South Africa In India 2022

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

South Africa In India 2022

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

As per PTI report, Selectors to give rest to all senior & regular players. Pandya or Dhawan to get appointed as stand in captain for 5 match T20I Series
https://cricketaddictor.com/south-afric ... be-rested/

Sin Hombre

Re: South Africa In India 2022

Post by Sin Hombre »

Dhawan :puke:

Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Maybe Rishi Dhawan :devil:

Rajiv
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Rajiv »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:50 pm As per PTI report, Selectors to give rest to all senior & regular players. Pandya or Dhawan to get appointed as stand in captain for 5 match T20I Series
https://cricketaddictor.com/south-afric ... be-rested/
Totally unacceptable…. They want to rest these top player but allow them to play IPL rather than the International series against a top team.

You need to play your best 11 in all International matches and prepare them for the World Cup as a team.

How does Pandya even qualify to be in the Indian team.

Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I think resting the seniors is fine. There are two problems though—a couple of them need to be rested forever. And, asking Dhawan to lead. Pandya has earned a consideration as a leader. As the first T20 World Cup proved, and the current IPL is proving, this format doesn’t care about big names. If you have the right attitude and skills, which are aplenty in India, you can be quite successful. I say go with a bunch of no names. I think the seeding for the World Cup, if it is used, has already been decided.

Rajkumar Sharma

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

From this SA T20 series our road to T20World Cup 2022 will begin

Issues which needs to be sort out

1) Top 3 ( KL, Rohit, Rahul) struggle against left arm pacers. Dhawan is now back at the top and his chances are quite high to get selected in WC squad
2) Shreyas vulnerable against bouncers, SKY need to show more consistency with the bat specially when team is down with early wickets. Hooda is also there as batter who can bowl after giving impressive performances in IPL
3) DK is nearly cemented his spot as wicket keeper with finishing role, and none could challenge him in this spot at present. Selector needs to put end to Pant-Kishan- Sanju's miserable show, these 3 are in same room as per performance is measured

With Dhawan back at the top, KL could be thought of as n.o 4 and back up wicket keeper. Saha - Jitesh Sharma also can't be ignored
4) It will be Jadeja against Krunal Pandya for the spin bowling allrounder option. Both can also get picked. They will bat at lower order keeping momentum with run rate will be required from them
5) Hardik Pandya as allrounder is required. Deepak Chahar & Thakur are other probables. Chahar can be very much usefull in Aus condition as he brings swing and also can bat. Pandya, Thakur needs to provide wickets in middle overs.
6) Ravi Ashwin, Chakravarthy, Jayant has no role in Aus with white ball, as finger spinner gets fully smashed in white ball in Aus tracks. So, Chahal, Kuldeep & Bushnoi
7) Need fresh Shami & Bumrah. Bhuvi might not get picked. Eyes will be on Umran, Harshal and left arm quick to add variety to the attack i,e Natarajan, Arsdeep....Wont be surprised if Mukesh or Mohsin makes door breaking entry to the team