T20I World Cup 2021

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Kumar
Authors
Authors

Re: T20I World Cup 2021

Post by Kumar »

Too much cricket, core team has played non stop from last IPL, Australia tour, England tour to India, IPL, the turn around and visit England for 3 months and then IPL. And we are starting with NZ series right after t20 wc. Bumrah, Kohli , Rohit should be rested after this match

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/teams/6 ... s-fixtures

Look at that schedule

Immediately after this WC, NZ series, SA series, ODI series with WI and then series with SL (13 t20, 7 test matches, 6 odi) thru March 18th. Non stop cricket. None of the guys in playing 11 should play the t20 series against No. give our players at least 3 weeks break before start of test.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Good thing that I was not following this at all. Just saw that we lost to the bug country and the bird country. Okay, back to Covid-watching then :(
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

For the next few matches, we should look at the future.

Pacers: Thakur, Bhuvi (rest Bumrah, Shami because of heavy load)

Spinners: Chahar, Varun, Jadeja (Ashwin is too old and the past, look to the future)

Batsmen: Kishan, Pant, SAY, Rahul, Hardik, Virat/Rohit (c)
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

prasen9 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:10 pm For the next few matches, we should look at the future.

Pacers: Thakur, Bhuvi (rest Bumrah, Shami because of heavy load)

Spinners: Chahar, Varun, Jadeja (Ashwin is too old and the past, look to the future)

Batsmen: Kishan, Pant, SAY, Rahul, Hardik, Virat/Rohit (c)
I agree! Also rest Rohit ! If players don’t perform, they are let go! I would fire the entire selection committee that had their head buried in sand refusing to see what fans have seen and complained.

My team for India NZ t20. Rest the entire team that went to T20

MayankAgarwal,Rituraj, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Sampson, Abhishek Sharma (can bowl a little), Axar patel, DRC, Y Chahal, four among the pacers( Saini/ Mavi / Harshal / Avesh khan/ Umran Malik / Natraj), one of PrithviShaw or Padaikal and then a middle order bat (would like to try ManishPandey and see if he can provide solidity or go back to sky) . Probably add a most promising spinner to the mix as 15th player on bench

With Shreyas Iyer as captain or even Mayank.
indiansportsfan

Post by indiansportsfan »

I would have Prithwi, Rituraj, Kishan, SKY, Samson/Pant, Hardik, Jadeja, Avesh, Bumrah, Varun and Chahal as the starting XI. Paddikal/Harshal/Axar/DLC should be the backups.

No place for Rahul, as he always underperforms in the big matches. He has done this in all the WCs so far, as also Kohli. Only Rohit has done well in the ODI WCs, so he should stay on in the ODI team (but not in T20). Kohli/Rahul should be dropped from the ODI team as well.

Also I would not have Iyer in the team, I don't think his game is suited for this format. He should instead be tried out for Tests. Mayank should be given some chances, but he hasn't grabbed the chances that he has gotten so far (and neither has Samson).
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Please. Save me the BS about Pant being somehow a good limited overs player. The very selection of Pant means our selectors are clueless. His selection also demoralizes people who perform and cannot get a game while the blue-eyed boys get in again and again. If Rahul underperforms in the big matches, okay, get him out. But, then why is Pant there --- he fails in the big and small matches and has a horrendous T20I record and it is not a small sample size.

Samson should be given 5 more matches and Mayank 10 more. You need to give the youngsters 15 innings out before judging them. Even the best players have 5 game streaks where they do not click or are unlucky.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Pant is the only player who has played non stop from Last year IPl missing just one test match . Even if u consider him good, I am ambivalent, he needs to be rested for this T20 series

Bumrah is our best bowler by miles. And he plays the position where we have surplus. U rest him for T20 series and may be even the test series in India.u safeguard hi. Like a treasure he is.

Hardik, Varun Jadeja - pandya cannot be selected as pure bat. Jadeja is great if we have 2-3 all rounders, otherwise he is almost a luxury. his T20 strike rate is 111 which is horrible, if he cannot bowl the full quota.
Varun is not fit, we took a chance and it backfired. By the time next wc rolls around his mystery delivery will no longer remain so.he needs to reinvent himself

I am ambivalent about Sky and Ishan. Would not mind giving them one more chance.if Ishan is playing ,play him as a wicket keeper.

As to Iyer,we can afford one anchor player and I feel confident that Iyar can provide that
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I like more systematic exploration. So, I would rather we give all these players we have given 1-5 games a full run --- 15 games and then decide. Unless there is a Tendulkar type who is burning down the house. Maybe Ruturaj has had that type of season. Other than that, we should give the youngsters a full run.

Kohli, etc. went the opposite way. Dropped Kishan. Retained all the oldies and brought in Ashwin, who is what a couple of years from retirement? Useless thinking.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Ok. Batted well today but I was hoping that Rohit and Rahul would hit out earlier around the 10th or 11th over. I think they started from over 12. Especially, KL Rahul. He could not really accelerate. I was hoping he would get out earlier. Oh, well. If he had fallen a bit earlier, we could have got to 220-240. Why is that important? Because you need to get your RR up and ding Afghanistan's seriously. Because our only option is if we beat Afghanistan with a thumping and they beat New Zealand. And, then Afghan RR is dinged and we scrape through by thumping the minnows.

Excellent innings by Hardik and Pant.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Not sure AFG will beat NZ who is typically the most prepared team.

They played without pressure and it showed. The problem is if our openers fail, our middle order is too fragile to recover

We had Kohl’s to anchor in the first match at decent rate and Pant kept it together to ensure we score at least 150 runs.
In second match, we lost all 4 of our top batsman cheaply and this resulted in abysmal target. They lost that game immediately after losing the toss

Question- can captain deputed someone to go for toss or does it always have to be captain? Kohli toss luck is getting ridiculous
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Why was Pandya bowling? He bowled utter crap. And, Jadeja did not bowl one over. That would have mattered wrt NRR. That and the stupid umpire who did not let Jadeja's catch stand. Anyway, Afghanistan has to beat NZ. Let's see. For the next two matches, we should bat first and follow this blueprint.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Thakur and Pandya combined to give up 30 runs in last two overs. If we had restricted them to 15-20 runs in those overs it would have been nice.,
indiansportsfan

Post by indiansportsfan »

Thakur is not much better either. The sad part is we don't have any capable backup. We have R. Chahar, Bhuvi and Varun. Varun is out, while the other 2 are crap. Why couldn't the idiot Chetan Sharma select Chahal and Avesh, beats me, even though he had enough opportunity to do so. So we are stuck with the lineup we have. The only gripe I have with Kohli was why he did not select Ashwin for the 1st 2 games, he could have made a difference.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

I'm glad Ashwin proved his worth immediately. What an almighty travesty it has been to have kept him on the bench -- especially in the test series against England.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Wait, India won the toss and elected to field. Do any of the geniuses understand how the NRR works? Stupidity! We will beat Scotland whether we bat or field first. To get your NRR high, you need to bat first. Or am I stupid and missing something? I do not see how this decision can be anything but sheer ignorance.