India in England, summer of 2021

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: India in England, summer of 2021

Post by prasen9 »

Now they are saying it will rain anyway for two days in Old Trafford out of the five days. So, whatever. I still think if the pitch is on the drier side and the weather sunny, etc. I would strongly like to see both Jadeja and Ashwin play along with Shardul, Shami, and Bumrah. Or Umesh for Shardul. Going a little batting heavy in a test where we need a draw to win the series is not a bad idea. We should not get too defensive though but the five bowlers with Jadeja, Ashwin, Shardul able to bat would be useful if we need a rearguard action to draw a test.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

We should let Shastri play. Seriously, how can one can expect him to make good decisions when he pulls off a stunt like this? He jeopardized not only this test, but the IPL too. Although, I’d be fine if IPL was canceled.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Completely idiotic. SCG should have him show cause in private.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

It has been learnt that Parmar's positive result came after a fresh round of testing on Wednesday evening; the team had trained as scheduled on Wednesday morning. It is understood that Parmar experienced Covid symptoms on Wednesday after returning from training and took the test.
Quote from the espn article i had poated earlier. Were these players subject to rt-pcr test every day? If not, Considering that thr coach is already out with covid 19, why were they not subjected to RT-PCR test everyday.

If they were subjected to Rt-PCR everyday, very interesting that his Test on Tuesday was not positive, but he was having symptoms Wednesday morning.

What would be the status of match, if the players tested positive during the match? Would the match be abnadoned an dIndia forced to concede? Or would inida be forced to play with out the positive players. Depending on the consequences, the team should be selected. Also if the tai were to delay the match, the team selection should be allowed to be delayed. Will have to see if Shastri gambit to win the series 2-1 works :p
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

If players cannot go, then India will have to declare the innings and forfeit the match. Hope that Shastri gambit does not succeed.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

prasen9 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:29 pm If players cannot go, then India will have to declare the innings and forfeit the match. Hope that Shastri gambit does not succeed.
So if even one of the player reports positive after start of match, India has to forfeit the game? I am surprised there are no news articles that talk about playing conditions and what if scenarios.

Reminds me of NFL last year, when 4 broncos QB were all quarantined, when one of them was positive couple of days before the game. Broncos had to play the game with a WR from practice squad, who played as QB in high school.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I do not know what the guidelines/rules in England are. If someone tests positive, they have to quarantine for 10 days. The question is who else needs to do so and under what circumstances. It seems like the fact that the coach, etc. got covid did not make the players isolate right automatically. So, if someone tests positive, you play with one player less, etc. Cricket does not allow substitutions unless somehow ICC adopts an emergency rule.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

The game is on. No need to rack your brains.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/eng- ... ve-1277117
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

prasen9 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:07 am I do not know what the guidelines/rules in England are. If someone tests positive, they have to quarantine for 10 days. The question is who else needs to do so and under what circumstances. It seems like the fact that the coach, etc. got covid did not make the players isolate right automatically. So, if someone tests positive, you play with one player less, etc. Cricket does not allow substitutions unless somehow ICC adopts an emergency rule.
In such a case, we should think if Shami should play. There is really no need to risk him getting positive and we loose his service.
I would seriously go with Ashwin if Jadeja also had close contact with above Physiotherapist. As far as Rohit and Pujara, we don’t have backups unless we decide to go with Mayank.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Did some players get extra exposure? Why single out Shami?
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

prasen9 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:33 am Did some players get extra exposure? Why single out Shami?
Please see my earlier post
Kumar wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:51 pm

India may end up not playing Rohit, Pujara, Shami, Jadeja who all worked with the above mentioned physio.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/eng- ... 19-1276999
The concerning issue for the Indian team is that Parmar has been testing several players suffering various niggles including Rohit Sharma (knee), Cheteshwar Pujara (ankle) and Ravindra Jadeja (knee), as well as the pair of Mohammed Shami and Ishant Sharma w
Well, I assumed that above players had more exposure becoz of their injuries. The article does not outright say it!
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Now, it may not start on Friday. Bizarre.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/eng- ... ck-1277173
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Now BCCI has forfeited. Looks like they did not want to risk start of IPl

The fifth match - lot of rain forecast. We could have drawn it.
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by S_K_S »

Cancelled due to covid. Forfeit of match. Series tied at 2-2.
S_K_S
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by S_K_S »

Might not be a forfeit. Could have won 2-1.