India Tour Of Ireland 2022

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

India Tour Of Ireland 2022

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Squad:

Hardik Pandya (Captain), Bhuvneshwar Kumar (vice-captain), Ishan Kishan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sanju Samson, Suryakumar Yadav, Venkatesh Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Dinesh Karthik (wicket-keeper), Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Harshal Patel, Avesh Khan, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik

India will play the two T20Is at Malahide on June 26 and 28. VVS Laxman will serve as the head coach on tour and will be assisted by Shitanshu Kotak (batting coach), Sairaj Bahutule (bowling coach) and Munish Bali (fielding coach).
Rajkumar Sharma

Re: India Tour Of Ireland 2022

No Shabaaz Ahmed despite performing in Ranji, VHT, SMT & IPL. Total injustice
Rajkumar Sharma

Ireland has got very much poor records as host. Nearly 60% of the games gets washed away
Rajkumar Sharma

Deepak Hooda should be given regular chance now, as he provides the team services with both bat & ball. Shreyas & SKY still inconsistent.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I’ve seen Hooda bowl. He’s utter crap.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

SAY is not any more inconsistent than many of the other batters. That is a myth peddled here by some who think that if you do not score in every innings you are inconisstent, by which yardstick everyone is inconsistent. I would welcome anyone calculating the standard deviations of the different players to see who is more or less inconsistent.

On the batting side, I think the following have done well in order of strike rates:

SAY, Venkatesh, Hooda, Hardik, Karthik, Rahul, Rohit, Shreyas, Kohli, Ishan

Do not know if Rahul will be fit. All of these perhaps should be in the team. Venkatesh has a terrible split. He is awful against pacers and very good against spinners. If we pick him, he has to bat at overs 6-12 or so and bowl. Hooda has not played serious opposition. I think they are grooming Ishaan. Of course, golden boy Pant will walk into the team instead of some of the others who have performed better.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Among the pacers, based on past performance in international T20Is,

Both economical and wicket-taking: Bumrah, Bhuvi, Nata, Saini

Wicket-taking but wayward: Harshal, DLC, Thakur

Economical but not wicket-taking: Avesh

The rest are neither I suppose.

So, Bumrah and Bhuvi are certainties. It is sad that Nata and Saini did not get a full chance to show what they can do and there is not enough time to try the others properly either.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Welcome back, Prasen! Hope your symptoms were not too bad.

The indian team mgmt seems to be woefully behind in terms of strategy. Just read an article where Sehwag was promoting a top order of Ishan Kishen, Rohit and KL along with Kohli. Seriously the pundits are no better.

I am not a big fan of Sky, but he has been way more consistent than others.

Pant will walk into this side as a MO bat in T20 WC. He has failed repeatedly at intl level , though he has shown more success at IPL. Purely from entertainment perspective, he is probably a top draw. There is a sense of adventure when he bats that u don’t see with big hitters.

My prediction is that our batting line up will pretty much resemble our last WC with Kohli , KL and Rohit all playing
Rajkumar Sharma

Will definately rate SKY higher if he does well in important games in important time. He has got loads of experience of domestic cricket which should be shown while performing in international cricket. So, far he got two games where he could have shown his worth. World Cup game against Pakistan & last odi in SA tour, where he had excellent opportunity to prove his value for the team but failed by playing rash shorts, without judging situation of the match. He is already 31+ and has got some excellent contemporaries waiting in the bench, hope its not too late. His IPL performances have not been reflected in Indian colours
Rajkumar Sharma

Harshal Patel started proving whats expected. He will struggle in SENA countries as his bowling is suitable for subcontinent, slow & slugglish pitch. Its early, by the end of England tour it will be more clear
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

If Ireland can do this to our bowlers, Butler and Bairstow and company will run amok. No score is safe. Our bowling is very vulnerable. I don’t fancy our World Cup chances unless large Australian ground sizes help us.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:16 pm Harshal Patel started proving whats expected. He will struggle in SENA countries as his bowling is suitable for subcontinent, slow & slugglish pitch. Its early, by the end of England tour it will be more clear
Why pick on Patel when Kumar and Malik weren’t much better? In fact, Kumar and Hardik were taken to the cleaners to start the mayhem. And, no balls from Malik are criminal offense too.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

I agree with Raj’s take here. Harshal patel had come out and said he prefers slow pitches in an interview. Bhuvi has always been hit or miss. I don’t think he or Harshal will be really good in Australian conditions. India needs to apply the horses for courses philosophy with their selection for wc.

Umar Malik has a long way to go. He is always going to get preferential treatment because u can’t teach pace. He needs to learn how to bowl.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Harshal Patel, Umran Malik, Avesh, Arshdeep, etc. are all crap at this point. Some of them have potential but that is not good enough in a T20 WC. Saini has toured Australia and Nata has. They have performed better than anyone in this team or the team in the last two years. Why exactly are we not trying to give them more experience and exposure to see if they can cut it?

p.s. Thanks Kumar. No, thanks to the vaccines and mainly to the wonder drug Paxlovid (prescribed because I am more at risk due to my asthma), COVID was no worse than a normal flu for me. But, I was surprised at how much better my lungs were after one dose of Paxlovid (you need 10 doses).
Rajkumar Sharma

Natarajan is very good T20 bowler, has got lots of variety and a wicket taking option, but the problem is, he has got huge problem with knee, can't gurantee participation in every shorter series, just like Ashis Nehra. He had great start with Aus series and bowled tough overs with success against England at home, but then became unavailable for quite few months. Fitness bar at present is raised high standard by Virat & Co. and Natarajan is not fitting on this ground. Worked hard at the NCA but still he is behind from the required fitness level