ICC Test Team of the Decade

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

ICC Test Team of the Decade

Post by prasen9 »

ICC Men’s Test Team of the Decade: Alastair Cook, David Warner, Kane Williamson, Virat Kohli (capt), Steve Smith, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Ben Stokes, R Ashwin, Dale Steyn, Stuart Broad, James Anderson

My first five would be: Cook, Warner, Smith, Sanga, Younis Khan. Keeper De Villiers. Kohli has scored a lot more runs but I think all of Younis, Sanga, and De Villiers highs were a lot higher.

My three pacers would be Cummins, Philander, and Steyn. Again, the ICC has considered longevity and overall wickets like overall runs to bring in Broad and Anderson I think.

All-rounder: Jadeja

Spinner: Ashwin

So, Cook, Warner, Younis Khan, Smith, Sanga, De Villiers/keeper, Jadeja, Ashwin, Philander, Cummins, Steyn. Bowlers bat deep. If you think 150 wickets is not enough, I guess I would bring in Anderson.

I guess if you want a pure keeper, then I would consider Paine, Watling, Haddin, Bairstow, Prior, and Dhoni. Tough choice. I'd rather go with De Villiers and get his bat though.