in ages.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

The great maiden over and dot ball show is on by our batters in the third ODI. I’m only watching because Rohit and Kohli aren’t playing. Else, I had decided to stop watching Indian cricket. Plus, it’s a great start time (5:30 pm PST) to watch in the USA.
Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sin Hombre »

Thanks for the heads-up, let's watch and get annoyed. 21 after 7 overs, woohoo such brave batting.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Sin Hombre wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:53 am How do we get prasen to stop using SAY.

And yes, players need to keep proving themselves including the so-called seniors who haven't in ages.
Hey, SAY is more accurate. Suryakumar is one word. Maybe you guys S use SkY without capitalizing a letter in the middle of the word? I like to be annoying. :-)

So, SAY's so-called small size got a bit bigger unfortunately today. I'd give him 1-2 series and then it is time to hand over that spot to Samson. Averaging 32, albeit at a run a ball, over 12 dismissals is not acceptable.

Today the problem was not the slow start but the failures of the batsmen to bat. In trying conditions, in ODIs, slightly slow starts is okay but you have to bat on. Surya, Pant, Hooda, Gill failed. So, did Dhawan. With five batters failing, you lose.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

If Chahar is fit, I’d pick him over Bhuvi every time.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Our best bowlers are: Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, and PK in ODIs. Maybe with Bhuvi. Sakariya did not look bad but he may not be doing well in domestics. The rest have been utter crap. Why are we putting up with this crap? Why are Siraj and PK not here? They have not played that much. We are choosing based on whims here and not on domestic performance and it shows, especially in the bowling side.

We turn out this nonsense and they get thrashed, then we put them away and turn out more trash. Avesh, Shardul, Arshdeep, Nata, Saini, Malik, ... the list goes on and on. Saini, Nata, and Arshdeep looked good in T20Is. That means nothing much in ODIs. Just look at how hapless SAY looks in ODIs.

DLC is a bits and pieces player. Don't know about him. Maybe worth investing in a bit more. But, his bowling line and length and control are iffy. Why not give Shabaz a fair run?
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I am glad the moronic selectors got fired. At this haphazard rate of selection, we will not win the home WC. And, god knows we will not win an away WC. So, wait another 20 years.

Arshdeep - 13 overs
Avesh - 35
DLC - 74
Venky I. - 5
Hooda - 25
Nata - 20
Saini - 70
Sakariya - 8
Malik - 15

So, Arshdeep got equivalent of 2 matches, Avesh 4, DLC 8, VI 1, Hooda a few because he is part-time, Nat 2, Saini 7, Sakariya 1, Malik 2. Stupidity!

What is the point? Do you have any clue who our #5-#8 pacers are? If so, select them and stick with them for 150 overs. Players need time to develop. Or at least 120 overs. Play them in about 15 full matches and then decide. By selecting players and giving them 1-2 matches each 10-20 overs, you have no idea if someone had a bad day or just does not cut it.

In this manner, we will go to the ODI WC just as we went to this year's T20I WC - with a team that cannot win, period. Because, the bowlers did not have the required experience. We are repeating the same thing for the ODI WC. Hope the new selection committee is better but the way it is being selected does not give me much hope. There should be a performance manager with a plan and the selectors should work with them to have some continuity in planning. Small mistakes, rectify them. A bit of experimenting is fine. But, playing 10 players 2-3 matches each is nonsense.